Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

I feel better about it, but we're not out of the woods yet.   ARI (and EDM) have difficult schedules down the stretch while BUF plays ARI, CBJ, TOR and CAR.   I could see BUF getting at most another 10 NHL points, unlikely, but possible if a goalie heats up?    

The second ARI game is just as important as the first was.    Ennis' status is also a huge deal.   I love the guy and don't want him hurt, but it will help if he misses the next 2 games.

I agree we're not out of the woods, and I was definitely worried about strength of schedule a few weeks ago too.  But look at what has happened since: San Jose is basically out of the playoffs; they will have nothing to play for and could be in a major slide by the time Arizona plays them.  Arizona finishes the season with Anaheim, which could well have clinched by then.  Calgary is good but beatable; Vancouver, same thing, and Arizona has played them tough all year.  Arizona could win any of their remaining games. 

They would probably have to lose the rest of their games to win the Shart, and I don't think that is too likely, the way they are playing all of a sudden.  As long as Buffalo avoids a winning streak, we should be in good shape for the Shart.

Edited by Sabrestrike

This is interesting

@ByTimGraham: Pssssst: I'm even pro-tank. RT @buffaloexplorer I thought your story was completely objective and thoroughly researched. Odd.

Graham is a good writer; he gets pissed on on Twitter, and he shoots back with what he thinks are snappy comments.

Sometimes, the comments really are snappy and he is funny.  Other times, his comments fall flat.

This one appears to have fallen flat.

Edited by Eleven

Graham is a good writer; he gets pissed on on Twitter, and he shoots back with what he thinks are snappy comments.

Sometimes, the comments really are snappy and he is funny. Other times, his comments fall flat.

This one appears to have fallen flat.

I don't think he was snapping or anything. He was taking a compliment and adding that he actually has an opinion on something somebody believes was objective.

Graham is a good writer, but his comments occasionally go too far. Taking on the entire Kelly family was an example on his Bon Jovi story... Insinuating that Jim and Jill don't communicate with each other on important stuff.

Magic Numbers for games played through 3/27 (15 days left in the regular season)

Now featuring the best NHL record the team can finish with while still finishing behind these teams:

Toronto - 4 (6-2-0)

Edmonton - 8 (4-3-1)

Arizona - 11 (3-5-0)

Nashville, Montreal, NY Islanders, Anaheim, NY Rangers, Tampa Bay, Detroit, St Louis, Pittsburgh, Chicago, Washington, Minnesota, Vancouver, Calgary, Winnipeg, Los Angeles, Boston, San Jose, Dallas, Ottawa, Florida, Colorado, Philadelphia, New Jersey, Columbus, Carolina - Clinched

Nobody clinched tonight. Toronto can clinch tomorrow.

Current worst case: 8.5% (5th place) in the lottery

Gosh, EDM is going to play themselves out of even the top 3rd pick. They in the least need Hanifin and it looks like they're going to lose him. I guess this is why this team is in perpetual purgatory.

No. They are in perpetual purgatory because the ONLY way they know how to acquire talent is with their 1st pick in the draft.

Who doesn't love the week Derek Roy has had.

Everyone grab the nearest sausage out of respect.

Lol, too funny!

Gosh, EDM is going to play themselves out of even the top 3rd pick. They in the least need Hanifin and it looks like they're going to lose him. I guess this is why this team is in perpetual purgatory.

But they can still win the lottery.

Gees, I wonder what team wins it. Talk about lucky bass turds

Current standings through games played 3/27.

Team         GP  L  W OT PT MPP PR RPTC M# CPM

Buffalo      74 46 20  8 100 116 16 11   10 19.8

Arizona      75 45 22  8  96 110 14 15   21 13.0

Edmonton     75 40 22 13  93 107 14 18   24 12.2

Toronto      75 42 27  6  90 104 14 21   27 9.5

Carolina     73 36 27 10  82 100 18 --       8.6

Columbus     74 35 35  4  74  90 16 --       6.8

CPM per sportsclubstats.com and lottery weighting - last updated 3/26 in AM

Eulers and BJ's both left 2 points on the table last night as we start to see separation in all the slots. When factoring in tiebreakers, Sabres no longer have to be better than 0.500 to lock up Hannifan as 3-4-1 gets that done. 5-3-0 locks up McEichel.

The 4 that didn't play last night are in action tonight. No potential 1 pointers. IF Sabres take 2 in each of their next 4, they will be champions.

Edited by Taro T