Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

Vic Carucci ‏@viccarucci 30s31 seconds ago

Here's the latest on the #Bills' continued pursuit of TE Charles Clay. http://bit.ly/18gN6pD

"The Browns are known to have strong interest in Clay as well, but, the source said, he is expected to either return to the Dolphins or join the Bills."

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 5m5 minutes ago

Folks, the odds of Charles Clay playing with Jordan Cameron are ZERO. Who pays their TE's $14M?

Vic Carucci ‏@viccarucci 30s31 seconds ago

Here's the latest on the #Bills' continued pursuit of TE Charles Clay. http://bit.ly/18gN6pD

"The Browns are known to have strong interest in Clay as well, but, the source said, he is expected to either return to the Dolphins or join the Bills."

Omar Kelly ‏@OmarKelly 5m5 minutes ago

Folks, the odds of Charles Clay playing with Jordan Cameron are ZERO. Who pays their TE's $14M?

The Patriots did. 

GO BILLS!!!

Bill Barnwell of Grantland on the Bills and McCoy:

LeSean McCoy to Buffalo

Contract Extension: Five years, $40 million, $26.5 million guaranteed

I also wrote about the McCoy deal in that same column. McCoy wasn’t technically a free agent, but I’m going to sneak him in here. How a running back with no leverage managed to get this big of a contract extension from the Bills is a lesson in how bad organizations operate.

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-10-worst-free-agent-deals-so-far/

Eeeeeeeesssshhhh.

FWIW, the extension is what has bothered me the most about this deal.

Bill Barnwell of Grantland on the Bills and McCoy:

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-10-worst-free-agent-deals-so-far/

Eeeeeeeesssshhhh.

FWIW, the extension is what has bothered me the most about this deal.

I read that and shook my head. I seriously love Barnwell's writing, but I thought the reason for the extension was pretty obvious: the Bills wanted more cap space this year to spend on free agents. Turns out we may not have needed to, but it's not like they handed out all that money for shits n giggles.

I read that and shook my head. I seriously love Barnwell's writing, but I thought the reason for the extension was pretty obvious: the Bills wanted more cap space this year to spend on free agents. Turns out we may not have needed to, but it's not like they handed out all that money for shits n giggles.

Fair point, but how much did they save on this year's cap?  And did they need to increase the guaranteed money by 2.6x? 

Fair point, but how much did they save on this year's cap? And did they need to increase the guaranteed money by 2.6x?

It was in the $5-6 million range. As to how much guaranteed had to be in there, I don't know. While it's possible they simply got beat at the negotiating table, when I look at the guaranteed money in Murray and Gore's deals, I think it was probably in the right ballpark.

All you ever hear about is leverage this and leverage that. You know what you end up with if you only do contracts when a player has a lot of leverage? A league full of players that don't want to play for you. Taking care of McCoy served two purposes... Make him feel better about a shocking trade and give yourself some cap space. If it made other guys think "hey, they take care of their own" then it's an added bonus.

Charles Clay...

Dolphins are acquiring Kenny Still from the Saints.

They're going to be a tough team this year. I'm still confident their secondary is vulnerable though. I think we may be battling for a wildcard spot with them until late December 

Meh. Tannehill still doesn't impress me, and I think Rex can coach the pants off Philbin. 

Really? 66% completion percentage and 27-12 TD/INT rate doesn't impress you? He's not a great QB, but he's a very good one. His line is terrible every year, so hopefully Rex can take care of that and Philibin's ineptitude. 

It doesn't matter. They're not paying Clay and Cameron...

I don't think they're going to, but it wouldn't totally shock me to see them try to copycat the two TE sets the Pats used with Gronk and Hernandez (and obviously I'm not saying Cameron/Clay = Gronk/Hernandez). If you don't have much at receiver, going with two legit TE threats isn't a bad idea.

I don't think they're going to, but it wouldn't totally shock me to see them try to copycat the two TE sets the Pats used with Gronk and Hernandez (and obviously I'm not saying Cameron/Clay = Gronk/Hernandez). If you don't have much at receiver, going with two legit TE threats isn't a bad idea.

It would be their best move, especially considering Jordans injury history.

Really? 66% completion percentage and 27-12 TD/INT rate doesn't impress you? He's not a great QB, but he's a very good one. His line is terrible every year, so hopefully Rex can take care of that and Philibin's ineptitude. 

Meh, I say. Every time he plays the Bills he gets his face kicked in, and I think our defense will be even better this year. Looking at his game log he seems to rack up stats against bad defense and bomb against good ones--the only good defense he was legitimately impressive against last year was Denver.

This especially since Cameron's Contract is essentially a one year show me deal

CJ to the Saints good for him

Ellerbe and his cap hit, along with a third to NO for Stills

Chandler to the Pats.

Edited by BRAWNDO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.