Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

So is the twittersphere responsible for all of these wrong breaking news signings? Everyone can wait to break news, so they run with whatever they get, be damaged their sources?

Everybody is reporting the Harvin stuff. I doubt it's wrong. A news anchor in DC isn't swaying me.

The "wrong" breaking news signings don't appear to be wrong. Gore did agree with Philly but he changed his mind. Cameron we haven't heard from but the info out there seems to be that the media was fed that info to get Miami more engaged.

Edited by Tank

My take on the Clay delay: both the team and player want to make a deal, but the transition tag is still an obstacle. The team might be trying to call the team's bluff. The Dolphins want to do something with that money but can't use Clay's $7M until he's gone or the tag is removed... Maybe Buffalo is trying to wait it out until they have to remove the tag.

The Bills have won several of the past offsaesons. It's once the games start that they don't do so well.

I think until we get a QB that we top out at 9-7 or a miracle 10-6 even with a great defense and many offensive weapons.

Very likely that these Bills are 8-8 or 9-7 next year even though they will be improved from the '14 team.

Lots of running to eat up clock and a tough D will provide a tough competitive team that may sneak into the wild card.

Any expectations above that are foolhardy.

I think until we get a QB that we top out at 9-7 or a miracle 10-6 even with a great defense and many offensive weapons.

Very likely that these Bills are 8-8 or 9-7 next year even though they will be improved from the '14 team.

Lots of running to eat up clock and a tough D will provide a tough competitive team that may sneak into the wild card.

Any expectations above that are foolhardy.

Why? If they've improved, the coaching staff improved, and the schedule looks easier, why not win one more game than they won last year?

Edited by Randall Flagg

I fully expect the Bills to be in the playoffs next year, anything else would be a disappointment.

Pretty good article about the Bills' offseason thus far

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/story/sports/football/nfl/bills/2015/03/13/buffalo-bills-percy-harvin-signing/70301140/

I just don't think it's fair to expect a team with a QB platoon of Manuel-Cassel-Taylor to make the playoffs. I expect us to compete and be right there at the end, but if we end up with bottom-10 quarterbacking, it's still a crapshoot to actually make it.

Separately, Bill Barnwell is speculating that the reason the Dolphins freed up cap space isn't to re-sign Clay, but rather to facilitate the Evan Mathis trade with Philly.

Didn't know that. Thanks for the tip. 

He's still remiss in not mentioning how STUPID the Eagles are or maybe he just hasn't looked at it yet. Regardless, what they committed to the RB position yesterday, not to mention the $3m Sproles collects, puts them at the top of dumb moves in free agency imo. 

GO BILLS!!!

Ask, and you shall receive: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-chip-kelly-gamble-philadelphia-eagles/

Seriously, I love Barnwell. He's about as level-headed as it gets when he breaks something down. 

I just don't think it's fair to expect a team with a QB platoon of Manuel-Cassel-Taylor to make the playoffs. I expect us to compete and be right there at the end, but if we end up with bottom-10 quarterbacking, it's still a crapshoot to actually make it.

Separately, Bill Barnwell is speculating that the reason the Dolphins freed up cap space isn't to re-sign Clay, but rather to facilitate the Evan Mathis trade with Philly.

Making the playoffs is a totally different animal than contending for the SB, and the former is a realistic expectation of the Bills' front office. We have talent at every position besides our O-Line and QB. If we can get some guards and make sure Cassel isn't int-happy, there is no way we should expect anything less than a 10 win season. 

Making the playoffs is a totally different animal than contending for the SB, and the former is a realistic expectation of the Bills' front office. We have talent at every position besides our O-Line and QB. If we can get some guards and make sure Cassel isn't int-happy, there is no way we should expect anything less than a 10 win season. 

And 10 wins, as this season shows, is no guarantee in and of itself. To me, if you expect something to happen, you have to be at least like 75% confident it's going to happen...I can't get there with our QBs. I'm hopeful, but not expectant. 

Ask, and you shall receive: http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-chip-kelly-gamble-philadelphia-eagles/

Seriously, I love Barnwell. He's about as level-headed as it gets when he breaks something down. 

Much obliged. Good read. Confirms my suspicion that Chip Kelly is in a full throttle manic episode and he's short on meds. 

GO BILLS!!!

I see it playing out a little differently.  Cassel is there to provide stability.  The starting job is his to lose.  But I also see both Manuel and Taylor competing to take the starting job.  Taylor's been around but just hasn't played much; he hasn't had to.  But he could be ripe for a breakout year.  And I still haven't given up on EJ.  I could see any of the three ending up a clear Number One.

I see it playing out a little differently. Cassel is there to provide stability. The starting job is his to lose. But I also see both Manuel and Taylor competing to take the starting job. Taylor's been around but just hasn't played much; he hasn't had to. But he could be ripe for a breakout year. And I still haven't given up on EJ. I could see any of the three ending up a clear Number One.

I may have a lower opinion of Cassel than many around here, but the thought of him being the starter makes me want to puke. He's awful--worse than Orton. The best thing I can say about Taylor is he's an upgrade over Tuel. I think Manuel is the best option because he's either the same as Cassel or might hit on the 5% chance he improves...Cassel is who he is, and it's not good.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.