GDT: Sabres at Devils, 1/6/15, 7:00 pm

nfreeman

Game on!

Although I suspect there will be at least 10K empty seats tonight in Newark, Myers will be back -- and the Sabres' current slide started around the time he got hurt.

Discuss.

Happy new year to all.

Just to add some stats to back you up, Buffalo won 10 of 13 games before he got hurt and then went 1-7-1 when he was sidelined. Now it certainly isn't all due to Myers, but that's pretty telling.

Also, I'm guessing that we are getting pretty close to breaking through the bottom valley in carp's tank chart, so I am expecting a few wins coming up. Hopefully they hold off until afer the next two games.

Game on!

Although I suspect there will be at least 10K empty seats tonight in Newark, Myers will be back -- and the Sabres' current slide started around the time he got hurt.

Discuss.

Happy new year to all.

Could still go to the game for under $30 (for just the tickets, that is). I just can't bring myself to spending money on them yet, though. Hopefully next year.

Approaching the halfway marker, it's the start of the new year,… I'm almost getting to the point where I'm ready to flip the switch into tank mode. Just not sure I can root for the Devils even though I know it's the right thing to do.

is there even 1 Sabres fan out there that think the team is better off if they win this game?

All I want is for them to distance themselves enough where we can all actually be happy if they win one here or there. As far as these next two, I will actually be nervous watching the games and that will be a first in quite some time...weird

All I want is for them to distance themselves enough where we can all actually be happy if they win one here or there. As far as these next two, I will actually be nervous watching the games and that will be a first in quite some time...weird

Dallas is currently 20th in the league at 42 points, 11 ahead of us currently. Ideally I'd like every team in the league to have a 10 point or greater lead over us which would allow us to stay at the bottom even if we put together a winning streak of 5 games. Even optimistically though, it's gonna be a while before teams like Jersey, Philly, and Phoenix are able to get there and doubtful if teams like Carolina and Edmonton ever will.

Sounds like both Varone and Schaller were called up because McCormick is out:

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/tyler-myers-ready-to-return-to-struggling-sabres/

Meanwhile, Nolan said center Cody McCormick couldn’t walk Sunday. McCormick felt fine following Saturday’s 6-1 loss to the Rangers. He felt better Monday but didn’t practice.

I'd forgotten Varone was called up last season (thought it was his first).

Sabres hoping Varone can give Hodgson a boost:

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/sabres-notebook-varone-hopes-to-help-hodgson-get-on-track-20150106

It’s been a decade, but Cody Hodgson and Phil Varone once made a really great pair. They played peewee hockey together and learned to skate and stickhandle from Varone’s father, Tony.

They’ll team up again Tuesday night.

Phil Varone, recalled from Rochester on Sunday, will make his Sabres season debut against the New Jersey Devils. The 24-year-old will center for Hodgson and right wing Brian Flynn.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.