Current Carrion Hockey League Standings

Taro T

Good Lord, the pessimism around here is truly palpable. On paper, the Sabres shouldn't have a chance of picking any points up tonight. They're w/in striking distance of 1-2. IF they get a point or 2, it's gravy. If not, take care of business in 4 of 5 and it doesn't matter what the DD's do.

That's the point - they're not taking care of business anywhere near as well as Arizona is. Assuming a (NHL) win here, who'd you rather be, in light of current level of play and schedule, Ari or Buf?

That's the point - they're not taking care of business anywhere near as well as Arizona is. Assuming a (NHL) win here, who'd you rather be, in light of current level of play and schedule, Ari or Buf?

Buffalo, easily. There are 5 games left, 3 of those against playoff teams and one of those against a team that has went 9-1 in their past 10. We have to win one, AND go into overtime to not be in last. And, and everyone seems to discount this, Arizona has to go 0-5 to do this; I'll be shocked if they go through the weekend without picking up any points. 

I get it, 3Putt. I'm a fan. I'll buy into either plan - best possible OR DFL. It's the execution that's driving me batty. Which failed strategy was it? We kept a coah and made no moves during a 14 game losing streak NHL!). We dumped roster players for picks and an injured reserve guy. After game ten, this season was all about DFL or major moves to get better fast. No moves were made. I'm certain an historic run to 29 was never articulated. Who didn't execute?

Brb, self medicating. I had GMTM on a pedestal. I now have him on the watch list.

Edited by Neokolai Gogol

We all knew that game was a loss, anything other than that would have been a pleasant surprise. We still have the same amount of games left, the worse team, a hard schedule, and we're leading the league. It may not be as nice as it was a week ago, but we're not in a bad position by any stretch. 

Sabres.

There are 20 points left available, and the Sabres only need 8 of them. 4-1-0 gets it done regardless of what the DD's do. Any points by them is that much more breathing room for the Sabres.

We all knew that game was a loss, anything other than that would have been a pleasant surprise. We still have the same amount of games left, the worse team, a hard schedule, and we're leading the league. It may not be as nice as it was a week ago, but we're not in a bad position by any stretch. 

The Sabres completely whooped Arizona a couple nights ago.  We aren't the worse team post-trade deadline.

I don't think we have the worst team NOR the harder schedule. (Lol, NHL speak, again) Edited by Neokolai Gogol

I have finally decided what my feelings are on this whole crap team that lost every game in the month of January when it mattered.  If we don't get McEichel we'll be both bad AND boring which is the worst combination possible.  Because watching more of the crap we saw 90% of the season sucks I'll be forced to ignore the Sabres for three plus years because the rebuild is going to take forever and be no fun to watch.  Call me a fair weather fan but when a crap team suddenly wins a few meaningless games because they are offended that a few fans, out of desperation, start rooting to get the great player they haven't had in forever I lose interest.  The only thing interesting about the Sabres right now is HOPE which is about to be dashed because, as Buffalo sports fans, we know if it is not a sure thing we will never get lucky in the lottery!  And don't talk to me about professional pride...where was it in January.  Team is a bunch of losers and I hope Murray trades every one of them to Arizona except the rookies.  It is just not fair if Darcy Regier gets the first or second pick after destroying the Sabres the past decade and creating the need for a tank in the first place!   

I believe we have the easier schedule and Arizona has the harder schedule (NHL), respectfully, and solely for clarity.

I get that, and I agree with you. My point is, we need to do better than Arizona, not just as bad, and that's hard to do because we also have a hard schedule.

This is why you don't waste three years of your life on the tank. Most of the time, for one reason or another, it doesn't work.

Does anyone here doubt that the Sabres are going to blow this? We are looking at the number three pick, best case.

What a ridiculous freaking waste of time and money.

This is why you don't waste three years of your life on the tank. Most of the time, for one reason or another, it doesn't work.

Does anyone here doubt that the Sabres are going to blow this? We are looking at the number three pick, best case.

I do

My god is it going to get ugly around this team WHEN they blow this.....

Fans haven't had anything to get excited about for what feels like forever, and just when it finally looks like there is some light at the end of the tunnel they suddenly decide they are all proud and full of character.

Whatever. Last season I honestly couldn't have told you who/when they played or where they stood in the league. I could not have cared less, and that's where I go back to now that they have taken away the only thing there was to get excited for.

I don't think they'll blow it, but if they do it wasn't a waste in any way, shape or form.