2015 IIHF World Juniors

WildCard

Domi gets player of the game for Canada but his two goals were just as much of Sam's doing. The setups were nicer than the goals. Sam got an empty netter for good measure. Haven,t done the math but Sam may be leading the tournament in scoring.

Larkin looked really good again, Fasching was a force too.

Compher was shadowing McDavid in the first but didn't see much of him later in the game.

The McEichel buildup was too much, these guys were almost invisible. A lot of pressure on them. There is a lot of talent out there other than those two.

Some were saying it was not an important game but Canada now plays Denmark while the U.S. plays Russia. I would prefer the win on that fact alone.

I'm still questioning the way the US coach uses his players.

Larkin and Fasching have been the most effective duo, yet they aren't getting power play time and they weren't on the ice enough when the Americans needed a goal. It's almost like he pigeonholed his players before the tourney and is unwilling to adapt to what's happening in the games.

Compher is still a role player, but his game has improved every game, IMO.

Domi gets player of the game for Canada but his two goals were just as much of Sam's doing. The setups were nicer than the goals. Sam got an empty netter for good measure. Haven,t done the math but Sam may be leading the tournament in scoring.

Larkin looked really good again, Fasching was a force too.

Compher was shadowing McDavid in the first but didn't see much of him later in the game.

The McEichel buildup was too much, these guys were almost invisible. A lot of pressure on them. There is a lot of talent out there other than those two.

Some were saying it was not an important game but Canada now plays Denmark while the U.S. plays Russia. I would prefer the win on that fact alone.

On the bright side, US-Russia should be better for pure entertainment value.

I'm still questioning the way the US coach uses his players.

Larkin and Fasching have been the most effective duo, yet they aren't getting power play time and they weren't on the ice enough when the Americans needed a goal. It's almost like he pigeonholed his players before the tourney and is unwilling to adapt to what's happening in the games.

Compher is still a role player, but his game has improved every game, IMO.

Agree with all of this.

Agree with everything that's been said here about the game. Now, this may sound silly to others, but Samson was showing these glimpses in his 9 game stint; putting himself and the puck in position but totally lacking the wing support to capitalize. We HAVE to get him wingers with a clue.

GO SABRES!!!

Agree with everything that's been said here about the game. Now, this may sound silly to others, but Samson was showing these glimpses in his 9 game stint; putting himself and the puck in position but totally lacking the wing support to capitalize. We HAVE to get him wingers with a clue.

GO SABRES!!!

Agreed on all counts. I don't watch junior hockey, so all I've seen of him are the World Juniors and his tryout with the Sabres. I wish I could see more, because watching him play hockey makes me happy in the pants.

Virtannen is a pest and easy to dislike.

Nurse is impressive - skates well and large nasty streak; he could be a good one for Edmonton.

I'm most impressed by Reinhart in this tourney. He plays a cerebral game and always under control. Really happy to see him on the PK as well.

Fasching could be a great winger for Reinhart.

Lots of good looking goalies, especially some who are seeing lots of shots (Germany, Denmark, etc).

Keep it coming!

I don't think Detroit wants to hand us larkin now. If we do get him i'd be ok packaging Grigorenko in a deal.

Allthough a 3rd line with Grigorenko wouldn't be bad either, good at faceoffs, and defensively he is showing he can be trusted.

Samson looking like the best player of the tournament so far, i think mcdavid is still feeling bad from his hand injury.

Fasching starting to look like a steal for us.

Edited by Heimdall

@Liger - Doesn't Crouse play a similar game to your boy Zacha or are you off his bandwagon as well? I haven't seen much of Zacha but from what I've read his game is similar to Crouse in that they are both power forwards who are big, can hit and skate well. Zacha has 9 goals in 21 games, while Crouse has 12 goals in 24 games.

Not sure why my the quote feature doesn't work.

Fair points, hopefully the tank rolls on and we won't be looking at either of them unless it's with our second first (likely have to move up still). At this point I would still move up to the middle of the first for one of them but it will be interesting to see how their second halves of the season go.

Fair points, hopefully the tank rolls on and we won't be looking at either of them unless it's with our second first (likely have to move up still). At this point I would still move up to the middle of the first for one of them but it will be interesting to see how their second halves of the season go.

I think moving up at this point depends on how things shake out. Some of these guys give me a boom or bust feel. I have liked Marker and Stromes games. Provorov has looked good. Still to early to put together a list.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.