XX Reinhart xx

Moulson Girgensons Ennis

Foligno Grigorenko Armia / Baptiste / Bailey

Lemieux Compher Fasching

Defence

Risto Zadorov

Myers Gorges

Pysyk McCabe

* Hodgson and Gionta still under contract for this season.

1) If Hanifin is drafted - He slots in for Myers who would then be traded for #1 line winger

2) If Strome, Crouse or Zacha get drafted - They move into the #1 LW spot beside Reinhart. Armia / Baptiste / Bailey battle out for #1 and #3 line wingers

4) If Marner is drafted - he slots into the #1 line RW. #1 LW must be found through trade or FA.

The line-up is extremely deep and talanted but will lack experience.

Edited by Crusader1969

My 2016 / 17 Buffalo Sabres

LW Centre RW

XX Reinhart xx

Moulson Girgensons Ennis

Lemieux Compher Fasching

Defence

Risto Zadorov

Myers Gorges

Pysyk McCabe

1) If Hanifin is drafted - He slots in for Myers who would then be traded for #1 line winger

2) If Strome, Crouse or Zacha get drafted - They move into the #1 LW spot beside Reinhart. Armia / Baptiste / Bailey battle out for #1 and #3 line wingers

4) If Marner is drafted - he slots into the #1 line RW. #1 LW must be found through trade or FA.

I'd put Moulson at LW with Reinhart because I'm confident he'll shoot it when Reinhart gets him the puck. Not sure who their RW would be.

I'd keep Ennis with Girgensons and put Armia as their RW (if he can ever stay healthy). He seems like a nice compliment for them, especially Girgensons.

I'd like to keep Deslauriers on the 3rd/Checking line. The other two guys can be any combination of Compher, Fasching, Baptiste, Bailey, Grigorenko, Lemiuex (assume a couple of these guys completely fall off the map and maybe 1 elevates his game to top 6?).

If the hockey gods could do us a favor and get us another stud top 6 prospect at center (don't even need McEichel -- I'd be thrilled with Strome or even Larkin via trade), our top 3 centers would be Reinhart, ?????, and Girgensons, and we'd probably be set for the next 10 years. That'd be nice.

Not to mention being about $20 million under the salary floor.

Looked at that too:

Girgensons and Risto are both RFAs due a big raise in 2016.

Foligno is also a 2016 RFA

Grigerenko, Psysyk are RFAs at end of this season.

Will have to spend some money on a goalie and probably get a top line winger out of FA or trade for one.

My 2016 / 17 Buffalo Sabres

LW Centre RW

XX Reinhart xx

Moulson Girgensons Ennis

Lemieux Compher Fasching

Defence

Risto Zadorov

Myers Gorges

Pysyk McCabe

Not all of those prospects will work out/still be here. Fasching also isn't a 4th line prospect. I would be disappointed if that's all he became. You can move everybody up one.

Not all of those prospects will work out/still be here. Fasching also isn't a 4th line prospect. I would be disappointed if that's all he became. You can move everybody up one.

This is why I am extremely optimistic about the Sabres - on most teams he is a 3rd line winger. In Buffalo, He could very well be 4th on the depth chart by the time all the Sabres develope. As goal scorers I think he would rank below each of Armia, Bailey and Baptiste and there is no way any of them are 4th liners (none are physical players). So if 2 of the 3 develop into NHLers and Ennis is on the team - Fasching could be part of one of the better 4th lines in the NHL.

• 4 weeks later...

So, when we win the lottery and get McDavid, what do people think about moving him to left wing for his rookie year and playing him with Reinhart and Gionta on a shielded second-line role?

Completely different scenario:

What are you thoughts about next year looking at an unconventional 3rd/4th line featuring Armia and Grigorenko with either Deslauriers or Foligno, playing them against the other team's lower lines and giving them regular minutes on the PP?

I'm really struggling to come up with workable rosters that fit all our youngsters.

I do think we will need to move Girgs off the first line and find him some wingers that we can utilize in a traditional shutdown role.

So, when we win the lottery and get McDavid, what do people think about moving him to left wing for his rookie year and playing him with Reinhart and Gionta on a shielded second-line role?

What are you thoughts about next year looking at an unconventional 3rd/4th line featuring Armia and Grigorenko with either Deslauriers or Foligno, playing them against the other team's lower lines and giving them regular minutes on the PP?

I'm really struggling to come up with workable rosters that fit all our youngsters.

I do think we will need to move Girgs off the first line and find him some wingers that we can utilize in a traditional shutdown role.

I think McDavid should center Tyler Ennis and Justin Williams next season.

This is why I am extremely optimistic about the Sabres - on most teams he is a 3rd line winger. In Buffalo, He could very well be 4th on the depth chart by the time all the Sabres develope. As goal scorers I think he would rank below each of Armia, Bailey and Baptiste and there is no way any of them are 4th liners (none are physical players). So if 2 of the 3 develop into NHLers and Ennis is on the team - Fasching could be part of one of the better 4th lines in the NHL.

2 of 3 working out is still (I believe) above the averages based on their draft position. I'd bet on 1 of 3, but I won't go as far as picking which.

Fitting them in? Just assume only 1/3 or 1/2 become real players, and that should make it easier. :)

Something like this:

Moulson O'Reilly Ennis

McDavid Reinhart Gionta

Foligno Girgensons Hecht-type vet

Deslauriers Girgorenko Armia

Flynn McCormick

Obviously playing fantasy hockey here, but it's Murray's job to make something that might work.

Fitting them in? Just assume only 1/3 or 1/2 become real players, and that should make it easier. :)

Grigorenko virtually has to be in the NHL because of waivers. mcDavid will be because McDavid. REinhart and Armia can be hidden in Rochester, but I think Murray expects Reinhart to be there and Armia looks like he's ready to make the jump, if not right away, at least by season's end.

Edited by dudacek

There is absolutely no reason or need to shield McDavid. He's an incredible talent. You let him play his game at center. Please don't ###### around with him, too.

Yes but I'm putting Deslauries on his wing. Nobody ###### with the franchise. I'm also signing 2 more guys to fill that role in case of injury or suspension.

Edited by inkman

There is absolutely no reason or need to shield McDavid. He's an incredible talent. You let him play his game at center. Please don't ###### around with him, too.

So you slide him to the number one slot and build the rest of the roster around that?

Do you go with Mcdavid, Girgs, Grigs and Samson as our four centres?

if not, who do you move to the wing?

I'd say McDavid's skill set works better on the wing than Grigs or Samson and the other two are probably better defensively. Zemgus can play wing, but then we are left with a soft group of rookies in the middle.

I'm basically thinking of Connor in the WJC Domi role.

Pretty sure Stamkos and Crosby have each seen some time on the wing.

Didn't hurt them much.

Edited by dudacek

If we draft McDavid I would put him on a line with someone who eats puppies for fun and craps .50 cal rounds. So Nick Deslauriers I think could thrive with McDavid, and protect him from Lucic who will eagerly try to ruin our shiny new toy if Marchand doesn't beat him to it.

So you slide him to the number one slot and build the rest of the roster around that?

Do you go with Mcdavid, Girgs, Grigs and Samson as our four centres?

if not, who do you move to the wing?

I'd say McDavid's skill set works better on the wing than Grigs or Samson and the other two or probably better defensively. Zemgus can play wing, but then we are left with a soft group of rookies in the middle.

I'm basically thinking of Connor in the WJC Domi role.

Pretty sure Stamkos and Crosby have each seen some time on the wing.

Didn't hurt them much.

I put Samson at C1 and McDavid at C2 with Grigorenko and Zemgus, 1 on each wing. I am more likely to put Zemgus with McDavid and Grigorenko with Reinhart because I think those styles will mesh together.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.