Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Up late... Just saw a Habs fan tweet the following...

I am going to laugh so hard if the Sabres fail to complete the tank. Is there anything this franchise ever succeeds at?

We're being laughed at because we can't even lose properly. Please prove them wrong tomorrow with a nice fat shutout. Leafs NHL wins 8-0 or something. Save us.

I am going to laugh so hard if the Sabres fail to complete the tank. Is there anything this franchise ever succeeds at?

We're being laughed at because we can't even lose properly. Please prove them wrong tomorrow with a nice fat shutout. Leafs NHL wins 8-0 or something. Save us.

I'm at the game tonight and ask that we keep more 2-0 please.

You are sweating a little. You know it. KNOW it. C'mon. Admit it. Read IKP last two posts again. You're nervous. :P

I'm only nervous when I'm sober :D

Since you're so sure we're going to blow this, how about a good ol' fashioned avatar bet? Winner gets to pick the other's avatar from the end of the season until the draft (or until the season starts).

@BuffNewsVogl: Just got interesting email from fired-up Sabres season-ticket holder. Excerpt to follow:

@BuffNewsVogl: "For two years we were polite, did not boo, etc. because we realized we could get some great talent in the draft to move forward .." (1)

@BuffNewsVogl: "Now Nolan and these players are acting like they are in the Stanley Cup Finals (one down six more wins to go -- REALLY?)." (2)

@BuffNewsVogl: "They are kicking the fans in the groin. If they blow this opportunity for McDavid or Eichel, the fans will not forget and will not forgive"

Yep.

No doubt about it that emailer above is our very own Angry 11.

It is not me.  It could have been, but it is not.

Also, I'll boo a good team when it's performing poorly; I won't boo a bunch of guys who are trying their best.

@BuffNewsVogl: Just got interesting email from fired-up Sabres season-ticket holder. Excerpt to follow:

@BuffNewsVogl: "For two years we were polite, did not boo, etc. because we realized we could get some great talent in the draft to move forward .." (1)

@BuffNewsVogl: "Now Nolan and these players are acting like they are in the Stanley Cup Finals (one down six more wins to go -- REALLY?)." (2)

@BuffNewsVogl: "They are kicking the fans in the groin. If they blow this opportunity for McDavid or Eichel, the fans will not forget and will not forgive"

If that came from someone identified as Anonymous, wearing a Guy Fawkes mask, I'd be scared. As it is, if the Sabres put a winning product on the ice next year (McEichel or not), fans will be in the seats.

If that came from someone identified as Anonymous, wearing a Guy Fawkes mask, I'd be scared. As it is, if the Sabres put a winning product on the ice next year (McEichel or not), fans will be in the seats.

Inky?

Since you're so sure we're going to blow this, how about a good ol' fashioned avatar bet? Winner gets to pick the other's avatar from the end of the season until the draft (or until the season starts).

Not biting. Paranoia =/= giving up.

Fans will forgive the team when they start winning next year, but this group is really pushing their luck with this "goal" of ruining the tank.  6 wins does absolutely nothing but hurt this franchise.  Whether you are pro-tank or anti, that's the absolute truth.  It's also a giant F you to the fan base.  Try to win because you are a professional, not to screw over Pegula, Murray and your fans. 

Fans will forgive the team when they start winning next year, but this group is really pushing their luck with this "goal" of ruining the tank.  6 wins does absolutely nothing but hurt this franchise.  Whether you are pro-tank or anti, that's the absolute truth.  It's also a giant F you to the fan base.  Try to win because you are a professional, not to screw over Pegula, Murray and your fans. 

Don't blame the players, blame the bullshiz plan to tank. If I was on this team and told that I was on it because I sucked and therefore the team will suck and as soon as the team gets better I am off the team including the coach, you can be damn sure I'm giving a big FU back.

That's why a plan to tank is really effin stupid. Why should any of the people directly involved in making a tank happen give a rats ass about the long term benefit to the team if they are not a part of it? Why should any of them give a rats ass about a fan base that cheers them losing when it will most likely be a different fan base cheering for them soon?

Luckily it doesn't matter because it was never about getting just one player. :devil:

Don't blame the players, blame the bullshiz plan to tank. If I was on this team and told that I was on it because I sucked and therefore the team will suck and as soon as the team gets better I am off the team including the coach, you can be damn sure I'm giving a big FU back.

That's why a plan to tank is really effin stupid. Why should any of the people directly involved in making a tank happen give a rats ass about the long term benefit to the team if they are not a part of it? Why should any of them give a rats ass about a fan base that cheers them losing when it will most likely be a different fan base cheering for them soon?

Luckily it doesn't matter because it was never about getting just one player. :devil:

Can't we blame both?

I can really see a GM on another team looking at a Sabre player and saying: well, that player really sucked all season but they sure did put in a good last 6 games of the season.  I'm going to sign them up.

There are a lot a people someone could be mad at for where this team is right now. The current players on the team are nowhere near that list.

So any player who has underperformed this year bares no blame whatsoever?  I can think of a thread on here that has been renamed about 85 times that should be deleted if that is indeed the case.