GDT: Edmonton vs Buffalo, 11/7/14, 7:00pm

wjag

The shots against were just a reflection of puck possession. It's to be expected from a team like Edmonton, which are further along on the front end rebuild than us. Nuevy's performance these last few games though, wow, he's been worked and he's held up fairly well under the circumstances. Good for him.

Not that I enjoy watching the Sabres go through this season, because I don't, but, at the same time, there is a part of me that is relieved we lost this one, if only to further efforts on the draft position. It's a necessary evil, although it's a tough pill to swallow, we must endure to achieve greatness.

The defense is looking better with Risto, Zads and Myers in particular. I like the time all 3 are getting, Myers as the future torch bearer for this group with Risto and Zads getting the experience at the NHL level. It does my heart good to see them getting on with it.

Did anyone catch the fan code for tonight's game? I was stuck watching the Edmonton feed so I didn't catch it.

No I meant the fact Benoit is playing is a joke. Prospects like Pysyk, McCabe (or even ruhwedel, yes inkman :P) could take his place and perform. Strachan even, and weber for sure

If you're suggesting that Inkman could take Benoit's place, I just have to agree.

Just got home. The game was actually entertaining...as long as you weren't a Sabres fan. Highlight by a country mile...Kelly and RJ coming out before the game.

- Trade Stafford while he is putting up points.

- DO NOT...I repeat, DO NOT call up McCabe, Pysyk, Grigs, Armia, Carrier and any other prospect that would be considered part of the rebuild. This is a tire fire of epic proportions.

I sat in nosebleed section tonight.... Always enjoy the game more from up top tho..... I was surrounded by Oilers fans, and I won't lie, when they took the lead in the third, I didn't cheer, but inside I didn't feel terrible..... In general that sucks, but it is what it is.

50+ shots is just unacceptable tho

Nuevy's performance these last few games though, wow, he's been worked and he's held up fairly well under the circumstances. Good for him.

Yeah, at this point, when Enroth allows a goal, his body language gives of an air of resignation, like he'd already given up and was just waiting for the inevitable goal. Neuvirth is truly playing to be the starter. He's just going about his business, giving his team a chance to win every night. If the Sabres ever get the offense clicking and the shots against down, they could be a good team with Neuvirth.

Mezaros is bad at the hockey

I think I said these exact words while watching this game at some point.

Larson is s bit of a dick.

I'm starting to like him.

I thought he was kinda useless last year, but now I'm realizing he just needed to grow a bit. He's starting to win battles at the NHL level and flashed some decent passing instincts.

CAN WE PLEASE END THE BENOIT MESZAROS NIGHTMARE.

Plllleeeeeaaaaaassssseeee.

If you're suggesting that Inkman could take Benoit's place, I just have to agree.

With his special personalized calf pads inky is shot blocking machine.

They play the Penguins next who are on a 6 game winning streak. I'm thinking 65 shots.

And that's the great thing about sports. Tomorrow we will have very angry Enroth plus pissed off embarrassed team. We beat the Pens 3-2 you saw it here first! Never mention it again though okay?!.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.