Star Wars - now with SPOILERS! (Read at your own risk)

Robviously

To everyone on this board, I think it's great different ideas and hopes are being discussed. Nobody knows what is actually going to go down, so to hear something you hadn't really thought of is rather interesting. There are plenty of "wow, didn't think of that." We all have our own experience w/ Star Wars, and this can lead to different thoughts and opinions. Keep firing away. It's fun to read. 

Robviously pointed something out I didn't catch until the 2nd time I saw The Force Awakens. Rey having a thought about "an island and an ocean" gives the idea she was w/ Luke and received training before being left on Jakku. Somehow the force and memories were driven deep in her mind to help keep her safe until the time was right. 

Robviously pointed something out I didn't catch until the 2nd time I saw The Force Awakens. Rey having a thought about "an island and an ocean" gives the idea she was w/ Luke and received training before being left on Jakku. Somehow the force and memories were driven deep in her mind to help keep her safe until the time was right. 

The island and ocean were not where they did the training though.  Luke went in search of the oldest Jedi temple (which struck me as an odd concept, but I went with it) after he abandoned the training of the young Jedi.  It appears that's where she finds Luke, but she's never been there previously (because Luke hadn't been there until after he abandoned the Jedi academy).

The island and ocean were not where they did the training though.  Luke went in search of the oldest Jedi temple (which struck me as an odd concept, but I went with it) after he abandoned the training of the young Jedi.  It appears that's where she finds Luke, but she's never been there previously (because Luke hadn't been there until after he abandoned the Jedi academy).

Correct. If Rey was at Luke's training then Kylo would remember where it was too as he was there.

It's not clear to me whether she's been there or not, but she definitely knows where Luke is -- even if she doesn't know she knows. Kylo sees it in her head too but doesn't know what he's seeing. (I think he thinks it's a symbol for how isolated and alone she is. That's how I interpreted that line when he said it during the scene.) That's easily one of the best scenes in the movie, both for the character interaction and the visions that are very important and also not interpreted correctly. (Note to George Lucas: there are no special effects in this scene!) Anyways, she's connected to Luke, hopefully because they've met and NOT because they're related.

Also, I sorta think all the visions she gets when she picks up the Skywalker lightsaber help her do some big things with the Force very quickly. Like it zapped a bunch of memories/messages into her head from Yoda, Obi-Wan, and Luke and that gave her the idea for Jedi mind tricks and stuff like that. That makes her fight with Kylo more plausible to me.

She may be aware of Luke only in the way that one force sensitive individual can pick up the existence of another.  The islands and sea image in her head may be the first time we've been given a description of how a force sensitive person becomes aware of another.  

And Obi-wan is still out there.  He may be sending these signals to give her clues.

I was unimpressed with Snoke. I was a big fan of the EU and felt if they strayed from it then Plagiues should be the big baddie. After all, it's assumed that Plagiues' created Anakin with midichlorian manipulation, right? How cool would it be that his ultimate plan was just now taking shape? It would also be a cool storyline if Snoke was one of Luke's earliest apprentices gone bad. That would explain why Snoke is so fearful of Luke. His face looks like it could have one hell of a light saber wound.No matter how I look at it I was very disappointed that he looked more like star wars' Gollum. Not very original.

Overall I thought the movie was good. I like Rey as Luke's daughter. After his attempts to revive the Jedi order fails he moves on from the resistance and takes a wife. In a bid to destroy Luke, Kylo kills her and their daughter is hidden. That vision that Rey had with Luke and R2 mourning. That's a funeral pyre they are at? Seems like the direction Disney is taking Star Wars keeps the story a family drama?

Rey seems too young to be Ben's twin but cousin makes sense. Is there any truth to the rumor that Kylo uses the line "Face me, cousin!" In the infinity game?

She may be aware of Luke only in the way that one force sensitive individual can pick up the existence of another.  The islands and sea image in her head may be the first time we've been given a description of how a force sensitive person becomes aware of another.  

And Obi-wan is still out there.  He may be sending these signals to give her clues.

Maybe, but we also see her left on Jakku as a kid and she insists on going back because "her family is coming back." My guess is that her "family" will either be Luke (ugh) or that Luke is the one who hid her there or something (maybe with Max Von Sydow keeping an eye on her for him?).

I was unimpressed with Snoke. I was a big fan of the EU and felt if they strayed from it then Plagiues should be the big baddie. After all, it's assumed that Plagiues' created Anakin with midichlorian manipulation, right? How cool would it be that his ultimate plan was just now taking shape? It would also be a cool storyline if Snoke was one of Luke's earliest apprentices gone bad. That would explain why Snoke is so fearful of Luke. His face looks like it could have one hell of a light saber wound.No matter how I look at it I was very disappointed that he looked more like star wars' Gollum. Not very original.

Overall I thought the movie was good. I like Rey as Luke's daughter. After his attempts to revive the Jedi order fails he moves on from the resistance and takes a wife. In a bid to destroy Luke, Kylo kills her and their daughter is hidden. That vision that Rey had with Luke and R2 mourning. That's a funeral pyre they are at? Seems like the direction Disney is taking Star Wars keeps the story a family drama?

Rey seems too young to be Ben's twin but cousin makes sense. Is there any truth to the rumor that Kylo uses the line "Face me, cousin!" In the infinity game?

I think the big theory on Snoke is that he's been around since the very beginning but never seen. He hates Luke... Probably because Luke is the one that struck him in the face.

Also, Snoke is probably Jar Jar. Just kidding. Kind of.

I think the big theory on Snoke is that he's been around since the very beginning but never seen. He hates Luke... Probably because Luke is the one that struck him in the face.

Also, Snoke is probably Jar Jar. Just kidding. Kind of.

I'd ignore/forget about the entire new trilogy if Jar Jar is Snoke. 

Here it is, it is believed he is saying Face Me, then curses.

I was unimpressed with Snoke. I was a big fan of the EU and felt if they strayed from it then Plagiues should be the big baddie. After all, it's assumed that Plagiues' created Anakin with midichlorian manipulation, right? How cool would it be that his ultimate plan was just now taking shape?

I was always under the impression that he was trying to create the perfect sith, and the midochlorian creation of Anakin was the force smacking him back, as Sidious said his master was always paranoid of.

Rey saw the past and the future. Did Luke find the Jedi Temple yet? That's a question yet to be answered. Where they are located at the end could be anywhere. Rey could have received Jedi training in the place we saw at the end of the movie. That may have not been the Jedi Temple. Just an idea. 

Edited by Thanes16

Rey saw the past and the future. Did Luke find the Jedi Temple yet? That's a question yet to be answered. Where they are located at the end could be anywhere. Rey could have received Jedi training in the place we saw at the end of the movie. That may have not been the Jedi Temple. Just an idea.

Again...

Correct. If Rey was at Luke's training then Kylo would remember where it was too as he was there.

She found Luke because they completed the map. That was the entire point of the movie.

Edited by Hoss

How can you argue Rey played no role in finding Luke? She had a glimpse of the place Luke was at. Rey has it for a reason.

Huh? I said they didn't find him because she was there before or knew where he was. I didn't say she had no part. She had a part in getting the piece of the map to the right people. The map is why they found Luke. It was what the entire premise of the movie was.

Huh? I said they didn't find him because she was there before or knew where he was. I didn't say she had no part. She had a part in getting the piece of the map to the right people. The map is why they found Luke. It was what the entire premise of the movie was.

The map was not needed. Ren felt Rey had everything the first order needed. He completely ditched the pursuit of any droid. Rey knew where Luke was. She was in no need of BB8 or R2D2. 

The map was not needed. Ren felt Rey had everything the first order needed. He completely ditched the pursuit of any droid. Rey knew where Luke was. She was in no need of BB8 or R2D2. 

Didn't they say at some point that the First Order already had the rest of the map (just like the resistance)?  So he only needed the piece that Rey was shown by BB8.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.