GDT: Buffalo @ St.Louis; 8:00 pm et, NBCSN

WildCard

This team is way too soft. Ennis has more fight in him than most of the "tough" guys on this team. Everyone rips on Weber but he's one of the few guys who sticks up for his teammates with more than a token clutch and grab like Myers and Gaustad are good for.

If we're gonna field a team with little to no talent we need to pick up some more guys who will throw their bodies around and put up a fight against other players.

Loved the response from Zadarov and Ennis. The rest of the bunch can pound sand. I'm sick of guys like Myers and Foligno.

Girgensons

Moulson

Myers

Were the others on ice. At first I was I was impressed Myers grabbed Jackman, known fighter, but I just realized it's the wrong Jackman (Barret vs Tim), doh.

Girgensons

Moulson

Myers

Were the others on ice. At first I was I was impressed Myers grabbed Jackman, known fighter, but I just realized it's the wrong Jackman (Barret vs Tim), doh.

Yeah there should have been a bigger response from those guys. Girgensons plays tough and I love his non-stop motor but he doesn't seem to be the type to drop the gloves in defense of a teammate. We've seen Myers fight but he doesn't seem to do it in defense of his team either. I sure wouldn't normally expect anything physical out of a guy like Moulson but if Ennis can do it then guys like Girgensons, Moulson, and Myers should offer more than a token response like they did.

Yeah there should have been a bigger response from those guys. Girgensons plays tough and I love his non-stop motor but he doesn't seem to be the type to drop the gloves in defense of a teammate. We've seen Myers fight but he doesn't seem to do it in defense of his team either. I sure wouldn't normally expect anything physical out of a guy like Moulson but if Ennis can do it then guys like Girgensons, Moulson, and Myers should offer more than a token response like they did.

Yup, token response is not acceptable given the past month of embarrassment. Moulson was softest of the 5 I thought. I want to see someone snap. And if it's Kaleta, blah, he hasn't been in the line-up. Moulson, Hodgson, Gionta, Stafford is who I'm looking at. Top 6, veterans, who are absolutely terrible right now. Show some effin pride. They are embarrassing the jersey.

The national media has a hard on for McDavid. If McDavid is seriously injured (that is terrible) but as I have said before it isn't about getting McDavid it is about what our prospects we currently have do. Also I heard that Jack Eichel eats steel girders for breakfast and s#!ts nails, his blood is actually Kentucky Bourbon, and he once fought Chuck Norris... Chuck Norris is dead.

I can't argue with this sentiment at all.

The take away from that is how aware and smart Ristolainen is. That kid has a good future as a #2 defender in the NHL. He is getting better.

All of these posts feed into something I have been saying now for a few weeks. It isn't about McDavid or Jack Eichel making us better. We won't just be adding one of them. We will also be taking looks at guys like Bailey and Baptiste. Reinhart, Girgorenko, Armia, and possibly some other forward prospect. You have Pysyk and McCabe who can come and play defense. You also have the rest of the 2014 draft class being a year closer and the additions from 2015.

In 2015 say we draft 2nd 14th and 18th. That's Jack Eichel, Jordan Greenway, Evgeni Svechnikov. I just made a top line with those picks alone. Also 2 of them will be NHL players according to the percentages and in this draft all 3 should be. We will be better next year but miss the playoffs. 2 years from now we will be better but just make the playoffs. Three years from now... well lets just say I wouldn't bet against us.

You are ignoring the learning curve each of these players face once they make it to Buffalo. You don't just load up a bunch of rooks and say "start winning." I'm also starting to have my doubts if Nolan and his bunch can coach at all at this level.

You are ignoring the learning curve each of these players face once they make it to Buffalo. You don't just load up a bunch of rooks and say "start winning." I'm also starting to have my doubts if Nolan and his bunch can coach at all at this level.

trust me, I ignore very little. Critical mass won't happen for 4 more years. Prior to that though this team will get better.

Yup, token response is not acceptable given the past month of embarrassment. Moulson was softest of the 5 I thought. I want to see someone snap. And if it's Kaleta, blah, he hasn't been in the line-up. Moulson, Hodgson, Gionta, Stafford is who I'm looking at. Top 6, veterans, who are absolutely terrible right now. Show some effin pride. They are embarrassing the jersey.

Zadorov kinda snapped. He had his gloves off when he reached the pile and was swinging away. 6'5" 240lbs of Russian anger. I heard the NBC guys be like "I am not sure Zadorov wants to get involved with Cole". I just thought, oh yes he does.

Definitely. Right now we have some sandpaper on the 4th line, we have Zadarov, Weber, and Stewart and that's it. Foligno hasn't shown much in the toughness or skill department and we have to pin our hopes to a guy like Lemieux for any hope of true grit in the top 6.

I imagine a guy like Eichel would fit the bill as well. From what I've read about him he seems like the type of player who wouldn't get pushed around or let his teammates get pushed around either but hopefully we'll get a chance to find out because even if we finish last I don't see us winning the lottery.

Your underestimating the amount of talent.

Am I? I hear we have talent. Never seen any actual evidence. Besides talent is just part of the equation. Drive, desire and heart molded by solid coaching is also important. To the latter all I hear is a lot of talk but no visible effect from it. Is that the plan? GMTM builds the NHL equivalent of "Major League" except this lovable bunch of scamps just keep sucking and the coach can't really coach?

Right but I don't think the prospects on the way are Foligno, Kassian and McNabb. The scouts could be wrong and we may be awaiting another decade of suckitude. All of Grigorenko, Armia, Carrier, Compher, Fasching, McCabe, Pysyk, Baptiste, Bailey, and the 5 first and second round 2015 picks will result in at least 1/2 dozen good NHL players. That's the worst case scenario, we could have a dozen bona-fide good NHL players on the way. A few may wash out but help is on the way. We could also trade several of those assets for already established talent. I'm excited. That doesn't happen often.

Especially with the Canadian Dollar being weaker and salary cap expected to remain stagnant next year. Look at the Blackhawks, they have 15 players under contract for 2015-16 and they have 3.2 Million in cap space and Brandon Saad is a RFA.

Looking at cap geek, the only player with a larger salary that does not have a NTC is Marian Hossa, who has an annual salary 5.2 Million until 2021, which will make him difficult to move.

Murray should be in position to to make some Leddy and Boychuk Moves this offseason

Edited by BRAWNDO

Am I? I hear we have talent. Never seen any actual evidence. Besides talent is just part of the equation. Drive, desire and heart molded by solid coaching is also important. To the latter all I hear is a lot of talk but no visible effect from it. Is that the plan? GMTM builds the NHL equivalent of "Major League" except this lovable bunch of scamps just keep sucking and the coach can't really coach?

I wouldn't concern yourself with 'drive/desire' either.

I don't know what's worse, hearing about lack of effort after a loss or hearing about how great of a response we had after a questionable hit. Sorry, but I just can't get excited about what was a less that a routine response from most teams.

So, you're supposed to push back when pushed? Gottit.

Boy, we really are starting from square one.

I don't know what's worse, hearing about lack of effort after a loss or hearing about how great of a response we had after a questionable hit. Sorry, but I just can't get excited about what was a less that a routine response from most teams.

I consider us an expansion team formed in 2012. It is a long road still to travel.

It's amazing what can happen when a GM assembles a team that so purely lacks fundamentals and then allows the culture to become entrenched.

Darcy and Lindy just let this all happen. I don't know how you get the cancer out unless you remove every last piece.

It's amazing what can happen when a GM assembles a team that so purely lacks fundamentals and then allows the culture to become entrenched.

Darcy and Lindy just let this all happen. I don't know how you get the cancer out unless you remove every last piece.

Not Lindy.

This is where I'm at. Let's get rid of Stafford, hodgson, Myers and anyone else who doesn't get agitated when they see a teammate getting dissed. Hook up a heart monitor to these guys and show them videos of their teammates getting hit, punched or rag dolled. Anyone who isn't in the red, gone.

Not Lindy.

This again? Lindy had no say in personnel matters or the "culture" of his team? Chris Neil knew that there would be no real consequences to taking a run at the Sabres' leader and best player. The brawl was a pretty mild and inconsequential response. The Sabres were then, are now, and seemingly always have been shrinking violets. Lindy was all bluster — and, by the way, went on to say a few years later that hitting means nothing unless it results in your team gaining possession of the puck. He tackled Billy Smith. Big deal.

La-de-fricken-da. So that one time the Sabres weren't b*tches. Got it.

Lindy had a hand in this. You can't say he didn't go all "turn the other cheek" with those wimps.

The proper response: taking off Alfredsson's blond scalp. Or sawing off those evil hands with a skate blade.

The proper response: taking off Alfredsson's blond scalp. Or sawing off those evil hands with a skate blade.

I'm still mad about the Lucic hit. If there was ever a time to "go out n run em" that was it. And they didn't. Because Lindy said no or something. Some new age BS about how taking your pound of flesh is wrong blah blah blah.

No; he was pissed when his teams didn't react.

Prove it.

I'm past starting...he needs to go soon

I'm still mad about the Lucic hit. If there was ever a time to "go out n run em" that was it. And they didn't. Because Lindy said no or something. Some new age BS about how taking your pound of flesh is wrong blah blah blah.

Prove it.

"Sabres coach Lindy Ruff was angry about his team's tepid response to goaltender Ryan Miller being run by Boston's Milan Lucic, but real fireworks may be in store if the NHL doesn't clamp down."

http://www.si.com/nhl/home-ice/2011/11/14/lucic-disciplinary-decison-may-prove-pivotal

"Sabres coach Lindy Ruff was angry about his team's tepid response to goaltender Ryan Miller being run by Boston's Milan Lucic, but real fireworks may be in store if the NHL doesn't clamp down."

http://www.si.com/nh...y-prove-pivotal

Wait. Lindy was the coach. He was in charge of the response. So he was angry about his own tepid response?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.