2015-16 roster

Hoss

So you slide him to the number one slot and build the rest of the roster around that?

Do you go with Mcdavid, Girgs, Grigs and Samson as our four centres?

if not, who do you move to the wing?

I'd say McDavid's skill set works better on the wing than Grigs or Samson and the other two are probably better defensively. Zemgus can play wing, but then we are left with a soft group of rookies in the middle.

I'm basically thinking of Connor in the WJC Domi role.

Pretty sure Stamkos and Crosby have each seen some time on the wing.

Didn't hurt them much.

Grigorenko or Girgensons to the wing. Preferably Grigorenko... Or we trade somebody for a winger.

Moulson-Reinhart-Mitchell

Ennis-McDavid-Hodgson

Girgensons-Grigorenko-Gionta

Deslauriers-McCormick-Flynn/Foligno

That second line is tiny, but I'm trying to mix in some vets/rooks on each line. For example, there's no way we run out a line of McDavid-Reinhart-Armia; it's just not happening. Of course, we're probably not running 3 rooks down the middle either; maybe flip-flop Girgensons and Grigorenko. In any event, the right side of that roster is...not attractive.

Ennis-McDavid-Hodgson

That second line is tiny, but I'm trying to mix in some vets/rooks on each line. For example, there's no way we run out a line of McDavid-Reinhart-Armia; it's just not happening. Of course, we're probably not running 3 rooks down the middle either; maybe flip-flop Girgensons and Grigorenko. In any event, the right side of that roster is...not attractive.

I really need Mitchell and Flynn off this team. Replace them with goons. McEichel And Reino need them.

Ennis-McDavid-Hodgson

Agreed on the right wings being ugly, but replacing Mitchell with a legitimate top 6 RW would make this team look a lot more competitive. Think of a Moulson type RW who can score 20-30 goals (not named Drew Stafford). Still very young, but at least potential enough to not get outshot by 20 each game.

Agreed on the right wings being ugly, but replacing Mitchell with a legitimate top 6 RW would make this team look a lot more competitive. Think of a Moulson type RW who can score 20-30 goals (not named Drew Stafford). Still very young, but at least potential enough to not get outshot by 20 each game.

Trade for Lucic?

/ducks

This would be the perfect time for that Iginla or Shane Doan trade that SabreSpace was clamoring for a few years back. Someone who could score and could protect the kid a bit.

Dustin Brown?

/ducks again

Evander Kane? If there is a power forward available I make every effort to grab one to place on McEichel's wing. Let the kid know the org has his back. The last thing we need is him fending for himself against Boston and Philly.

Couldn't Girgensons play the Dustin Brown role and be moved to Wing? Allowing the top 3 centres to be McDavid / Eichel, Reinhart and Grigerenko.

Though exciting to think how good they could be its also a bit scary to have all 3 centres to be so young.

Wonder if the Sabres Mgmt will be comfortable with so much youth down the middle and would consider moving Grigerenko in a deal that could bring them some expierence like a ROR?

Moulson-Reinhart-J. Williams

Ennis-McDavid-E. Kane

:)

Think Connoly from Tampa could be available? How about Saad from Chicago? Two teams with lots of talent and cap issues.

Think Connoly from Tampa could be available? How about Saad from Chicago? Two teams with lots of talent and cap issues.

Saad's contract is up after this year and he'll be a RFA. Chicago does have problems. They'll be moving one or two of Saad, Sharp, Hossa, Hjalmarsson. I'll take any of them.

Evander Kane? If there is a power forward available I make every effort to grab one to place on McEichel's wing. Let the kid know the org has his back. The last thing we need is him fending for himself against Boston and Philly.

Chris Stewart? :ph34r:

Saad's contract is up after this year and he'll be a RFA. Chicago does have problems. They'll be moving one or two of Saad, Sharp, Hossa, Hjalmarsson. I'll take any of them.

Yeah they are in trouble. They have 15 guys signed for next year at 65.4 Million, with a projected cap of 71 million

McDavid is all about speed, he's got a gear others only dream about. He needs one winger who can keep up and finish. The other could be a digger/checker/protector type. Deslauriers could be the latter, but would have to score a bit.

Look at what Crosby has done for the guys he's been paired with. They've rarely been stars, the PP is where he lines up with high end talent.

How do you think they let go? Hossa at 35 with that hit would be my bet

Hossa: age (35)

Salary: $7.9 mil/year until 2016/17 where it dips to $4 mil/year and then $1 mil/year in 2017/18

Hit: $5.23 mil/year

UFA: 2021

Shaad: (age 21)

RFA next season, still on his rookie contract I believe

Sharp: (age 32)

Salary: Dips to $5.5 mil/year next year

Hit: $5.9 mil/year

UFA: 2017

Hjalmarsson: (age 27)

Salary: $4.2 mil/year

Hit: $4.1 mil/year

UFA: 2019

Edited by WildCard

How do you think they let go? Hossa at 35 with that hit would be my bet

Hossa: age (35)

Salary: $7.9 mil/year until 2016/17 where it dips to $4 mil/year and then $1 mil/year in 2017/18

Hit: $5.23 mil/year

UFA: 2021

Shaad: (age 21)

RFA next season, still on his rookie contract I believe

Sharp: (age 32)

Salary: Dips to $5.5 mil/year next year

Hit: $5.9 mil/year

UFA: 2017

Hjalmarsson: (age 27)

Salary: $4.2 mil/year

Hit: $4.1 mil/year

UFA: 2019

Hossa and Saad are the only ones without NMC/NTCs. So as you and Tank mentioned Hossa is the most likely to be moved

I would definitely take on Hossa and Sharp. A 60 point right wing and a 75 point left wing. Good veteran guys. Still productive, still competitive.

Stick that in your McEichel and smoke it.

That's the way to get these young centers to lead the team.

Hossa and Saad are the only ones without NMC/NTCs. So as you and Tank mentioned Hossa is the most likely to be moved

Do we really want a hit of ~$5 mil/year with Hossa until he's 40? Is there a chance we can trade for him, and then maybe restructure his contract? No doubt Chicago wants someone cheaper to come in and replace him, so who are we looking at to send back?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.