Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

We are still precluding the idea that Buffalo can lose those two games against Arizona.  

Wrong.  The are relying on the Sabres to beat them twice in 4 days. Which means the Sabres are still in control.

The Coyotes are in equal control though because just as we supposedly control our ability to lose out, so do they which means it's basically up for grabs. The fact that we are currently in the lead doesn't mean they don't control their own destiny because the potential 4 point swing in those 2 games is enough to erase their 3 point deficit.

Both teams are in control of their own destiny, ignoring Edmonton at the moment.

Edited by Drunkard

NO ONE IS CLAIMING THAT THE SABRES DON'T ALSO CONTROL THEIR OWN DESTINY!

Huh.  I thought for sure that all caps and an exclamation point would be using his native language.  Maybe you should try a youtube vid.

Okay, I understand that. What I am saying is that if Buffalo loses out they win. For that statement to be true, Arizona can't lose out. Either way Arizona and Edmonton need Buffalo to gain 3 points in the last 12 games.

Dude, you're wrong. What your saying is true but the argument is that both Buffalo and Arizona control their own destiny (which is also wrong since Edmonton has the tiebreaker of Arizona anyways). But two teams that play each other can still both control their own destiny.

Can you please re-read what I said. If the Buffalo Sabres do not win another game this year, they will win the shart. I am saying if the Sabres lose both games to the DD's in this scenario they don't need help. The Dogs still need help from the Sabres, because the Sabres would still need to beat the Dogs twice, in regulation.

Phoenix does not control their own destiny. They are relying at the very least on the Sabres winning both games against them.

You realize you can say the exact same thing about Buffalo to Arizona, right? Buffalo needs help from Arizona in that they need them to not lose both in regulation against them. See it now, young one?

Edited by Tank

You guys are nuts I say, just nuts... Really both are saying the same thing, like a bunch of Dems and Republicans... neither side wanting the other side to get credit for something that is so obvious... Please spare me.

:rolleyes:

Trying to goad Liger into a youtube video/movie reference? Don't think we didn't see that move... :flirt:

Oh Man! I didn't see that but now that you brought that to light, WOW! Lining him up for the movie and everything! OK, now I see how these contests are played <_<

Instead of trading all the hot goalies, Murray should have fired Irbe. He may be the real long term gem on the staff.

If 3 (or 4) goalies all perform over their heads for extended periods of time with Irbe as goalie coach,  you can start calling that a trend and not a coincidence.

Is he the goalie whisperer?

When Nolan was fired last time there were many fans who wished him well and felt he got a raw deal. This time he can go ###### himself and never come back to the league again.

As I recall, Nolan wasn't fired back then.

He was offered a 1 year contract by our new GM (who shall still remain nameless).  The reining Coach of the Year told him to shove it.

Since we are talking about Nolan in this thread ... I'm with d4rk.

As I recall, Nolan wasn't fired back then.

He was offered a 1 year contract by our new GM (who shall still remain nameless).  The reining Coach of the Year told him to shove it.

Since we are talking about Nolan in this thread ... I'm with d4rk.

Prove it. What color shoes is he wearing?

Let it go man. let it go.

Nice try.  I'll but you can do better than that. Don't hold it back anymore.

Huh.  I thought for sure that all caps and an exclamation point would be using his native language.  Maybe you should try a youtube vid.

Aww I love you too.

Instead of trading all the hot goalies, Murray should have fired Irbe. He may be the real long term gem on the staff.

If 3 (or 4) goalies all perform over their heads for extended periods of time with Irbe as goalie coach,  you can start calling that a trend and not a coincidence.

Is he the goalie whisperer?

God its looking like it.  Need to get some duct tape for the next 4 weeks and then apologize profusely...  Use to know some guys that could make him disappear indefinitely, but not sure that is what we want.

Honestly, I have a very firm belief in what will happen, but I won't jinx us. I'm not a big believer in karma, I think if you're not a dick then people aren't a dick towards you, pretty simple, but if any sports city has ever accumulated enough misfortune to be rewarded with some luck when we need it, it's Buffalo (sorry Cleveland, you got LeBron back).

Finish 29th, finish 30th, don't matter folks, it's our turn to celebrate something in this city. 2015 will be one helluva year  :beer:  :thumbsup:

Honestly, I have a very firm belief in what will happen, but I won't jinx us. I'm not a big believer in karma, I think if you're not a dick then people aren't a dick towards you, pretty simple, but if any sports city has ever accumulated enough misfortune to be rewarded with some luck when we need it, it's Buffalo (sorry Cleveland, you got LeBron back).

Finish 29th, finish 30th, don't matter folks, it's our turn to celebrate something in this city. 2015 will be one helluva year :beer: :thumbsup:

I have avoided posting in this thread like one would avoid the plague. I am no fan of last place. I respect the opinions here and understand. As you may interpret from my avatar that I am no stranger to bad hockey and losing in general. Buffalo sports has been served rotten eggs for years. If karma does exist then we will be first in line for the reward. IMO keep trying to win. Eff losing. If it's meant to be then it will happen. We will not mention what we both believe will happen. Being the biggest loser isn't necessary.

I have avoided posting in this thread like one would avoid the plague. I am no fan of last place. I respect the opinions here and understand. As you may interpret from my avatar that I am no stranger to bad hockey and losing in general. Buffalo sports has been served rotten eggs for years. If karma does exist then we will be first in line for the reward. IMO keep trying to win. Eff losing. If it's meant to be then it will happen. We will not mention what we both believe will happen. Being the biggest loser isn't necessary.

Neither is being a bigger loser than the biggest loser, which is what we'll be by not landing one of the top two prizes. 

GO SABRES!!!

I still refuse to take a pessimistic stance in this thread...so here's some glass half full thoughts for today..

As of today for all intents and purposes the Sabres are one of only three teams left with a real shot at the shart. 27 other teams eliminated from the McEichel derby. 12 games left and in the lead, I'll take it.

If the Sabres end up picking third, they will have the opportunity to grab two of the top four offensive prospects from the last two drafts if they so choose. Hardly the end of the world.

I still refuse to take a pessimistic stance in this thread...so here's some glass half full thoughts for today..

As of today for all intents and purposes the Sabres are one of only three teams left with a real shot at the shart. 27 other teams eliminated from the McEichel derby. 12 games left and in the lead, I'll take it.

If the Sabres end up picking third, they will have the opportunity to grab two of the top four offensive prospects from the last two drafts if they so choose. Hardly the end of the world.

this reminded me of something... but not a youtube video...

"And whether or not it is clear to you,

no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,

whatever you conceive Him to be.

And whatever your labors and aspirations,

in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams,

it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy."

Edited by Ligerovich 4GM

this reminded me of something... but not a youtube video...

"And whether or not it is clear to you,

no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore be at peace with God,

whatever you conceive Him to be.

And whatever your labors and aspirations,

in the noisy confusion of life, keep peace in your soul.

With all its sham, drudgery and broken dreams,

it is still a beautiful world. Be cheerful. Strive to be happy."

It's killing you isn't it?!!

Not a youtube video and posting happy happy thoughts..... you're killing me softly with those words.....