2015-16 roster

Hoss

Alright, so many threads shift to this discussion. So we might as well start this up now.

Who do you think should be on the roster? Shouldn't? Will? Won't be?

Should be interesting to see this evolve as the season goes on. Some projected lineups will be fun once some moves happen later in the year.

Ennis - Grigorenko - Armia

Moulson - Reinhart - (2015 Draftee)

Hodgson - Girgensons - Gionta

Foligno - Larsson - Deslauriers

Gorges - Myers

Zadorov - Ristolainen

McCabe - Pysyk

Extra Forwards - Schaller, McCormick

7th D = Mike Weber

Gone

Flynn (RFA)

Mitchell (UFA)

Benoit (UFA)

Meszaros (UFA)

Stafford (UFA)

Stewart (UFA)

Kaleta (UFA)

Edited by Numark

Ideal lineup, at least to start the season. Players with a (1) before them indicate staying based on performance.

Moulson - Ennis - Girgensons

Hodgson - 2015 1st - Gionta

(1)Grigorenko - (1) Samson - (1) Armia

(1) Carrier - Larsson - Foligno

Myers - Georges

Risto - Zadorov

Pysyk - McCabe

Neuvirth

Makarov/Hackett

Edited by WildCard

Not accounting for trades or free agents here's my guess:

Moulson Eichel Hodgson

Ennis Grigorenko Armia

Foligno Girgensons Gionta

Deslauriers McCormick Kaleta

Extra: Larsson

Gorges Myers

Zadarov Ristolainen

Weber Psysk

Extra: McCabe

Neuvirth

Makarov

Reinhart goes to the AHL to develop for next season.

Thoughts constantly evolving, probably will expect about 20 different lineups by the time October actually gets here. If Zadorov plays on the big club the D could be extremely young w/out a puck moving vet brought in via trade or free agency. I'll put McCabe there w/ Pysyk, but can't really see a way that 4 of the 6 are in their 2nd year or less. I expect a vet to be brought in, but no feel for whether he'd arrive via trade or FA.

If Stewart goes, they almost have to bring in a FA RW. So for this, assuming he's back / another FA.

Because next year will be another down year, though close to playoffs, I could see them going w/ Neuvirth as the starter, but more expect him to be backing up someone brought in during the off-season.

Moulson - McEichel - Stewart/FA

Deslauriers - Larsson- McCormick

Gorges - Myers

Zadorov/FA - Ristolainen

McCabe - Pysyk

???

Neuvirth

Spares:Weber, Flynn, Foligno (realistically Weber will probably be the only spare of the 3. Carrier could be in the mix bumping someone else to spare duty.)

Looking at this there have to be a couple of trades in the works as well.

Also, kind of ironic that Hodgson wanted out of Van-city because hevdidn't want to be a 3rd line C. W/ this lineip, he gets his wish. He's not 3rd line C, he's 3rd line wing.

My quick thoughts (if we get a top 2 pick):

Moulson-2015 draftee-(trade)

Girgensons-Reinhart-Armia

Ennis-Grigorenko-Gionta

Foligno-Larsson-Deslauriers

Myers-Gorges

Risto-Zadorov

Pysyk-McCabe

Neuvirth-(FA/trade vet)

I'm hoping Gionta and Ennis are gone in lieu of better players. Actual top 6 forwards.

I'm hoping Gionta and Ennis are gone in lieu of better players. Actual top 6 forwards.

Ennis can have a long-term place on this team (at wing). He can also be a piece of a big trade. Either way I think he'll have a positive impact on this team going forward.

Edited by Tankalicious

Not accounting for trades or free agents here's my guess:

Moulson Eichel Hodgson

Ennis Grigorenko Armia

Foligno Girgensons Gionta

Deslauriers McCormick Kaleta

Extra: Larsson

Gorges Myers

Zadarov Ristolainen

Weber Psysk

Extra: McCabe

Neuvirth

Makarov

Reinhart goes to the AHL to develop for next season.

I like the idea of Reinhart going to the AHL for half, if not all, of next season. I don't see how it would hurt him in the long run, and would only help him.

Also, kind of ironic that Hodgson wanted out of Van-city because hevdidn't want to be a 3rd line C. W/ this lineip, he gets his wish. He's not 3rd line C, he's 3rd line wing.

He's not on my team at all if I have a say so in the matter. As bad as it is here, he is not worthy of ######. Get him outta here.

Ennis can have a long-term place on this team (at wing). He can also be a piece of a big trade. Either way I think he'll have a positive impact on this team going forward.

Not with a $4.6 mil cap hit for this season and the next four. His inability to finish consistently is glaring. Any thoughts that he may be a "top 6" have to be considered wishful thinking at this point. Ennis is a third/fourth line winger, maybe a second unit power play winger.

When this franchise turns the corner I just don't see a place for an inconsistent 5' 9" third line winger. He's 25 and in his 5th NHL season, I certainly expect more from Ennis than what he is producing at this point.

Moulson - Reinhart - (2015 Draftee)

Foligno - Larsson - Deslauriers

Gorges - Myers

Zadorov - Ristolainen

McCabe - Pysyk

Extra Forwards - Schaller, McCormick

7th D = Mike Weber

Gone

Flynn (RFA)

Mitchell (UFA)

Benoit (UFA)

Meszaros (UFA)

Stafford (UFA)

Stewart (UFA)

Kaleta (UFA)

Have you figured out the cap level of this line-up? just wondering if you would hit the floor? Plus im going to say that Myers gets traded this year for a winger who will play for the Sabres next year.

Edited by Crusader1969

If Reinhart isn't on the team next season then it'd be extremely disappointing...

I agree

What will be really interesting is how they are going to accommodate Grigorenko and Reinhart assuming we get a McEichel.

That's the main reason why I think either Ennis or Hodgson — or maybe both — will be gone.

I agree

What will be really interesting is how they are going to accommodate Grigorenko and Reinhart assuming we get a McEichel.

That's the main reason why I think either Ennis or Hodgson — or maybe both — will be gone.

At some point in the coming years, some of the NHL ready prospects are going to have to be traded for NHL experienced players. If not, take a good look at Edmonton for the last several years, and how they continue to tread water.

At some point in the coming years, some of the NHL ready prospects are going to have to be traded for NHL experienced players. If not, take a good look at Edmonton for the last several years, and how they continue to tread water.

I agree.

There is no way to predict what the next couple years' roster will look like. I cannot fathom 5 or 6 rooks and 2nd year players on the squad at one time. Several kids that we all are drooling over are going to get moved, or we end up like Edmonton.

Edited by weave

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.