Cody Hodgson

darksabre

Zassian with a 2 goal night last night, leaving Cody Hotdog in the dust, 7 goals 13 points in 33 games. Hodgson has 2 goals 8 points in 55 games. 

I just can't see where Hodgson has any trade value what so ever. Right now he is nothing but dead cap space. 

Of course, I post this with a wink and a smile. I am just sure glad I didn't signup to work out with Gary Roberts. Does anyone remember when that was a real thing? 

Yep! 

A real hockey trade, that didn't workout for either team. And let's be fair, Hodgson would have to go on a tare for the rest of the season to reach "mediocre" status. 

I guess I just don't understand why you keep bringing Kassian.  Both players are meh.

It will be interesting to see all our prospects come up over the next two or three years.. They might get to play with a real club and guys like grigs (leftover dr) and Cody who can't cut it on a line or team they have to carry might actually realize their potential being pushed by guys that are better than them that they respect and try to keep up with.. This team might actually look like one if Murray is right on two of three of his picks which seem to have unknown ceilings . Our percentage will even surpass Detroit if this is true over the past three to four years with picks, trades and the few pieces that he kept .

I missed a bunch of pages. How did he become Coney Hotdog?

It was Coy Hogson, cuz there is no D in Cody. Then it was wisely realized there is no O either and it became Cy Hgsn. It spiraled out of control after that with crusty handkerchief and eventually ended at where we are now.

It was Coy Hogson, cuz there is no D in Cody. Then it was wisely realized there is no O either and it became Cy Hgsn. It spiraled out of control after that with crusty handkerchief and eventually ended at where we are now.

I was caught up when he was Cy Hgsn.

now he has his O and D back?

Working theory: on locker clean out day last year, Ville walked straight up to Hodgson and said "Willy-nilly hockey's silly, skate in mud and shot go chilly, you are now the team Cow Lilly. Tag your it!"

As team Cow Lilly, we just hope he's smart enough to tag someone else on locker clean out day or the day he's traded to pass on the curse of Ville.

Working theory: on locker clean out day last year, Ville walked straight up to Hodgson and said "Willy-nilly hockey's silly, skate in mud and shot go chilly, you are now the team Cow Lilly. Tag your it!"

As team Cow Lilly, we just hope he's smart enough to tag someone else on locker clean out day or the day he's traded to pass on the curse of Ville.

Most plausible theory I've heard/read.

:lol:

It's Occam's Razor. Usually that simplest, most obvious explanation is the correct one.

Just one quibble, though I hold no malice towards him, I'd hope he either doesn't forward the curse to another Sabre, or if he does pass it on, he gives it to someone like Mess or Balls who already have a touch of that curse and who have no chance whatsoever being back.

One day when I'm mostly decrepit, in the advanced stages of dementia and riddled with rickets or some such ghastly malady I'll sit my great grandson down next to me and with a foggy memory I'll relate to him the story of the Coney Island hotdog. He'll have images of hockey players, curses, oil barons, tank commanders, sabretoothed tigers and Russian countesses running through his young mind and will be mostly confused by my jabbering. And this will be his lasting memory of his great grandpappy Buno. For this I blame the runaway train that is this thread. But by all means keep it up. Its great entertainment. 

One day when I'm mostly decrepit, in the advanced stages of dementia and riddled with rickets or some such ghastly malady I'll sit my great grandson down next to me and with a foggy memory I'll relate to him the story of the Coney Island hotdog. He'll have images of hockey players, curses, oil barons, tank commanders, sabretoothed tigers and Russian countesses running through his young mind and will be mostly confused by my jabbering. And this will be his lasting memory of his great grandpappy Buno. For this I blame the runaway train that is this thread. But by all means keep it up. Its great entertainment. 

If there's one thing we've managed to do well this year, it's play with ourselves. 

Didn't get to watch much of the game last night, but did notice that Cody had almost a season low on ice time. Was he that bad? He went from 10-12 minutes a game to less than five against the Preds, or was it game circumstances?

He doesn't play the power play, kill penalties, shutdown the opposition when we need to protect a lead, create offence when we need a goal, provide a jolt of energy when the game turns stale, or stand up for his teammates when they start getting pushed around.

What role did you have in mind for him?