GDT: Edmonton vs Buffalo, 11/7/14, 7:00pm

wjag

It's #27 versus #30.

Edmonton has 32GF compared to Buffalo's 17GF. Edmonton has allowed 48GAA compared to 45GAA for Buffalo.

This one has McDavid implications.

Edmonton enters on a 4 game skid.

A regulation loss by Edmonton would have them swap league standing position with Buffalo. Buffalo would surge to at least 29th. Columbus plays Carolina in a match up between 29th and 28th. So there could be changes at the bottom of the league after tonight,

Edited by wjag

Games like this really exemplifies how crazy this entire tank situation is. Today in the morning skate Nolan is getting the guys fired up and ready to win a hockey game. Meanwhile, everyone else in the organization from GMTM to TP is hoping for a loss. Seriously how could any player want to be a part of this organization? For that matter how could any coach with pride want to coach in this organization?

Games like this really exemplifies how crazy this entire tank situation is. Today in the morning skate Nolan is getting the guys fired up and ready to win a hockey game. Meanwhile, everyone else in the organization from GMTM to TP is hoping for a loss. Seriously how could any player want to be a part of this organization? For that matter how could any coach with pride want to coach in this organization?

Probably one of the x amount of reasons Nolan was hesitant to sign on as the official head coach. I'm sure he's concerned he'll be kicked to the curb when the Sabres begin to make a turn for the better in the upcoming seasons.

The most curious thing about Enroth. 26-41-13 lifetime and 0.913 save. He's LOST twice as many games as still has a .913.

Don't tell anyone this because it is a secret, but Enroth is actually a solid #1 GT. If he were 6'1" instead of 5'10" this would even be a debate but sadly it is.

Don't tell anyone this because it is a secret, but Enroth is actually a solid #1 GT. If he were 6'1" instead of 5'10" this would even be a debate but sadly it is.

I actually think he's a solid backup. I don't believe save percentage until someone has seen at least 3000 NHL shots. He's getting there.

Just my bias, but I don't think his numbers would hold up with 50-60 starts in a year.

I actually think he's a solid backup. I don't believe save percentage until someone has seen at least 3000 NHL shots. He's getting there.

Just my bias, but I don't think his numbers would hold up with 50-60 starts in a year.

Ideally you want 5000 even strength shots to be reasonably certain, but almost no goaltenders get there as a starter if the first 3000 aren't good enough (and you can glean some value for the first 3, so it's not unfair).

Anyway, super small sample warning, but Enroth is only at .908 this year.

@BuffaloSabres: A change on defense - Benoit in for Strachan, per Nolan. #EDMvsBUF

Well I am wrong, or at least my first source was, Neuvirth again tonight. Not really a fan of how the Sabres are sh!##### all over Enroth but whatever.

Hoppe?

He just barely survived the fire sale. Black had market studies with data and for a while it wasn't looking good for Toothy.

They should have moved him when Gnash (Preds) was slumping and the interest was high. Could have gotten a late fourth. Again DR had to "win" and we lose.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.