Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Haven't we executed that plan for pretty much the entire season with success?

Yes, so far.  But 5 days left to go.  The broader point stands that trying to do this without having everyone on the same page was a bad idea.  It might still work out.

Yes, so far.  But 5 days left to go.  The broader point stands that trying to do this without having everyone on the same page was a bad idea.  It might still work out.

They're pretty much exactly where they were this year where they finished 14 points clear of the next team.  They've been just as good of a CHL team as they were last year, it just so happens that two other teams decided to put up a fight this year.  This team retained a bad coach in hopes of winning the CHL.  They're very close to accomplishing that.

Murray's master plan of trying to finish 30th with a head coach who was 0% on board with that plan *and* 0% a part of the franchise's future probably wasn't the greatest.

Although I imagine Pegula probably wanted him around since he was a fan favorite from two decades ago.  

Too bad your entire assertion is complete fiction.  What makes you believe there is some master plan to purposely lose on Murray's part that Nolan hasn't "bought into"?  We are rebuilding.  Rebuilding teams lose, and take time to develop.  Those were the expectations, and it was assumed logically we would "compete" for the top two picks.  But if you think Tim Murray expected to be guaranteed last place as part of some diabolical plan, you are off in la-la land with a good portion of the fanbase.  The fruits of labor from the coaching staff are starting to be seen with the improved play of Risto, Larsson, Foligno, and to some extent Grigorenko.  Nolan and company should be praised for this, not lambasted for "not being part of the plan".  The poor guy is in a no win situation.  If he wins, crackpots want him fired for not following the "plan".  If he loses, its proof he can't coach.  Ridiculous!

If the Coyotes lose two, and we beat Columbus, Pegula and Murray have to meet with Nolan before that Pittsburgh game, right?  I believe that there has been no overt tanking up to this point, but if it comes down to Game 82, then it is the time to sign a Canisius high school student to play goal, sit Gionta, Ennis, Bogo, and Risto due to a mysterious illness, and play Matt Ellis's line for 30 minutes while short-shifting everyone else.

This franchise simply cannot afford to win that Pittsburgh game.  There would be an epic fan revolt, the likes of which has never been seen in the NHL.  

Edited by Sabrestrike

Columbus is now 9-0-1 in their last ten.  This could be a sorely-needed ass whoopin'.  And then we can gloriously and sincerely cheer them on at home against Pittsburgh.

An ass-whoping Friday followed by beating Pitt at home to keep the Pens out of the playoffs would be my favorite scenario. I'd love to see the show that would be the Penguins offseason if they missed the playoffs

They're pretty much exactly where they were this year last where they finished 14 points clear of the next team.

Assuming that the above fix is correct, then were we exactly where we were last year (51 points with 2 to go), now, then we would have 30th clinched.  This team has performed better down the stretch and I would imagine that the goaltending choices were just enough to make the difference.  Hopefully, it won't matter, but I do believe that it's tighter than it needed to be.

Edited by carpandean

Assuming that the above fix is correct, then were we exactly where we were last year (51 points with 2 to go), we would have 30th clinched.  This team has performed better down the stretch and I would imagine that the goaltending choices were just enough to make the difference.  Hopefully, it won't matter, but I do believe that it's tighter than it needed to be.

Thanks.  I don't understand the stressing out from some over the team actually improving down the stretch though.  Isn't that what we should want to see?  They're not choking away this CHL lead, so people need to take these minor signs of improvement and hope for more.

Thanks.  I don't understand the stressing out from some over the team actually improving down the stretch though.  Isn't that what we should want to see?  They're not choking away this CHL lead, so people need to take these minor signs of improvement and hope for more.

The problem is that until it's locked, it is possible to be choked.  Most of us would love to be talking about the improvements that we're seeing and had they gotten just one less pointless win, we would be.  Instead, it's dragging out to the very end.  Locking 30th will have a larger affect on the future than any improvement we're seeing.

Edited by carpandean

I see what you did there. And for the rest of you... 96%. And before the Sabres play again it could very well be 100%. Just chill, kids.

The problem is that until it's locked, it is possible to be choked.

THE BUFFALO SABRES WILL BE FINE.

Really.  Just relax and enjoy.  All will be set right.

You've said this before. I don't remember promising anything so you're going to have to show me that post. As far as other times the Sabres have been in "this situation", I think it's pretty safe to say losing in the second half of the year would have been better for the team than winning in the *three years* leading up to last year. There's a reason the phrase "glorious run to 8th/9th place" caught on long before "Tank!" did.

Thing is, I think in most of those years the team finished where the talent dictated it should. Not some curse or having a knack for it, that's just who they were. The only year I think you can argue against that is the Risto draft. But last year we were the worst and finished last. This year we've been the worst team almost from pole to pole, and we're nearly certain to finish last. Talent has dictated the finishes.

And yea, I'll try to find that post later when I'm having myself for watching Arizona play hockey.

I think it's time to blame TIM MURRAY, yes, TIM MURRAY.  He is arrogant and spineless for not firing Ted Nolan back when Nolan pulled that crap and started Enroth for 15 straight games in December.

A more seasoned GM wouldn't stand for this crap.  I've lost confidence in our GM.

And, by the way, where is Pegula through all of this ?

I think it's time to blame TIM MURRAY, yes, TIM MURRAY.  He is arrogant and spineless for not firing Ted Nolan back when Nolan pulled that crap and started Enroth for 15 straight games in December.

A more seasoned GM wouldn't stand for this crap.  I've lost confidence in our GM.

And, by the way, where is Pegula through all of this ?

e9e7ac4c7f50655d75ee0173aebed553ac1d1990

Thing is, I think in most of those years the team finished where the talent dictated it should. Not some curse or having a knack for it, that's just who they were. The only year I think you can argue against that is the Risto draft. But last year we were the worst and finished last. This year we've been the worst team almost from pole to pole, and we're nearly certain to finish last. Talent has dictated the finishes.

And yea, I'll try to find that post later when I'm having myself for watching Arizona play hockey.

You remember it too then? At least I wouldn't be the only crazy person if he never actually said it.