2015-16 roster

Hoss

I agree.

There is no way to predict what the next couple years' roster will look like. I cannot fathom 5 or 6 rooks and 2nd year players on the squad at one time. Several kids that we all are drooling over are going to get moved, or we end up like Edmonton.

Yep. We should be thinking:

What will Grigorenko Hodgson and the Blues first get us?

How about Zadorov, Foligno and Ennis?

You know that's what Murray is looking at.

The key is keeping the right kids and acquiring the right players to help those kids over the top.

Murray's got lots to work with, but he has a helluva big job ahead of him.

The key is keeping the right kids and acquiring the right players to help those kids over the top.

I *don't* know that is what Murray is looking at. I hope it is though.

Not with a $4.6 mil cap hit for this season and the next four. His inability to finish consistently is glaring. Any thoughts that he may be a "top 6" have to be considered wishful thinking at this point. Ennis is a third/fourth line winger, maybe a second unit power play winger.

When this franchise turns the corner I just don't see a place for an inconsistent 5' 9" third line winger. He's 25 and in his 5th NHL season, I certainly expect more from Ennis than what he is producing at this point.

Ennis doesn't have the best hockey IQ, but his quickness/hands are top notch. If we can play him as a second line winger and actually build a line/team around him, that'd be fine. He's a complimentary piece on a team full of complimentary pieces, doesn't mean he's garbage. He's certainly not a 3rd liner.

Well, if Murray was being straight when he said he's not planning a five -year rebuild, then it pretty much has to be.

He doesn't have enough of a record for me to assume he's 1. being straight, and 2. capable of pulling it off.

Cautious not-quite optimism.

Does Neuvirth even want to resign here because he maybe suffering from PTSD?

If you've been battling for a starting job for years and you finally win it somewhere, you might be reluctant to shake the Etch-a-Sketch and start over somewhere else.

If the Neuvirth we've been seeing is the real Neuvirth, we'll be ready to pay him. That should help too.

I agree

What will be really interesting is how they are going to accommodate Grigorenko and Reinhart assuming we get a McEichel.

That's the main reason why I think either Ennis or Hodgson — or maybe both — will be gone.

I can't see there being much room for either. If not next year certainly the year after.

Matty - Cojack - Samson

Zemgus - Mikhail - Joel <--- this will be epic line :P

Nick (our FA summer signing) - Johan - Brian

Marcus - Tim - Cody

Nicolas - Patrick

Tyler - Josh

Rasmus - Nikita

Mark - Jake

Michal - Andrej almost forgot the goalies.

Edited by Heimdall

Does Neuvirth even want to resign here because he maybe suffering from PTSD?

Post Traumatic Shot/Save Disorder?

I can't see there being much room for either. If not next year certainly the year after.

Matty - Cojack - Samson

Marcus - Tim - Cody

Nicolas - Patrick

Tyler - Josh

Rasmus - Nikita

Mark - Jake

Samson Reinhart won't be a winger unless something goes terribly wrong.

Matty - Cojack - Samson

Marcus - Tim - Cody

Nicolas - Patrick

Tyler - Josh

Rasmus - Nikita

Mark - Jake

I got everyone except for Nick and Tim. Foligno and Schaller?

Any team we're making that kind of a trade with is one just starting a rebuild; one with a very weak prospect line and older players looking to be where the Sabers were 2 seasons ago. The Capitals will never undergoe a full rebuild mode so long as Ovie is there and in his prime, and most of the other basement teams with us will have solid prospect pools after this seasons over.

So who does that leave us? Teams like New Jersey, San Jose, Vancouver, Arizona, and Carolina.

I'm not really sure what vets these teams would be willing to unload to start fresh. Marleau? Staal? Thornton?

Moulson-McDavid-Gionta

Grigorenko-Ennis-Armia

Girgensons-Reinhart-Foligno

Kaleta-McCormick-Deslauriers

Hodgson (who would take his contract?)

Myers-Gorges

Ristolainen-Pysyk

Zadorov-McCabe

Weber

Please get Gionta out of the top 6. He barely looks like a NHL player at this pointed alone a top 6 player.

As far as Hodgson goes, a $4 million cap hit is almost a pittance for a guy who will produce if paired with decent players. Good players are at $6+ mill, great players $8+ mill.

Edited by inkman

I got everyone except for Nick and Tim. Foligno and Schaller?

Yeah

Grigorenko-McDavid(Lets just hope)-Armia

Moulson-Gionta-Foligno

Girgensons-Reinhart-Bailey

Lemieux-Larsson-Deslauriers

Kaleta

Ristolainen-Gorges always 1 offensive with 1 defensive DMen

Myers-Pysyk

Zadorov-McCabe

Grigs is our most natural center we have, would never put him on the wing, probably our go to faceoff guy to.

Interesting that Buttons is projecting Reinhart on RW with McDavid at WJC's. Would think he would be at least 2C. http://www.tsn.ca/bu...vember-1.124839

He will be. You don't have that much offensive talent on the wings and move probably canada's second best center to wing. It doesn't make sense. I just hope Baptiste or Bailey make the team and play with him

Edited by LGR4GM

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.