Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

@TheFourthPeriod: 20 scouts/mgmt guys repping 14 teams for FLA/TOR tonight: MIN (2), LA, MTL (5), CHI (2), EDM, BOS, STL, OTT, WPG, CAR, DAL, VAN, COL, NAS

Buffalo not the there.

That's a few more than at the Sabres Game Tonight 

Tom Gulitti ‏@TGfireandice  3h

You can't even drag scouts to tonight's Devils-Sabres game.. Only two listed on press box seating chart: Rangers, Washington.

Edited by BRAWNDO

That's a few more than it the Sabres Game Tonight

Tom Gulitti@TGfireandice 3h

3 hours ago

You can't even drag scouts to tonight's Devils-Sabres game.. Only two listed on press box seating chart: Rangers, Washington.

I know I've seen reports that teams are frustrated with the Devils because they want to get a look at Michael Ryder but he's been a healthy scratch for a while. Everybody knows what they're going to get in Jagr. Have to think everybody has the Sabres scouted up pretty well, too.

So what do we think of the Bruins trying to tried Seidenberg and Ericsson to clear capspace for another move?

If the Sabres are going to help out Boston with Salary Cap Issues, they will need something else in return such as Subban, but I seriously doubt that will happen on Boston's End

Edited by BRAWNDO

I'd much rather have Seidenberg.

A Seidenberg Bogo combo would eat up a lot of minutes.

Weber and Gorges can support the kids, and we've got a decent D corps.

It was reported this morning that there's no way they're dumping Seidenberg. They'd be stupid to. What, with the decline/injuries of Chara and losing Boychuk, they need SOMEBODY to play defense.

LeBrun says that Murray is asking for a second and a prospect for Stewart and it's likely he'll be "proven right" in not dealing him before the season for the offers he had. Said he expected him to be a Sabre until deadline day. Thinks the Bruins will circle back but they're "not alone."

I would love Eriksson. He has had 3 - 70+ point seasons. He would easily be our #1 right winger. Just needs a change of scenery. Take Eriksson, Seindenberg and Subban for Stewart and a d or a pick. We will take on the salaries that boston wants gone.

Unless that D is named Risto or Zadorov I'm not sure Boston even picks up the phone for that offer.

It was reported this morning that there's no way they're dumping Seidenberg. They'd be stupid to. What, with the decline/injuries of Chara and losing Boychuk, they need SOMEBODY to play defense.

I read this morning that what they're making room for may be a defenseman, perhaps Yandle.

I think Mikhail Grigorenko may be gone at the deadline. Somehow I can see Murray packaging him in a deal for a RW.

For what reason? Why would he do that deal at the deadline? Teams aren't going to focus on dumping salary at the deadline... This isn't the NBA.

For what reason? Why would he do that deal at the deadline? Teams aren't going to focus on dumping salary at the deadline... This isn't the NBA.

That's cute, glad I mentioned dumping salary in my originial post, or hinted at it, or mentioned anything about it.

What's the NBA?

Simply put I think that Mikhail Grigorenko is the type of player included in a deal (with other larger pieces) to get us a RW and I could see Murray doing that at the deadline.

That's cute, glad I mentioned dumping salary in my originial post, or hinted at it, or mentioned anything about it.

What's the NBA?

Simply put I think that Mikhail Grigorenko is the type of player included in a deal (with other larger pieces) to get us a RW and I could see Murray doing that at the deadline.

I'm coming around to this, especially since I am struggling in the "next year's roster" thread finding a place for Grigorenko. There is an obvious talent gap at RW, and Grigo could be the piece that lands GMTM a first line RW to pair with Kane and McEichel.

What's the NBA?

I think Tank's point is that playoff teams aren't going to trade good players at the deadline, because they need those players for the playoffs.

Now, a non-playoff team could be auctioning off assets at the deadline, and the Sabres could win that auction, and Griggy could be included in that winning bid -- but that would be an unusual situation, especially because the RW in question would need to be under contract for a decent period of time in order for the Sabres to be interested (unless the RW agreed to an extension as part of the deal, which is possible although again unusual).

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.