Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Not gonna lie, I find it increasingly difficult to be anything other than extremely cynical with all things NFL related. I know that's not fair for each individual case, but if I'm being completely honest, I end up assuming guilt more than presuming innocence. Shouldn't happen, but I find myself doing it.

Not gonna lie, I find it increasingly difficult to be anything other than extremely cynical with all things NFL related. I know that's not fair for each individual case, but if I'm being completely honest, I end up assuming guilt more than presuming innocence. Shouldn't happen, but I find myself doing it.

I'm never surprised because I expect that the proportion of people in football with criminal problems is probably similar to the general public. I'm mostly annoyed that I don't get paid millions of dollars to be a horrible person.

I'm never surprised because I expect that the proportion of people in football with criminal problems is probably similar to the general public. I'm mostly annoyed that I don't get paid millions of dollars to be a horrible person.

I think it's significantly higher in the NFL.

Interesting.  Thanks.  I will say that I was thinking more of violent crime, and that study doesn't differentiate between the different types of criminal offense.  But I could be wrong either way.

Interesting.  Thanks.  I will say that I was thinking more of violent crime, and that study doesn't differentiate between the different types of criminal offense.  But I could be wrong either way.

Yeah the study is interesting to say the least. Like they admit in the story, it's a running tally of arrests of NFL players that the media picks up on. They can be innocent or guilty, and there could have been a few arrests made to lesser-known players that they didn't pick up on (although in today's media age, I doubt anyone went unscathed post-Twitter era). 

Looks like Kromer is all but officially let go at this point. Anderson's gonna get his shot. 

GO BILLS!!!

Everything I'm seeing now says the Bills will take more time.  Like this:  http://bills.buffalonews.com/2015/07/13/bills-will-weigh-facts-before-any-decision-on-kromer/

Edited by Eleven

Yeah the study is interesting to say the least. Like they admit in the story, it's a running tally of arrests of NFL players that the media picks up on. They can be innocent or guilty, and there could have been a few arrests made to lesser-known players that they didn't pick up on (although in today's media age, I doubt anyone went unscathed post-Twitter era). 

It's also going to miss the occasions where a cop looks the other way because it's a football player.  Still, the idea that things are far worse in the NFL is not holding water at this point.

You got to look in the link under the word 'lower' in the NYT article, that gets you to a deadspin article that separates out different crimes.

Everything I'm hearing suggests otherwise. I'll be surprised if he's the OL coach when camp opens. 

GO BILLS!!!

You got sources?  (Yes or no is fine & I'll take you at your word; I don't need names or anything like that.)

@mikerodak: Walton County sheriff’s office has issued a warrant against Aaron Kromer’s son Zachary, 21, for misdemeanor simple battery.

@MikeGarafolo: Zachary Kromer allegedly put his hands around the throat of one of the friends of the boy who claimed to be assaulted by Aaron Kromer.

Like Father like son

@mikerodak: Charge against Zachary Kromer is for putting his hands on another victim in the case. Not the same victim that Aaron Kromer allegedly hit.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.