Cody Hodgson

darksabre

When he plays wing, is he on the right or left side?  I could see him sticking as an RW, but that's about the only way I see him sticking.

Oh look a right handed shot, one year removed from leading the team in points. What's that you say? The team has a weakness at RW in the top 6? If only we could find a #2 RW for next year.

Barring any offseason moves, Hodgson will be the RW on the second line next year. 

Oh look a right handed shot, one year removed from leading the team in points. What's that you say? The team has a weakness at RW in the top 6? If only we could find a #2 RW for next year.

Barring any offseason moves, Hodgson will be the RW on the second line next year.

I agree with this. And that simultaneously excites and terrifies me.

I think if you put Kane on the wing and Reinhart in the center, Cody might actually do okay.  Not great mind you but okay. 

I'm not sure that's a great pair for your second line.  Sam and Cody aren't great skaters so you will need some serious speed on the LW to make that work. 

I thought we were discussing a Kane/Reinhart/Cody line?

With our current personnel, I see more of a 1a/1b line structure. Kane with Eichel and (? RW) as I feel that their speed will work well together and Kane can guard against cheap shots on the rookie. Moulson with Reinhart and Hodgson are two finishers to match with Reinhart's cerebral passing game. The speed issue is overblown IMO, and is more important to match complementary styles on each line.

Maybe Ennis plays RW even though he is a lefty on the top line. That would be one fast line.

Edited by Tchaikovsky по Boyes

With our current personnel, I see more of a 1a/1b line structure. Kane with Eichel and (? RW) as I feel that their speed will work well together and Kane can guard against cheap shots on the rookie. Moulson with Reinhart and Hodgson are two finishers to match with Reinhart's cerebral passing game. The speed issue is overblown IMO, and is more important to match complementary styles on each line.

Maybe Ennis plays RW even though he is a lefty on the top line. That would be one fast line.

Hodgson a finisher ? I laughed

Final comparison of Hodgson's 2015 season to Leino's last as a Sabre.  

Hodgson -  78 games played 6 goals,  - 13 points, +/- - 28,  PPG 0, PPA, 0,  TOI/G -  12:51,  PROD - 77:05,   Total time on ice - 1002 minutes

Leino - 58 games played,  0 goals,  15 points,  +/- -16,  PPG 0, PPA 6,  TOI/G - 14:26,  PROD -55:49 - Total time on ice - 837 minutes.  

So Hodgson played 20 more games than Leino, logged 160 more minutes on the ice, and stll somehow produced 2 fewer points,  and  ZERO PPA, vs 6 for Leino,  and a gawd awful productivity stat of 77:05,   21 minutes longer than even Leino.

Leino's lack of productivity was legendary in 2014,  but somehow this Hodgson guy outdid him.   

This guy deserves his "Must Go" topic more than Leino did.  

Edited by Jsixspd

Final comparison of Hodgson's 2015 season to Leino's last as a Sabre.  

Hodgson -  78 games played 6 goals,  - 13 points, +/- - 28,  PPG 0, PPA, 0,  TOI/G -  12:51,  PROD - 77:05,   Total time on ice - 1002 minutes

Leino - 58 games played,  0 goals,  15 points,  +/- -16,  PPG 0, PPA 6,  TOI/G - 14:26,  PROD -55:49 - Total time on ice - 837 minutes.  

So Hodgson played 20 more games than Leino, logged 160 more minutes on the ice, and stll somehow produced 2 fewer points,  and  ZERO PPA, vs 6 for Leino,  and a gawd awful productivity stat of 77:05,   21 minutes longer than even Leino.

Leino's lack of productivity was legendary in 2014,  but somehow this Hodgson guy outdid him.   

This guy deserves his "Must Go" topic more than Leino did.  

Good points. But there is added mystique around Leino because he didn't manage to score a single goal in 58 games. That's frankly ridiculous.

Edited by Thorny

Good points. But there is added mystique around Leino because he didn't manage to score a single goal in 58 games. That's frankly ridiculous.

Yeah, that's the only stat where Hog-head exceeds Leino.  But, looking at the entire picture, Hodgson is definitely Bottom Shelf for 2015.    

• 2 months later...

Now I know how LastPommerFan felt on his day.

Anyone want to talk Hodgson v. Kassian for old times sake?

I still don't hate that trade. In a vacuum its not so great, but at the time we had no hope of a #1 center, and Corporal Hogshead gave us some shot at it.

• 2 years later...

Bumping this thread in light of the news about Cody and the condition he was suffering from. It likely contributed to his inconsistent play here and he no longer deserves to have this thread archived without our acknowledging it.

Sorry Cody.

Good post. I enjoyed many a laugh at the expense of Cody while he was in Buffalo and pardon the expression, rode him hard on occasion but he deserves a happy, healthy life as much as any of us so I too will acknowledge my ignorance to his situation. Had I known, my sentiment would have been different. Good luck Cody.