Ted Nolan "I learned last week I can't say what/how I feel."

Ghost of Dwight Drane

I see you picked up on the vibe too from the game thread.

I just want to know who told him.

Was it Terry on the phone, munching on some Fiddle Faddle with the cashews in it?

Was it Ted B. in his slight alto voice, just after he spent 10 minutes trying to memorize a Marv Levy quote?

Was it Battista who told him in his Harvey Firestein voice, then asked Ted to pose for a selfie after the fact that he could tweet out?

Poor Ted. I'll still love ya if you do what you feel.....

Roenick explained it best the other night when commenting on Nolan's comments. Players today are too soft and you risk the possibility of hurting somebody's feelings.

Say it coach! Say what's on your mind. If they can't take it they shouldn't be in the pros.

Nolan has no room to complain about effort when he can't provide direction. He knew the task. Change the direction. Not radically, but put some structure to the rebuild. Teach the youngsters. But that is tough to do when the only direction you can give is what's in your soul. There is no tactical plan game in and game out. It looks like a Chinese fire drill. A monkey can throw a puck on the ice and sit at the podium 60 minutes later. He may a great motivator, but to lead successfully you have to provide direction and I never felt he knew where he wanted to go.

Nolan has no room to complain about effort when he can't provide direction. He knew the task. Change the direction. Not radically, but put some structure to the rebuild. Teach the youngsters. But that is tough to do when the only direction you can give is what's in your soul. There is no tactical plan game in and game out. It looks like a Chinese fire drill. A monkey can throw a puck on the ice and sit at the podium 60 minutes later. He may a great motivator, but to lead successfully you have to provide direction and I never felt he knew where he wanted to go.

Rolston ? Ah, NO. I'd rather have Ted at this point. Lets be real. This team out and out sukcs. Mike friggin Babcock couldn't get more out of this team system or not.

I'm always a bit wishy washy and equivocal, but this is more where I'm at than not.

I am appreciative some of you put down your palms from adoring the messiah who rode into town on a border collie, long enough to reply.

Maybe Tyler Myers having 0 points in 5 games is as simple as, he sucks? But y'all keep clamoring for Yzerman, Chelios, and Shannahan in return......

As a wise man once said.... adiots......

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.