GDT: Edmonton vs Buffalo, 11/7/14, 7:00pm

wjag

http://www.cbssports.com/nhl/eye-on-hockey/24789320/video-sabres-tyler-ennis-taps-ref-with-stick-gets-game-misconduct

seems like ennis tapped a linesman at the final buzzer. Got a game misconduct.

That was like a "good game" tap. The linesman needs to grow a pair if he reported that. They get more abused breaking up fights and don't call anything.

This season has been so bad I have gone out and bought ice hockey equipment and I am starting to play hockey again after a 15ish year hiatus. Watching the Sabres these past years has literally sucked the fun out of hockey for me to the point where I've said "forget this, I'll do it myself."

Instead of watching the game last night I was at a stick and puck session at Prospect Park whacking around pucks and practicing my skating. Looks like I made the right choice.

This season has been so bad I have gone out and bought ice hockey equipment and I am starting to play hockey again after a 15ish year hiatus. Watching the Sabres these past years has literally sucked the fun out of hockey for me to the point where I've said "forget this, I'll do it myself."

Instead of watching the game last night I was at a stick and puck session at Prospect Park whacking around pucks and practicing my skating. Looks like I made the right choice.

Good for you!

I was watching some of my teammates from beginner hockey play and lose Wednesday night in a different league. d4rk asked me what i was up to, I replied, "Oh, watching my zamboni boys lose". He goes "I don't know, they're making a decent shake of things" thinking I was talking about the Sabres. Sadly kind of appropriate!

I applaud you. I missed the game last night. I miss very few games. There are alternatives.

Maximize joy. That is the art of living.

I skate shinny there sometimes. It's nice.. They need to get their scoreboard and benches in though. It was supposed to happen last summer, but they didn't come through.

Hoping that they get leagues set up for next winter. I live 5 minutes from the rink and Would rather play there than Long Island City.

Yeah, Enzo went to pat him on the ass at the end of the game and caught him in the hand, so the ref gives him the 10. Problem is, if the rules are strictly interpreted, he could face up to ten games. Although, if that were to happen, he'd likely successfully appeal for fewer.

That's elite level tanking though: the team leader in goals eats ten games for about as innocent of a mistake as anyone could possibly make.

Yeah, Enzo went to pat him on the ass at the end of the game and caught him in the hand, so the ref gives him the 10. Problem is, if the rules are strictly interpreted, he could face up to ten games. Although, if that were to happen, he'd likely successfully appeal for fewer.

That's elite level tanking though: the team leader in goals eats ten games for about as innocent of a mistake as anyone could possibly make.

Attempting to swat the linesman on the butt would not make this better. You can't intentionally make contact w/ an official. It was painfully dumb. A better tack for him to take would be to claim he was doing a wtf wave and the stick got away from him.

Attempting to swat the linesman on the butt would not make this better. You can't intentionally make contact w/ an official. It was painfully dumb. A better tack for him to take would be to claim he was doing a wtf wave and the stick got away from him.

The context matters though, right? Say the Sabres were up 4-1 and the linesman is Ennis' old junior coach or something. There can be innocent contact, no?

The context matters though, right? Say the Sabres were up 4-1 and the linesman is Ennis' old junior coach or something. There can be innocent contact, no?

Rewatching the DRV'd game, it didn't appear innocent though it most likely was accidental. Painfully stupid either way.

I think it was simply a matter of talking to the linemen.

Do you think he meant to hit you in the hand?

Nah, he was just giving me a what's up tap.

Any more discipline required in your opinion?

Nah. He won't do it again.

I'm pretty sure that's how it went down. Especially given that Ennis went and apologized right away. But don't we want to have confidence that the league will follow its own procedures? (Hi Taro.)

Towit:

40.5 Automatic Suspension – Process - Immediately after the game in which such game misconduct penalty is imposed, the Referees shall, in consultation with the Linesmen, decide the category of the offense. They shall make a verbal report to the League’s Director of Hockey Operations and advise of the category and of the offense.

Now, if they're saying a misconduct shouldn't have been called, the league should rescind the penalty and clear Ennis' name.

I don't get the half step. Giving him the misconduct but not the required discipline.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.