Ted Nolan "I learned last week I can't say what/how I feel."

Ghost of Dwight Drane

Oh please. F*ck the team's feelings.

Amen, I'm sick of these guys needing group hugs and "closed door meetings" every other Tuesday.

Start acting like freakin' adults!

Nolan should have been fired as soon as he said that "pee wee" comment. A team just can't have their coach say something like that about them to the press.

Why not? It's about time someone around here called it like it is.

From what I've read, Grigo is really good at winning battles because of his skill and reach. Don't have to knock anybody over to retrieve the puck along the wall.

I hope that's the case. We need more of that. It's tenacity strength and skill that make guys like Zetterberg so successful. I don't need my forwards to hit, but I need them to dig that puck out like their lives depend on it.

We could always count on Gerbe to do that kind of work despite all of the odds stacked against him.

Why not? It's about time someone around here called it like it is.

I don't get the feel that Nolan is a major league coach. If he doesn't get his way, he goes crying to the press. I say handle things quietly and internally. If he doesn't like someone, get rid of them. Don't make the organization into a league wide laughingstock with this type of quote. The pee wee quote just appeared in the Boston Herald, I'm sure it'll appear elsewhere. I want a Babcock or a Laviolette, someone who's been there before, not yet another crony or retread that Lafontaine (where is he now?) plucked out of obscurity because Pegula came crying to him like a baby. I used to love this org, even with the Knoxes, Rigas and Golisanos but we seem hopelessly lost under current ownership. I'm not saying group hug but our group is very unconfident. I want to see player moves and coaching moves until we get the right formula. I can't stand this crying to the press.

I don't get the feel that Nolan is a major league coach. If he doesn't get his way, he goes crying to the press. I say handle things quietly and internally. If he doesn't like someone, get rid of them. Don't make the organization into a league wide laughingstock with this type of quote. The pee wee quote just appeared in the Boston Herald, I'm sure it'll appear elsewhere. I want a Babcock or a Laviolette, someone who's been there before, not yet another crony or retread that Lafontaine (where is he now?) plucked out of obscurity because Pegula came crying to him like a baby. I used to love this org, even with the Knoxes, Rigas and Golisanos but we seem hopelessly lost under current ownership. I'm not saying group hug but our group is very unconfident. I want to see player moves and coaching moves until we get the right formula. I can't stand this crying to the press.

Teddy may or may not be a viable coach in this era, but I don't think the issue is calling his players out in the media. Plenty of other coaches, in every sport, do so.

Teddy may or may not be a viable coach in this era, but I don't think the issue is calling his players out in the media. Plenty of other coaches, in every sport, do so.

There is a difference between saying "these guys aren't trying hard enough" and "these guys aren't any good." Since Ted almost always has to use the former as code for the latter (the pee wee remark and today's radio appearance being the exceptions), it's tough to tell what he's really trying to say.

There is a difference between saying "these guys aren't trying hard enough" and "these guys aren't any good." Since Ted almost always has to use the former as code for the latter (the pee wee remark and today's radio appearance being the exceptions), it's tough to tell what he's really trying to say.

That and he talks like his mouth is full of marbles most of the time.

I know he doesn't have a talented team, but I think he lost whatever mojo he had as a coach regardless. He actually looks and sounds clueless most of the time. I won't miss him when TM finds his replacement.

GO SABRES!!!

Nolan should have been fired as soon as he said that "pee wee" comment. A team just can't have their coach say something like that about them to the press.

I stand by my comment earlier this week. This tire fire is just getting started and is going to get worse. IMO Nolan will not survive the season, and Cunneyworth will be named interim for the remainder of the season.

I stand by my comment earlier this week. This tire fire is just getting started and is going to get worse. IMO Nolan will not survive the season, and Cunneyworth will be named interim for the remainder of the season.

What's the point of doing that? If God himself descended from heaven with his infinite wisdom and planted his bad robed self behind the bench this team would still blow and everyone would be asking "does God even have a system?!"

What's the point of doing that? If God himself descended from heaven with his infinite wisdom and planted his bad robed self behind the bench this team would still blow and everyone would be asking "does God even have a system?!"

Because I fear that Nolan is poison for the prospects, so either get him the f*** out of here, or keep him, send Zadorov & Reinhart to juniors, Risto back to Rochester, and let Nolan walk around with a woody all day fielding a team of 20 Matt Ellis types.

Edited by LabattBlue

Even God could only keep 11 of 12 forwards in line before someone sold him out.....

Because I fear that Nolan is poison for the prospects, so either get him the f*** out of here, or keep him, send Zadorov & Reinhart to juniors, Risto back to Rochester, and let Nolan walk around with a woody all day fielding a team of 20 Matt Ellis types.

Why would nolan walk around with me all day?? "

;)

I was wondering after the Toronto game if this team could have looked any worse without a coach on the bench at all. Just 18 skaters and 2 goalies.

• 3 weeks later...

Oops, he did it again?

“We have so many guys puck-staring and not being aware what’s behind them,” Nolan said. “We’re at the National Hockey League level. You would think you’d be teaching at the junior level, even the American Hockey League. At this level, you would think guys would be aware of their surroundings...."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/sabres-past-100-games-paint-a-sorry-picture-20141115

Oops, he did it again?

“We have so many guys puck-staring and not being aware what’s behind them,” Nolan said. “We’re at the National Hockey League level. You would think you’d be teaching at the junior level, even the American Hockey League. At this level, you would think guys would be aware of their surroundings...."

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/sabres-past-100-games-paint-a-sorry-picture-20141115

When does Teddy look in the mirror and ask "is it me?"

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.