2015-16 roster

Hoss

You'll notice I didn't respond to TW's post. His was a valid reason why Kovy won't be on the 15-16 roster. This BS about heart is as big  load of crap as the "locker room cancer" argument. If Darcy would have "mortgaged the future" for some of these guys, at the very least, we would be exactly where we are now - the most historically bad team in NHL history, only we have at least been witness to some actual goals being scored by our team in the process.

Got it...thought you were looking forward and not back.

No one better start a thread regarding whether the Sabres should sign Kovy in 2019.

Hey DeLuca...

I realize heart is an intangible therefore statically tough to gauge.

I see it as fighting to win battles for the puck instead of standing outside the blue line waiting for it to "miraculously" come out.

I don't want Kovalchuk, especially past his prime, unless he comes priced as a 25-30 goal scorer. His last 40 goal campaign was 08-09.

I was harsh to compare him to Yashin, but he never showed me anything in the leadership/win at all cost department.

We had a 40 goal man in Vanek, where is he?

Got it...thought you were looking forward and not back.

I was kinda looking at both. Nothing enrages me more about this whole tank thing than this very concept. The irony (hypocrisy, lunacy,...) of the guy who wouldn't "mortgage the future" for proven talent is also the same guy that gave birth to sacrificing the present for potential talent makes me also want to punch everyone. Neither guarantees a winner but only one guarantees losing.

the tank. I'm all in now because at this point, it's our only hope, but the tank. This season can't end soon enough and I can't believe I would ever say that about hockey.

I was kinda looking at both. Nothing enrages me more about this whole tank thing than this very concept. The irony (hypocrisy, lunacy,...) of the guy who wouldn't "mortgage the future" for proven talent is also the same guy that gave birth to sacrificing the present for potential talent makes me also want to punch everyone. Neither guarantees a winner but only one guarantees losing.

###### the tank. I'm all in now because at this point, it's our only hope, but ###### the tank. This season can't end soon enough and I can't believe I would ever say that about hockey.

Every couple of days I feel the I hate Darcy Rage.

I'm feeling it, Mr. Krabs.

Edited by qwksndmonster

###### the tank. I'm all in now because at this point, it's our only hope, but ###### the tank. This season can't end soon enough and I can't believe I would ever say that about hockey.

Amen.

I love that last part. That just about sums it up perfectly. At this point, after everything we've put up with, we may as well land either McDavid or Eichel.

I would love for an anti-tanker give us the Game Plan that the Sabres should have implimented when they decided that the "Core"  wasn't good enough? Its easy to say "##### the tank" and be self-righteous but give us a game plan.

I love that last part. That just about sums it up perfectly. At this point, after everything we've put up with, we may as well land either McDavid or Eichel.

I look at it this way  Eichel or McDavid is greater than Vanek, Pommer, Miller, Gaustad, Roy all combined.

at the end of the day Darcy was at the helm when he set the Sabres ship on a new course to sell off the core and he is the one that sold it to TPegs. Darcy's imprint will be felt for the next decade once the old core is completely replaced by a new core of guys like Risto, Girgensons, Rienhart, Eichel.

Darcy also sank years and millions of dollars into Vanek, Roy, Pominville in an effort to win a Stanely Cup which ultimately lead to the necessity for the current course that the Sabres follow. 

Darcy also sank years and millions of dollars into Vanek, Roy, Pominville in an effort to win a Stanely Cup which ultimately lead to the necessity for the current course that the Sabres follow. 

I'll give you that but his timing has been perfect in that it happened to coincide witht he 2015 draft. what year did the Lucic Miller thing happen?

I'll give you that but his timing has been perfect in that it happened to coincide witht he 2015 draft. what year did the Lucic Miller thing happen?

2011.  Just to clarify you are suggesting that Darcy timed the Sabres sucking to line up with the 2015 draft even though by doing so he got himself fired? 

I think he had an eye on 2015 when he decided "suffering" was the best way to go. McDavid was well known when he decided to rip it apart. He didn't count on getting fired though - he was implementing the plan perfectly.

On purpose of just dumb luck - still leads to perfect timing for the organization.

Darcy's plan was to suck for 4 years and you're okay with that?  OK

Im ok with sucking for 4 years - no problem at all. Sabres have been sucked into the middle of the standings for the most part of 40+ years. Im tired of it and this is how you build a Champion.

Besides saying are you ok with Tanking for 4 years - give me a couple of things they should have done different?

Would anyone disagree that you wouldn't trade old core for Eichel straight up? For McDavid you may have even traded the entire 2011-12 roster.

Im ok with sucking for 4 years - no problem at all. Sabres have been sucked into the middle of the standings for the most part of 40+ years. Im tired of it and this is how you build a Champion.

Besides saying are you ok with Tanking for 4 years - give me a couple of things they should have done different?

Would anyone disagree that you wouldn't trade old core for Eichel straight up? For McDavid you may have even traded the entire 2011-12 roster.

GMs build teams without sucking for 3+ years all the time.  Often, even.  If Darcy was really serious about tanking, we would've picked MacKinnon.

People were giving suggestions the entire time. Don't get rid of Dumont, Trade Stafford after his 30 goal season. Don't draft the same type of player year after year and think you'll get a different outcome. Don't think that that "Old Core" was a core at all. Trade  picks and prospects that you are in love with, for locker room cancers and "me" guys that now have SC ring(s), or at least pretend to try to do that.

Again, this isn't on GMTM. His course was set. I just hope when it comes time, that he has the balls to move a player that we all love for a player he knows will be better for the team.

Edited by SwampD

GMs build teams without sucking for 3+ years all the time.  Often, even.  If Darcy was really serious about tanking, we would've picked MacKinnon.

Tell me about all these teams that won the cup who didn't suck for 3+ years? 

People were giving suggestions the entire time. Don't get rid of Dumont, Trade Stafford after his 30 goal season. Don't draft the same type of player year after year and think you'll get a different outcome. Don't think that that "Old Core" was a core at all. Trade  picks and prospects that you are in love with, for locker room cancers and "me" guys that now have SC ring(s), or at least pretend to try to do that.

Again, this isn't on GMTM. His course was set. I just hope when it comes time, that he has the balls to move a player that we all love for a player he knows will be better for the team.

You've come up with don't get rid of Dumont? something that happend 10 years ago??? and trade a 25 year old power forward who just scored 30 goals? none of these things would get you the elite talent you need to be a contender for the cup. You're happy with a Play-off contender and I am not. I want a Cup contender.

Edited by Crusader1969

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.