Buffalo Bills 2015

Taro T

All you ever hear about is leverage this and leverage that. You know what you end up with if you only do contracts when a player has a lot of leverage? A league full of players that don't want to play for you. Taking care of McCoy served two purposes... Make him feel better about a shocking trade and give yourself some cap space. If it made other guys think "hey, they take care of their own" then it's an added bonus.

Good take. 

I question Grantland's thinking simply because he doesn't once mention the other side of the ledger: McCoy's unique talent and status at the position. There's Peterson, McCoy, and Murray. 

And as much as he made had to stretch to include a TRADE in his list of FREE AGENT deals, where is his take on the Eagles shelling out $51.5m with $27.5m guaranteed to the RB position yesterday? Grantland lost some credibility by excluding that gem by Chip Kelly. I think he's an Eagles shill. 

GO BILLS!!!

Good take. 

I question Grantland's thinking simply because he doesn't once mention the other side of the ledger: McCoy's unique talent and status at the position. There's Peterson, McCoy, and Murray. 

And as much as he made had to stretch to include a TRADE in his list of FREE AGENT deals, where is his take on the Eagles shelling out $51.5m with $27.5m guaranteed to the RB position yesterday? Grantland lost some credibility by excluding that gem by Chip Kelly. I think he's an Eagles shill. 

GO BILLS!!!

He had a full article on the trade which discussed this. 

Harvin is a great athlete, but there is a reason he is on his 4th team already.  He can't run routes.  He has to operate as a "utility knife" to add value - returner, end arounds, a little bit of slot receiver....

Still a good signing though if it is only for 1 year.

@AdamSchefter: Oh boy: Bills reached agreement on 1-year deal with WR Percy Harvin, per source. Buffalo spending bills; add Harvin, McCoy, Incognito.

BOOM

He will add a level of excitement to play calling not seen here in more than a decade.

I say why not.  That has to open things up route-wise for Sammy if Harvin is in the backfield.

Harvin is a great athlete, but there is a reason he is on his 4th team already.  He can't run routes.  He has to operate as a "utility knife" to add value - returner, end arounds, a little bit of slot receiver....

Still a good signing though if it is only for 1 year.

Harvin was a huge reason the Seahawks won the Super Bowl. While I'll agree he's not the kind of guy I'd want around long-term, on a one year deal I think he'll be on his best behavior and if Roman has a single creative bone in his body, he'll be able to use Harvin to create all kinds of mismatches and disguised playcalls. I love the move.

Harvin was a huge reason the Seahawks won the Super Bowl. While I'll agree he's not the kind of guy I'd want around long-term, on a one year deal I think he'll be on his best behavior and if Roman has a single creative bone in his body, he'll be able to use Harvin to create all kinds of mismatches and disguised playcalls. I love the move.

He'll be gone by November ala Williams.  All hail Hogan the Patron Saint of Walk On's  

He had a full article on the trade which discussed this. 

Didn't know that. Thanks for the tip. 

He's still remiss in not mentioning how STUPID the Eagles are or maybe he just hasn't looked at it yet. Regardless, what they committed to the RB position yesterday, not to mention the $3m Sproles collects, puts them at the top of dumb moves in free agency imo. 

GO BILLS!!!

Per Omar Kelly, yes that Omar Kelly, the Fins are on the verge of re-signing Clay. Altough he has been wrong before.

I'll be pretty disappointed if that happens. I'm not crazy about huge money for Clay, but I do think he'd be a really nice addition to the offense.

Edited by TrueBluePhD

Carucci reporting no offer sheet will be made to Clay today, but they still plan to make one. They have to be thinking the Dolphins are bluffing with the leaks they want to re-sign him, right? I get that they want to get Clay a little cheaper without the threat of the transition match, but given the cap space the Dolphins freed up in the Stills trade, I think there's a reasonable chance we get caught with our pants down by continually delaying.

BUST

@WGR550: RT @NBCdianna: Not so fast on Percy Harvin to the Bills, 49ers could be making a play per sources.

So is the twittersphere responsible for all of these wrong breaking news signings? Everyone can wait to break news, so they run with whatever they get, be damaged their sources? Edited by Inkoslav Manilov

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.