Cody Hodgson

darksabre

how he performed this season doesn't make me want him anymore either.

This is why I think Nolan is in on The Tank. With the talent level of this team, he really should have gotten 1st/2nd line minutes. Instead it was 3rd/4th line for most of the year. There's been a well-publicized rift between CoHo and Nolan but come on...

I need this POS off this team immediately. All season he's a no show and when the team needs him the least, he starts piling up points? MAKE HIM GO AWAY GMTM.

Funny how Rolston could at least substitute situationally to get some points out of Hodgson.

Not to worry though, Hodgson will be back to the 4th line faster than Nolan can say "parts is parts".

I need this POS off this team immediately. All season he's a no show and when the team needs him the least, he starts piling up points? MAKE HIM GO AWAY GMTM.

I want him traded once he gets his value back.  He's clearly a player that's not going to help this team win in the playoffs.

Does GMTM think there is a future for Cody Ho?

Where there absolutely no offers for him?

I sit here and wonder if he is really that bad. Is he that important that trading of Cody would be detrimental to finishing 30th, the ultimate goal this year? Is that ultimately why he is still a SAbre?

So many unanswered questions after today.

Does GMTM think there is a future for Cody Ho?

Where there absolutely no offers for him?

I sit here and wonder if he is really that bad. Is he that important that trading of Cody would be detrimental to finishing 30th, the ultimate goal this year? Is that ultimately why he is still a SAbre?

So many unanswered questions after today.

I can answer one of your questions. Cody Hodgson is a good hockey player. He will be on the team next year and will be one of the team's top 6 scorers.

Am I really the only one that sees the talent? I feel like i'm taking crazy pills.

I can answer one of your questions. Cody Hodgson is a good hockey player. He will be on the team next year and will be one of the team's top 6 scorers.

Am I really the only one that sees the talent? I feel like i'm taking crazy pills.

You are not the only one.  But he will not be one of the team's top 6 scorers if Nolan is the coach.

You are not the only one.  But he will not be one of the team's top 6 scorers if Nolan is the coach.

Ahh I see you have hit on the other half of my expectations for next year. Nolan is the sacrificial lamb. I think GMTM wants his own coach once the goal is to win hockey games.

Top scorers next year:

Kane

McDavid/Eichel

Ennis

Moulson

Reinhart

Zemgus...

...Hodgson

With a new coach I am fairly confident that Hodgson passes one of the 6 players listed above. He was our leading scorer in 2013-14 with 44 pts, in 8 fewer games than Ennis' 43 pts.

I think I said pretty much the same thing upthread

I think you underestimate the massive contribution he's made to the tank so far. I expect he'll be about a 20-goal guy going forward but he took one for the team this year.

Completely with you. 

As long as Nolan is gone. Which I am also hopeful for!

Edited by ThirtyEight

Cody is at least getting ice time. Due to injuries and trades he is forced to play with some line mates that have some skill. But even with the AHL squad now playing Cody has yet to see one PP shift.

Again, I am not a Cody fan, but if there is one place Cody should play is on the PP. This shows that there is either some tank coercion by the coaching staff, or that they are at a total loss on how to get the most out of a player.

I checked NHL stats, they have zero for him.

That's interesting. I could have sworn Gionta Moulson Ennis started our PP and Hodgson Varone Foligno came on next.

I was specifically watching for it.

Am I losing it? Was anyone else still watching in the third?