Star Wars - now with SPOILERS! (Read at your own risk)

Robviously

I liked Force Awakens a lot. The feel of it was right for the "main story" films.

I think these side films are going to have a slightly different feel. I'm really excited for that. Different composer scoring them too.

My wife really liked force Awakens. She has never allowed me to show her a single star wars movie, and she basically tagged along with my son and I so she would have something to do. She came out of the theater, pretty impressed with it.

My son, who was 11 at the time, liked it but he did mention that he thought it wasn't as good as the originals(thats my boy!)

I thought it was OK. It was fun, to be sure. I was not a fan of the temper tantrum throwing, Darth Emo. But I do understand that there is a ton of room for them to build off of it.

This one feels like it's gonna be cool.

I've watched The Force Awakens a few times recently (background while working out) and it's grown on me a bit.  However, I watched A New Hope today and I definitely still prefer the original trilogy (well, at least IV and V.)  Think I'll watch Empire next.

I am definitely looking forward to both Rogue One and Episode VIII.

• 3 months later...

No way Star Wars could've used Sabotage in a trailer. Star Trek 1 and 3 both used it in their trailer and it was a significant plot point in the third one. I'm not kidding, they use Beastie Boys to fight aliens.

i know. however I am a radical nerd thinker and my star wars can share things with my star trek. of course I may have to fear for my life during the nerd uprising now.

• 4 weeks later...

One of the better Star Wars movies in my opinion. Had a darker tone, much like Empire Strikes Back, and was relatively straight to the point.  Almost a complete opposite of Episodes 1, 2 an 6.  I'll give it a 9 out of 10. Worth watching a second time in the theatre. 

A friend says it is a stand alone that will not have a sequal. And that it falls between the 3rd and 4th in the movie sequence. Is that the proper take on this ? It all gets a wee bit confusing as I don't eat and breath this stuff. Nevertheless I'm exited to see it. Saw the last one Imax 3d and it was good.

A friend says it is a stand alone that will not have a sequal. And that it falls between the 3rd and 4th in the movie sequence. Is that the proper take on this ? It all gets a wee bit confusing as I don't eat and breath this stuff. Nevertheless I'm exited to see it. Saw the last one Imax 3d and it was good.

Yes, that is correct.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.