Trade speculation 2014-15

Hoss

Elliot Friedman seems to be insinuating that the Bruins may showcase Malcolm Subban in Edmonton. He's a huge piece if the Bruins decide to make a run at Hall/RNH/Eberle/Yakupov. He's probably got more value than Yak straight up. The other three not so much.

I know I have mentioned this before but Kessel owns a home 10 minutes from me. My son works at a restaurant he goes to all the time. One of my friends did his landscaping. Another friend of mine is a fishing captain who has fished him and a few other of Kessels friends for Tarpon. They all say at first he was kind of a douche. Then once he got to know you he is awseome.

The cost to get him would be way to high. I will tell you that he told my son (who openly told him the Sabres were his team and he hated the Leafs) that he woyld love to play in Buffalo. Said it is a great town with great fans.

What is everyone's issue with Kessel?  You guys don't want a blazing fast forward with a sick shot because he's a fat hobbit caveman?  I can understand taking issue with his contract, but little else.

The fact that he doesnt give one $hit doesnt concern you? Sabres will still be 3 years away from being a cup contender at the minimum. Look at him at 27 - you can't tell me his weight and conditioning wont be an issue when he is 30 and you still have 4 years on his contract. NO THANK YOU!

To do the Leaves the favor of taking that contract off their hands? Not much. One of Pysyk/Baptiste/Bailey and a late 1st/2nd. I'm no GM, but I'd call it fair. Maybe we're even getting fleeced.

Gonna cost a lot more than this. He has a bad contract yeah but he's still a good player at a young age. They're not gonna trade him for te sake of his contract alone

The fact that he doesnt give one $hit doesnt concern you? Sabres will still be 3 years away from being a cup contender at the minimum. Look at him at 27 - you can't tell me his weight and conditioning wont be an issue when he is 30 and you still have 4 years on his contract. NO THANK YOU!

He's been on the rudderless joke of the Leafs for a long time.  He needs a change of scenery, whatever.  And if that's how good he plays while not being in shape, I definitely want him.

Gonna cost a lot more than this. He has a bad contract yeah but he's still a good player at a young age. They're not gonna trade him for te sake of his contract alone

You might be right, I'm not sure how exactly money retention on contracts works.  I'd still trade Grigorenko, a late 1st, and 2 of Pysyk/Baptiste/Bailey/Fasching for him.

He's been on the rudderless joke of the Leafs for a long time.  He needs a change of scenery, whatever.  And if that's how good he plays while not being in shape, I definitely want him.

You might be right, I'm not sure how exactly money retention on contracts works.  I'd still trade Grigorenko, a late 1st, and 2 of Pysyk/Baptiste/Bailey/Fasching for him.

Thank God, you are not running the team. In 3 years it would go down as one of the worst trades in NHL history.

\Funny I thought the Leafs were the change of scenery he needed when he was in Boston?

If I were the leafs and I were trading Kessel to Buffalo... Zemgus, Risto, Something either Hodgson or a Prospect like Baptiste, and a 1st.  If I were Tim Murray I would not do that deal.  Phil Kessel is worth more currently than Evander Kane and that deal took a quite a few large pieces. 

Thank God, you are not running the team. In 3 years it would go down as one of the worst trades in NHL history.

\Funny I thought the Leafs were the change of scenery he needed when he was in Boston?

To the bolded: Probably not, compared to the other trades I'd make if I was running the team :lol:

And I'd say that change of scenery went pretty well for him.  He hasn't been below 30 goals once since then (excluding the lockout season and we'll see about this season).

Hodgson needed a change of scenery.

sizzle how do you really feel about Hodgson?

If I were the leafs and I were trading Kessel to Buffalo... Zemgus, Risto, Something either Hodgson or a Prospect like Baptiste, and a 1st.  If I were Tim Murray I would not do that deal.  Phil Kessel is worth more currently than Evander Kane and that deal took a quite a few large pieces. 

Evander Kane was had for Armia, Leueimeuixiux, Stafford, and a 1st.  I guess we'll see.

I am not a Phil Kessel fan, but the man is an elite NHL goal scorer.

To us he's probably not worth the price he'll eventually fetch because he's probably too old for our window.

But of course you kick the tires.

qwk's offer is not much different than what we got for Pominville and he is a better player than JP.

I'd still trade Grigorenko, a late 1st, and 2 of Pysyk/Baptiste/Bailey/Fasching for him.

Well, I don't particularly like Kessel, but I would do this in a heartbeat.  I have to believe the price will be significantly higher -- i.e. it will have to include a good roster player.

###### every other team to varying degrees. Every single one of 'em. No McEichel in the east other than Buffalo...you're crazy if you'd like to see that happen.

I know, I don't know what's going on here. You'd think the NHL was a charity organization based on some of the talk here.

They are, but their trade partner is not. It is well known Boston wants a RHS on offence for a playoff run.

They can get one without shipping out Subban. There's zero urgency for that deal on their part. It COULD happen but I would be shocked.

The Bruins will likely go for a rental.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.