Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Well, I don't particularly like Kessel, but I would do this in a heartbeat.  I have to believe the price will be significantly higher -- i.e. it will have to include a good roster player.

Maybe someone would pay it, but I've seen no evidence you can build a team by paying Kessel, Kessel-money for Kessel enigmas.

Why would Buffalo want to follow a failed model.

Maybe someone would pay it, but I've seen no evidence you can build a team by paying Kessel, Kessel-money for Kessel enigmas.

Why would Buffalo want to follow a failed model.

For a one dimensional player. Mind you that one dimension contains a lot of goals but...

I'd rather aquire a player like Kessel through free agency so we wouldn't have to sell the farm. But that ain't happening so...

I stuck with the teams in Eleven's post; if I were to make my own, it'd be: ###### Toronto, Dallas, Carolina, Boston, Ottawa, Philly, Washington, NJ, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Edmonton, NY (Rangers), and Montreal.

Your Venn diagram of hate fits nicely inside mine.

I'm sorry, but only Russians are allowed to be enigmas.

Troof.  All others are either "lazy," "streaky," or, in the case of Europeans,  "have trouble adapting to the North American game."

Edited by IKnowPhysics

For a one dimensional player. Mind you that one dimension contains a lot of goals but...

I'd rather aquire a player like Kessel through free agency so we wouldn't have to sell the farm. But that ain't happening so...

Pretty much how I feel about Kessel.  Kane has a two way game and an output that is within Patrick Kane's net shot put  while playing a more aggressive style.  Kessel scores well and can skate with speed.  

Kessel and the Queefs. There is no way in heck that I would trade with the Queefs or Chowdaheads if I was GMTM. Regardless of the perceived value. I'd like to have Malcom Subban but I couldn't bring myself to trade with a hated rival. GMTM gives no though so I guess we wait and see.

###### Kessel and ###### the Queefs. There is no way in heck that I would trade with the Queefs or Chowdaheads if I was GMTM. Regardless of the perceived value. I'd like to have Malcom Subban but I couldn't bring myself to trade with a hated rival. GMTM gives no ###### though so I guess we wait and see.

Well this is just silly.

What is everyone's issue with Kessel?  You guys don't want a blazing fast forward with a sick shot because he's a fat hobbit caveman?  I can understand taking issue with his contract, but little else.

I don't like his purse.

I know I have mentioned this before but Kessel owns a home 10 minutes from me. My son works at a restaurant he goes to all the time. One of my friends did his landscaping. Another friend of mine is a fishing captain who has fished him and a few other of Kessels friends for Tarpon. They all say at first he was kind of a douche. Then once he got to know you he is awseome.

The cost to get him would be way to high. I will tell you that he told my son (who openly told him the Sabres were his team and he hated the Leafs) that he woyld love to play in Buffalo. Said it is a great town with great fans.

That's a cool story.  I still don't like his purse.

If I were the leafs and I were trading Kessel to Buffalo... Zemgus, Risto, Something either Hodgson or a Prospect like Baptiste, and a 1st.  If I were Tim Murray I would not do that deal.  Phil Kessel is worth more currently than Evander Kane and that deal took a quite a few large pieces. 

Only way i want kessel coming ot buffalo if the leafs buy him out :p

It just isn't happening the price tag would be way to high on this one.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.