GDT: Buffalo @ St.Louis; 8:00 pm et, NBCSN

WildCard

Yes, he did. That was before he became cemented as a member of the core though and before he made his "we've got guys for that comment" when he was interviewed about defending teammates after another incident regarding someone on our team getting cheapshotted (not sure if it was the Lucic-Miller incident or another one). He has defended a teammate since then but it's not exactly common.

I remember that comment too. I think it was after he did defend someone. Someone asked if it was going to happen more often, to which he replied with the "we've got guys" comment. I bet if you excavate the Stafford thread there'll be more detail; I remember a few posters going nuts over the comment.

I remember that comment too. I think it was after he did defend someone. Someone asked if it was going to happen more often, to which he replied with the "we've got guys" comment. I bet if you excavate the Stafford thread there'll be more detail; I remember a few posters going nuts over the comment.

Yep. Then he followed it up by calling the fans who took exception to his comments "mouse potatoes" or something to that effect.

Yep. Then he followed it up by calling the fans who took exception to his comments "mouse potatoes" or something to that effect.

I think the mouse potatoes comment was from even earlier than that. I feel like we've been using mouse potatoes since like 2008.

Yep. Mouse potatoes was long before that. The "we've got guys" was within the last couple years. Maybe last January when Staff took on Hartnell fro hitting Ennis?

http://www.buffalonews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20130121/SPORTS/130129875

See, now I know it pre-dates you.

Mouse Potato is like a couch potato, someone who isn't a professional athlete who has sports opinions on the internet.

We're all mouse potatoes.

Because we have a mouse in our hands all day....I get it! :wallbash:

And to be fair, from the top 6, he and Ennis have stepped up a bit there. Moulson, Gionta, Hodgson not so much.

Edited by bcardona

Though it pains me to say so, I do believe Drew Stafford was the guy who jumped on Neil after Neil hit Drury.

He fought in the first game last year I thought and that's when he made the comment. I think it was first game last year. Might have been the year before.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.