Ted Nolan "I learned last week I can't say what/how I feel."

Ghost of Dwight Drane

Nolan today on radio: We have to win with what we've got. (Paraphrasing.) Might not be the toughest or fastest, but have to win with what we've got.

That's as close to saying "I have a ###### team" as he can get. Might even be a little over the line.

Edited by Eleven

Nolan today on radio: We have to win with what we've got. (Paraphrasing.) Might not be the toughest or fastest, but have to win with what we've got.

That's as close to saying "I have a ###### team" as he can get. Might even be a little over the line.

Well he's correct, he does have a ###### team

It's only over the line if it's not true. But it is true.

I was hoping we'd be a little like Columbus a few years ago. Gritty, tough to play against, but definitely lacking some goal scoring. This team is completely missing the components that makes not scoring goals a little more reasonable. They're slow, weak, and they can't score. Woof.

It's only over the line if it's not true. But it is true.

I was hoping we'd be a little like Columbus a few years ago. Gritty, tough to play against, but definitely lacking some goal scoring. This team is completely missing the components that makes not scoring goals a little more reasonable. They're slow, weak, and they can't score. Woof.

Exactly. I fully support the tank because we need a couple of truly great players to avoid this endless cycle of mediocrity but they can still be entertaining and bad at the same time. This team has little talent, no grit, and no moxie. The mid to late 90's Sabres could beat you up even when they couldn't beat you and there were always tough to play against. Even if you remove the world class goaltender in Hasek I doubt many people looked forward to actually playing the Sabres and facing guys like Ray, May, Barnaby, etc. and even guys like Peca who may not have dropped the gloves as much but were still a pain in the ass to play against.

Opponents must see the current Sabres as pad your stats night. Nobody strikes fear in the opposing team or is even that much of a pain in the ass to play against. McCormick and Deslauriers will drop the gloves from time to time and Girgensons never stops but that's about it. Hopefully Kaleta comes back and is the same lovable heel opponents love to hate but we need some more guys to join in and get with the program, especially if they aren't going to chip in with any scoring/talent (Foligno, Stafford, Stewart). If they won't we need to pick up another Adam Mair type who can rattle the other team's cage without looking completely lost on the ice.

Edited by Drunkard

So now the angry mob turns their attention to Cody. I suspect it is like this on every board. Fans need someone to hate each season. I still am in Cody's camp. I see him as a piece of the future. If we run every player out of town, who will be our future?

Exactly. I fully support the tank because we need a couple of truly great players to avoid this endless cycle of mediocrity but they can still be entertaining and bad at the same time. This team has little talent, no grit, and no moxie. The mid to late 90's Sabres could beat you up even when they couldn't beat you and there were always tough to play against. Even if you remove the world class goaltender in Hasek I doubt many people looked forward to actually playing the Sabres and facing guys like Ray, May, Barnaby, etc. and even guys like Peca who may not have dropped the gloves as much but were still a pain in the ass to play against.

Opponents must see the current Sabres as pad your stats night. Nobody strikes fear in the opposing team or is even that much of a pain in the ass to play against. McCormick and Deslauriers will drop the gloves from time to time and Girgensons never stops but that's about it. Hopefully Kaleta comes back and is the same lovable heel opponents love to hate but we need some more guys to join in and get with the program, especially if they aren't going to chip in with any scoring/talent (Foligno, Stafford, Stewart). If they won't we need to pick up another Adam Mair type who can rattle the other team's cage without looking completely lost on the ice.

Welcome to what in all likelihood will be the 2015-'16 Buffalo Sabres.

Welcome to what in all likelihood will be the 2015-'16 Buffalo Sabres.

I hope that's the case. If we can land McDavid or Eichel and they are every bit as good as advertised it should elevate the play of one of our scoring lines. Then hopefully Grigorenko and Armia can elevate the play of our other scoring line while Reinhart spends the season in Rochester. We still need some sandpaper in the lineup that is capable of playing above the 4th line though. Brendan Lemieux seems to fit the bill but I don't seem him playing for the Sabres until 2016-2017 at the earliest.

Maybe off topic, but my guess is...

ticklish:

d4rk

chz

swamp

not ticklish:

shrader

bio

deluca

Incorrect... I giggle like the Pillsbury Doughboy. :blush:

Eleven is not ticklish, but surprisingly, Angry Eleven is.

:lol:

So now the angry mob turns their attention to Cody. I suspect it is like this on every board. Fans need someone to hate each season. I still am in Cody's camp. I see him as a piece of the future. If we run every player out of town, who will be our future?

I'm holding out hopes for Hodgson only because of the chemistry he and Grigorenko had for however briefly they were paired together in preseason, but he hasn't inspired much faith thus far in the regular season. (Not that much of anyone on this team has... )

I still think Hodgson can be an offensive contributor on a good team, but it's definitely going to require the right situation and supporting cast. The days of me hoping he'd turn into a guy other players depended on, unfortunately, are over. He needs to be the 2nd/3rd wheel on a 2nd line.

He needs to be the 2nd/3rd wheel on a 2nd line.

Hear, hear.

Could even happen.

To dork's point: Imagine a 2nd line with Grigo at center and Hodgson on his wing (and Armia on the other? (those are two right-handed wingers -- does Hodgson play the left side, though?)).

Edited by That Aud Smell

Hear, hear.

Could even happen.

To dork's point: Imagine a 2nd line with Grigo at center and Hodgson on his wing (and Armia on the other? (those are two right-handed wingers -- does Hodgson play the left side, though?)).

I imagine that line getting shut down by NHL defenders. Who there is winning puck battles?

Cody can and will score in this league with two first-liners. He has the skill and head to do so.

He's too much of a prima donna to do it on his own. And it ain't going to happen here.

He's Stafford, but less of a good dude.

I will lose a lot of respect for Tim if he doesn't move him out by this time next year.

Edited by dudacek

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.