2015 IIHF World Juniors

WildCard

Larionov is a great Reinhart comparison.

Domi has been outstanding, but the wingers excuse for McDavid doesn't wash.

Lazar is Canada's captain and best two-way player. Ritchie is their best power forward.

They get lots of PP time and (because of Samson's line) face second-pair checkers.

Tuch has been very good on Eichel's wing, but the other side has been a revolving door.

And they get top checkers all the time.

Wingers weren't an excuse, just saying he's in a different spit than Eichel in this tournament. That said, I think Ritchie had been pretty bad this tournament. Just totally invisible.

Wingers weren't an excuse, just saying he's in a different spit than Eichel in this tournament. That said, I think Ritchie had been pretty bad this tournament. Just totally invisible.

Agreed on Ritchie. He's always struck me as the type where scouts get enamoured with his tools and don't pay enough attention to what he actually does.

Very true on the Ritchie points. He's Zach Kassian 2.0. Guy is wildly over-rated and his game won't translate to the NHL IMO. He is a big dude that throws illegal hits and has made a name for himself in junior by doing it. I really don't see him living up to where he was drafted.

Very true on the Ritchie points. He's Zach Kassian 2.0. Guy is wildly over-rated and his game won't translate to the NHL IMO. He is a big dude that throws illegal hits and has made a name for himself in junior by doing it. I really don't see him living up to where he was drafted.

I can't believe you wrote that - it's exactly what I said while watching him, "Ritchie is another Zach Kassian..." I love your analysis!

Good comparison.

I've seen play quite a bit and he takes a lot of cheap shots and stupid penalties.

He can score but doesn't bring it every night.

I don't respect big tough guys that resort to cheap stuff, like Lucic spearing privates.

It'll be on anywhere in reasonable driving distance of Buffalo. They're trying to drive youth hockey tournament traffic. I'd imagine Ontario is getting peppered, as well as Pittsburgh, Michigan, and New England.

It's not anything unusual in the real world. It's just nice to see someone in Buffalo actively marketing something the way it should be marketed. Most people have no idea this place exists and might ignore a January hockey tournament in Buffalo off-handedley. This is what marketing is for. Sadly most Buffalo entities don't do it well, or at all.

Agreed on the bolded. It's really a breath of fresh air.

As for the last sentence, most Buffalo businesses selling out-of-area aren't catering to retail customers so you don't see it. There are some that could do a better job, though, like Darien Lake or Seneca Niagara.

Here we go folks. Highly anticipated. Lets hope it lives up to the hype. Good luck to the American fans. May the best team win.

Always a fun one. Good luck US. If Canada is to beat us today, may it be on the stick of Samson

Surprised Canadian isn't going with Fucale.

This game is really chippy already.

Great save by Demko.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.