GDT: Buffalo @ St.Louis; 8:00 pm et, NBCSN

WildCard

That's a spear worthy of a 5 and a game............ but Ennis getting slammed into the boards without the puck in worthy of nothing? What a bunch of horseshit!

As long as we respond with the spear, I don't care. Hopefully next time it actually does some damage.

That's two times that they have said that. They must know something about the tank that we don't.

They know the Sabres have the best chance to get him

The only good thing to be said of this game - we're one game closer to the end of the Tank. Next year, a competitive, winning season, and the year after - perhaps our first run at the Cup?

What makes people think we'll be much better next season? Just because of McDavid? I can't even imagine the abuse he would see. Crosby had Mario in his rookie season.

As long as we respond with the spear, I don't care. Hopefully next time it actually does some damage.

The play against Ennis and the spear are completely different. Spearing has no place in the league. It's as despicable as boarding a guy who has had his back turned to the play for some time. The penalty for spearing is a match penalty.

What happened to Ennis isn't even a penalty if the puck doesn't go out of play. It would have been deemed a shot and a continuance of the hit he took to take the shot but because the puck goes out of play it seems far worse.

Oh, and to add to my other line on Ristolainen. I also laughed on the Sabres power play in the 3rd. Stafford gets tossed. Moulson wins it cleanly, shot on net. All Sabres stand around as Elliott has the puck in his glove and can't believe NO ONE is crashing the net. So he calmly lets it go to his defender who shoots it down the ice.

Outcoached, outworked, outplayed.

The only good thing to be said of this game - we're one game closer to the end of the Tank. Next year, a competitive, winning season, and the year after - perhaps our first run at the Cup?

Your kidding right or did u hit your head on something. Not trying to piss u off but I highly doubt they will be out of the bottom ten that quickly. Even with McDavid that's a lot to ask a young player and if they get Eichel instead who knows if he leaves college right away.

The play against Ennis and the spear are completely different. Spearing has no place in the league. It's as despicable as boarding a guy who has had his back turned to the play for some time. The penalty for spearing is a match penalty.

What happened to Ennis isn't even a penalty if the puck doesn't go out of play. It would have been deemed a shot and a continuance of the hit he took to take the shot but because the puck goes out of play it seems far worse.

I don't care if they are different. You hit my guy, I spear your guy. They took liberties with our players all game. Once that's out, the rest of the league knows your an easily intimidated bunch of sissies. The only way to combat that is with extreme violence. You hit my guy, I take out your stars knee. You slash our guy, face first into the glass. Hope you don't get up.

Your kidding right or did u hit your head on something. Not trying to piss u off but I highly doubt they will be out of the bottom ten that quickly. Even with McDavid that's a lot to ask a young player and if they get Eichel instead who knows if he leaves college right away.

Either will immediately upgrade our top 6. Grigo and Armia should also challenge for top 6 spots. Reinhart will be here as well. A trade, a fa and the talent will be better. The coaching however remains to be determined.

I don't care if they are different. You hit my guy, I spear your guy. They took liberties with our players all game. Once that's out, the rest of the league knows your an easily intimidated bunch of sissies. The only way to combat that is with extreme violence. You hit my guy, I take out your stars knee. You slash our guy, face first into the glass. Hope you don't get up.

I disagree. You hit us we hit you back. But a spear is a sissy punk move.

This team is way too soft. Ennis has more fight in him than most of the "tough" guys on this team. Everyone rips on Weber but he's one of the few guys who sticks up for his teammates with more than a token clutch and grab like Myers and Gaustad are good for.

If we're gonna field a team with little to no talent we need to pick up some more guys who will throw their bodies around and put up a fight against other players.

Loved the response from Zadarov and Ennis. The rest of the bunch can pound sand. I'm sick of guys like Myers and Foligno.

:angel: Drane, what's your take on Myers role in all that?

I had the game on dvr.....my neighbor just got back from Long Island and was grilling fresh scallops and lobster and called me over. If I die tonight....I'm fine with that.

Zadorov was impressive. Someone had a hold of the guy and he jumped over his own teammate to get punches in and take him.

I really like Myers as a person and truly feel he is at risk for his own health. I don't dislike him. He is what he is though. I would let Jason Pominville bang my sister, but I don't want him as a captain of my NHL team. I would watch Wedding Crashers and pass Doritos on the couch with Tyler Myers, but I don't want to pay him $6 million a year for the rest of his life to be a #3 defenseman on an average team.

You don't get over this level of bad quickly. Anyone who thinks we are competitive even with McDavid is kidding themselves. The tank is much longer than you realize.

Zadorov was impressive. Someone had a hold of the guy and he jumped over his own teammate to get punches in and take him.

I really like Myers as a person and truly feel he is at risk for his own health. I don't dislike him. He is what he is though. I would let Jason Pominville bang my sister, but I don't want him as a captain of my NHL team. I would watch Wedding Crashers and pass Doritos on the couch with Tyler Myers, but I don't want to pay him $6 million a year for the rest of his life to be a #3 defenseman on an average team.

:thumbsup:

I DVR'd the game and just watched it (was at the Preds - Oilers game tonight) and the pair of Risto and Zadorov was moving the puck faster than the other pairs. Those two were generating offensive chances with their passing much of the game. To me Risto looks better and better each game. Kid will be a good one. And, Zadorov had one rough play that resulted in a goal against, but overall was solid. I don't mind a young kid like Zadorov making aggressive mistakes... I do mind a total whiff by a 6-year veteran (Myers) that directly results in a goal against. Your supposed #1 defenseman needs to do better than that. Period.

I have the distinct feeling the Hanson brothers would've turned pussies instantly, had they been traded to this team.

There's just something fundementally wrong here, and it seems to affect everyone.

You don't get over this level of bad quickly. Anyone who thinks we are competitive even with McDavid is kidding themselves. The tank is much longer than you realize.

Oh i firmly believe we'll be icing a much better team next season, we certainly have the prospect pool for it. And adding Mcdavid or Eichel will just be another step of the many we took since 2012.

Edit: Myers is looking really bad lately, i think we all were, ffs myers on that 3rd goal.

Edited by Heimdall

Oh i firmly believe we'll be icing a much better team next season, we certainly have the prospect pool for it. And adding Mcdavid or Eichel will just be another step of the many we took since 2012.

Edit: Myers is looking really bad lately, i think we all were, ffs myers on that 3rd goal.

Been hearing this for years.

The D didn't look so bad, no help from the forwards. I loved the Z/Risto pairing. They looked comfortable early till the wheels fell off and Gorges disappeared with injury. Z needs to get a little more comfortable with his game and the speed of this game, but in my mind he didn't get himself out of position. When it all comes together and he knows when to run someone over he truly will be a nightmare to play against.

Weber is slow, Stachan not bad, I think Sabres could keep him. Still it is so obvious the Sabres don't have a single center who can skate and make plays. The offense is non-existent except for taking a couple outside shots and springing Girgs for a couple of nice breakouts.

Tank on. Sabres need two McDavids. P.S. McDavid hurt wrist in a fight last night. Not sure of his status.

I did the self preservation thing and turned the game off after the second period. There is only so much self-inflicted abuse I can stand on a daily basis. First period was good. Second period was a tire fire.

Yeh, I fell asleep after the hattrick too. Didn't see the third. Still like the D. The fact that Stafford is still on this team makes me sick though.

Been hearing this for years.

Right but I don't think the prospects on the way are Foligno, Kassian and McNabb. The scouts could be wrong and we may be awaiting another decade of suckitude. All of Grigorenko, Armia, Carrier, Compher, Fasching, McCabe, Pysyk, Baptiste, Bailey, and the 5 first and second round 2015 picks will result in at least 1/2 dozen good NHL players. That's the worst case scenario, we could have a dozen bona-fide good NHL players on the way. A few may wash out but help is on the way. We could also trade several of those assets for already established talent. I'm excited. That doesn't happen often.

Edited by inkman

Right but I don't think the prospects on the way are Foligno, Kassian and McNabb. The scouts could be wrong and we may be awaiting another decade of suckitude. All of Grigorenko, Armia, Carrier, Compher, Fasching, McCabe, Pysyk, Baptiste, Bailey, and the 5 first and second round 2015 picks will result in at least 1/2 dozen good NHL players. That's the worst case scenario, we could have a dozen bona-fide good NHL players on the way. A few may wash out but help is on the way. We could also trade several of those assets for already established talent. I'm excited. That doesn't happen often.

Amen dude. There's a lot of real talent coming up. Real talent.

I have no problem watching Kathryn Tappin, but a McDavid injury is bad news for Buffalo?

The national media has a hard on for McDavid. If McDavid is seriously injured (that is terrible) but as I have said before it isn't about getting McDavid it is about what our prospects we currently have do. Also I heard that Jack Eichel eats steel girders for breakfast and s#!ts nails, his blood is actually Kentucky Bourbon, and he once fought Chuck Norris... Chuck Norris is dead.

I couldn't give two shitz if it was "closer than 6-1" Really?! 10-1, 1-0, we funkin' suck.

###### the tank.

I can't argue with this sentiment at all.

Deslauriers won't have to be scratched next game. He just speared a hot new star in the NHL. That's gonna be two games.

I'd waive Hodgson at this point. He's a turd.

Love with 6 seconds left in the second period Ristolainen jumps into the play, goes deep into St. Louis zone. As the puck is coming back he's waving to the bench. The camera follows the puck but at the end of the period there's Ristolainen on the ice. Either no one felt like jumping on the ice or they weren't paying attention.

Outcoached, outclassed, outmanned, outplayed.

Good night.

The take away from that is how aware and smart Ristolainen is. That kid has a good future as a #2 defender in the NHL. He is getting better.

What makes people think we'll be much better next season? Just because of McDavid? I can't even imagine the abuse he would see. Crosby had Mario in his rookie season.

Amen dude. There's a lot of real talent coming up. Real talent.

All of these posts feed into something I have been saying now for a few weeks. It isn't about McDavid or Jack Eichel making us better. We won't just be adding one of them. We will also be taking looks at guys like Bailey and Baptiste. Reinhart, Girgorenko, Armia, and possibly some other forward prospect. You have Pysyk and McCabe who can come and play defense. You also have the rest of the 2014 draft class being a year closer and the additions from 2015.

In 2015 say we draft 2nd 14th and 18th. That's Jack Eichel, Jordan Greenway, Evgeni Svechnikov. I just made a top line with those picks alone. Also 2 of them will be NHL players according to the percentages and in this draft all 3 should be. We will be better next year but miss the playoffs. 2 years from now we will be better but just make the playoffs. Three years from now... well lets just say I wouldn't bet against us.

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.