Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

I may have a lower opinion of Cassel than many around here, but the thought of him being the starter makes me want to puke. He's awful--worse than Orton. The best thing I can say about Taylor is he's an upgrade over Tuel. I think Manuel is the best option because he's either the same as Cassel or might hit on the 5% chance he improves...Cassel is who he is, and it's not good.

I'm curious about Taylor.  Ozzie Newsome in Baltimore has a pretty good track record for talent.  There was no way Taylor would ever sniff the field with Flacco there.  Might be the dark horse of the off season moves.

I may have a lower opinion of Cassel than many around here, but the thought of him being the starter makes me want to puke. He's awful--worse than Orton. The best thing I can say about Taylor is he's an upgrade over Tuel. I think Manuel is the best option because he's either the same as Cassel or might hit on the 5% chance he improves...Cassel is who he is, and it's not good.

EJ is the best option, hands down. I think it will prove itself out in training camp. Taylor is a one in a million shot.

Matt Cassel is better than EJ Manuel but there's still a higher ceiling there with Manuel. Are we looking to build towards the future or win now?

I'd definitely say win now. This defense won't be this ferocious forever, especially as Kyle and Mario Williams continue to age. Trading a young linebacker for a stud running back towards the end of his peak is another indication. I doubt Rex Ryan came here with the idea of not being good enough to win for a few years.

I see it playing out a little differently.  Cassel is there to provide stability.  The starting job is his to lose.  But I also see both Manuel and Taylor competing to take the starting job.  Taylor's been around but just hasn't played much; he hasn't had to.  But he could be ripe for a breakout year.  And I still haven't given up on EJ.  I could see any of the three ending up a clear Number One.

Tyrod can play.  Kid is a hell of an athlete.  I predict we start the year with Cassel as the starter and Tyrod as his backup.  I further predict that EJ gets cut after training camp.

Remember that you heard it here first.  B-)

Based on blind faith? Cassel has shown he's capable of 300-400 yard games and playing at a high level at times. EJ has yet to show that.

Cassel has shown he can play at a high level when he's gifted an offense that went 18-1 the year before. He hasn't played at anything that could be considered a high level since than. That was what, 8 years ago?

It's really starting to irk me that so many people are acting like EJ has never completed a pass on the NFL. Yes, he's been replacement level for 14 starts...but Cassel has been replacement level for his entire career. I'll take my chances with EJ.

Cassel has shown he can play at a high level when he's gifted an offense that went 18-1 the year before. He hasn't played at anything that could be considered a high level since than. That was what, 8 years ago?

It's really starting to irk me that so many people are acting like EJ has never completed a pass on the NFL. Yes, he's been replacement level for 14 starts...but Cassel has been replacement level for his entire career. I'll take my chances with EJ.

I agree with you on Manuel but if Cassel can duplicate his second year in KC, the Bills' will be a playoff team.

Erik Pears got a two-year deal from San Fran who also signed Reggie Bush.

It would be nice if one of them separates himself during training camp.

It would be nicer if that one is EJ

This is where I'm at. EJ and Cassel should be splitting starter reps during practices and the preseason games until we see some separation. Find a way to get Taylor in against the second stringers, too, to get a better look.

Miami will lose patience when they remove the tag. Until then, they are being patient. If they are truly ready to "move on" as Graham reports, then the tag will be removed.

GO BILLS!!!

They have no reason to relinquish control. They'll keep the tag to force Buffalo to work a strange contract.

Sean Mannion anyone? I don't follow NCAAF as much as I should, but according to nfl.com he played in a pro-style offense at Oregon

State; he's a development project, but one that could yield some nice results. Projected 2nd/3rd round.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000478953/article/sean-mannion-of-oregon-state-has-look-of-an-nfl-qb-at-pro-day

He won't go 2nd/3rd. He's more of a 5th/6th. Coming into the year he could've gone much higher but he had a poor year.

Even better, not sure I'd want to spend our first pick on him. 

Looking at his stats he still had a good year, in fact it looks like if he had more attempts (went from 603---> 453) he'd have the same amount of yards and touchdowns. His TD/INT rate nearly the same, so is his completion %. Slight drops in both, but he seems consistent; could be due to Oregon State losing some players? 

Even better, not sure I'd want to spend our first pick on him.

Looking at his stats he still had a good year, in fact it looks like if he had more attempts (went from 603---> 453) he'd have the same amount of yards and touchdowns. His TD/INT rate nearly the same, so is his completion %. Slight drops in both, but he seems consistent; could be due to Oregon State losing some players?

That's kind of the reason. He was projected highly because he was expected to take a step forward. He didn't. He sat in neutral on a lower usage rate (really he was much worse this year than last, but even neutral would've hurt his stock).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.