Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Yes yes, and when we wont 10/13 everyone thought we were drafting 9th. R-E-L-A-X :)

Aren't you getting scared yet? 12 games left is a very small sample size where lots of fluky things can happen, Zona has 3 goals in their last 5 games, and look at their remaining schedule, and look at the goaltending we're getting. Is it really unreasonable to get worried now?

Aren't you getting scared yet? 12 games left is a very small sample size where lots of fluky things can happen, Zona has 3 goals in their last 5 games, and look at their remaining schedule, and look at the goaltending we're getting. Is it really unreasonable to get worried now?

Take your very statement, and apply it a bit more optimistically--to Arizona and Edmonton. They can get fluky wins too.

And it's not unreasonable to be worried...it's unreasonable to freak out :)

Im tired of hearing how great a job Nolan is doing. A great job is DFL OR PLAYOFFS. EVERYTHING ELSE IS VANITY.

Where are you hearing that?  Everyone here is either bashing him, neutral, or d4rksabre.

Edited by Eleven

Current standings through games played 3/17.

Team         GP  L  W OT PT MPP PR RPTC CPM

Buffalo      70 43 20  7 93 117 24 22   18.7

Edmonton     70 39 19 12 90 114 24 25   14.0

Arizona      70 41 21  8 90 114 24 25   12.4

Toronto      71 38 27  6 82 104 24 33    8.6

Carolina     69 34 26  9 77 103 26 38    8.0

Columbus     69 35 30  4 72  98 26 43    8.5

CPM = per sportsclubstats.com and lottery weighting - last updated 3/10 in AM

Sabres leave 2 on the table in Baaaah-stan and Candy Canes leave 1 on the table as well.

BJ's in Euler-land only CHL action Wednesday night.

Edited by Taro T

Take your very statement, and apply it a bit more optimistically--to Arizona and Edmonton. They can get fluky wins too.

And it's not unreasonable to be worried...it's unreasonable to freak out :)

The thing is, I've streamed every one of these two teams' last 10 games. Every one. I don't believe they can come close to eking out loser points and wins the way we can. We are playing loads better than they are, and are getting very good goaltending. Looking at schedules makes it even worse, as they are in the midst of (Edmonton) or already finishing (Zona) their easy stretches. We've gained 11 points on Arizona in a short amount of time and they're the closest they've been to us since the 14 game losing streak. I'm terrified and can't even imagine how you can smile like that. : P 

MOTHER !

Did ANDERS LINDBACK just pitch a .978 against 44 shots and stop three in the shootout?

Did a team that is 7-1-2 in their last 10 just fail to score on the worst team in a century except for a flukey bouce?

ARE YOU HAPPY GOD!!!! DOES THIS AMUSE YOU!!!!! IS MY PAIN THE SOURCE OF YOUR OMNIPOTENT POWER?!?!?

yes. Start Hackett problem solved..

While I firmly believe in the tank.  The tank starts with the owner and ends with the GM.  The coach and the players must not participate in the tank. They would be playing to lose which is a form of cheating.  The GM designs a team so it will win the CHL.  The coach and the players must play as well and as hard as they can at all times.  If they lose the CHL so be it.

I don't think Hackett would matter.  Lindback was supposed to be the sieve that we needed.  Yet he's playing out of his mind.

I'm very concerned that we're blowing it at this point.  We don't suffer through a season like this for anybody other than McEichel.  What a waste if that happens.

Where are you hearing that?  Everyone here is either bashing him, neutral, or d4rksabre.

You didn't watch NBCSN? They were effusive in their praise.

While I firmly believe in the tank.  The tank starts with the owner and ends with the GM.  The coach and the players must not participate in the tank. They would be playing to lose which is a form of cheating.  The GM designs a team so it will win the CHL.  The coach and the players must play as well and as hard as they can at all times.  If they lose the CHL so be it.

I don't think Hackett would matter.  Lindback was supposed to be the sieve that we needed.  Yet he's playing out of his mind.

I'm very concerned that we're blowing it at this point.  We don't suffer through a season like this for anybody other than McEichel.  What a waste if that happens.

hackett hasn't seen a shot fired in anger in over a week. Nolan said he was playing the hot hand. Why? Play em all. And if you don't think Tippett isn't following orders your dreaming.

I cut the cord last week.  There is no more cable in this house.  I watched the first two periods at a restaurant (without sound, though) and listened to the third on the way home.  OT and SO, I listened to at home.

hackett hasn't seen a shot fired in anger in over a week. Nolan said he was playing the hot hand. Why? Play em all. And if you don't think Tippett isn't following orders your dreaming.

Both NBC and NHL network heaped tons of praise on Nolan the past few nights.

I cut the cord last week.  There is no more cable in this house.  I watched the first two periods at a restaurant (without sound, though) and listened to the third on the way home.  OT and SO, I listened to at home.

Then you missed the source of my ire

I would agree Nolan deserves to be fired if we lose this thing. He was originally fired because he couldn't work with management in the past and he's repeating himself yet again. Management and coach should have a unified vision and Nolan's off doing his own thing. If not now, he's going to be a liability in the future.

That got depressing real quick  :(  :cry:

Thank God for PBR  :beer:

I'm about to whiskey-up. 

I really really wish I could have been impressed by Anders' game, but every time i see Nolan get a win on the back of a great Goalie performance with a poorly choreographed toddler dance recital in front of it, it just makes me more angry that people actually think he can coach NHL hockey.

So wide-right, then no-goal, then Music City Miracle, then Noah Hanifin? Am I doing Buffalo sports right? :P

Well, maybe.  Or maybe Lindback is the new Hasek.

Relax.  Try to breathe through your nose.

Magic Numbers for games played through 3/17 (25 days left in the regular season)

Columbus - 8

Carolina - 11

Toronto - 12

Arizona, Edmonton - 22

Nashville, Montreal, NY Islanders, Anaheim, NY Rangers, Tampa Bay, Detroit, St Louis, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Washington, Minnesota, Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Los Angeles, Boston, San Jose, Dallas, Ottawa, Florida, Colorado, Philadelphia, New Jersey - Clinched

New Jersey clinched tonight. Nobody can clinch for the next two days at least.

Current worst case: 6.5% (7th place) in the lottery