GDT: Columbus vs Buffalo, 7pm

wjag

I'm kinda hoping every thread this season -- especially the GDTs -- doesn't turn into a "tank vs don't tank" discussion.

Despite our starkly different positions on the tank, I agree. The GDT is the place to discuss the game, not season-long implications/goals. If March rolls around and we're DFL I think that changes things, but until then, I think the GDT should have an armistice attached to it.

I'm kinda hoping every thread this season -- especially the GDTs -- doesn't turn into a "tank vs don't tank" discussion.

Game on! I'm looking forward to seeing Enroth, Gorges, Myers, Risto, Benoit, Reinhart, Ennis, Moulson, Stewart, and Zemgus.

Go Sabres.

See the tank is 1/2 over thread. i have pledged and called on others to keep the tank debate out of the game day threads and confine it to that thread only for the season. At the end of the day we are all Sabres fans even if we disagree on the best long term plan for winning a Cup. I don't want to ruin other fans' enjoyment by always being a downer in the game thread.

I'm sorry (OK, not really), but this tank talk is utterly ridiculous.

I'm tired of Buffalo being the laughing stock.

I'm tired of "fans" hoping for their team to lose in order to get a *chance* at a #1 draft pick.

I'm tired of losing.

GO SABRES!!!!

Agreed. The whole thing about a top pick meaning we win the Cup in a few years is as big a straw man as there is.

There is a lot of upcoming youth in the organization and a handful of good vets. Let's drop the tank talk and win some games boys!

I'm sorry (OK, not really), but this tank talk is utterly ridiculous.

I'm tired of Buffalo being the laughing stock.

I'm tired of "fans" hoping for their team to lose in order to get a *chance* at a #1 draft pick.

I'm tired of losing.

GO SABRES!!!!

One thing I am not tired of is your avatar.

I am so ready for hockey,

See the tank is 1/2 over thread. i have pledged and called on others to keep the tank debate out of the game day threads and confine it to that thread only for the season. At the end of the day we are all Sabres fans even if we disagree on the best long term plan for winning a Cup. I don't want to ruin other fans' enjoyment by always being a downer in the game thread.

Well said.

Of course, when people like Campy decide to post the same tired strawman about pro-tank arguments, I make no promises about maintaining the silence.

Of course, when people like Campy decide to post the same tired strawman about pro-tank arguments, I make no promises about maintaining the silence.

Fair enough, but if everyone is determined to get the last word in, we aren't going to have enjoyable GDTs. They will be more like STDs.

Fair enough, but if everyone is determined to get the last word in, we aren't going to have enjoyable GDTs. They will be more like STDs.

It's not about the last word, it's about total BS being thrown my way. At least he didn't call me a fake fan, I guess. As you said, the tank stuff should be left out, and that includes ###### like he just posted.

I don't think you know what "strawman" means.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see what Johansen looks like without the benefit of a camp. I hope the Sabres keep a body on him and make it a loooong night.

I never want to go into any season hoping or expecting to tank, however, if it becomes blatantly self-evident that the Sabres aren't making the playoffs towards the end of the season I really can't say I'd hope for them to win.

Last year, the Sabre's season was lost within the first 15 games.

I don't want that, I want an entertaining season, but like I said I just want to see what we got before I go in rooting for de tenk.

Here's my ideal:

St. Louis has a string of long-term injuries all year, goalies choke, and get bottom 5 (I know never going to happen), the Islanders bottom 5 (very likely)

and then of course the Sabre's get the 8th seed an go allll the wayy

UNDRESS THE JACKETS!!!!!!

I'll be there and am fired up. No way will I be hoping for a loss tonight - no freakin' way. Buffalo sports has me more fired up recently than I have been in many years and I'm not about to pour water on that. Play hard and show improvement as the season goes on, that's all I want. Sunday, at the Ralph, fegit about it...

I never want to go into any season hoping or expecting to tank, however, if it becomes blatantly self-evident that the Sabres aren't making the playoffs towards the end of the season I really can't say I'd hope for them to win.

Last year, the Sabre's season was lost within the first 15 games.

I don't want that, I want an entertaining season, but like I said I just want to see what we got before I go in rooting for de tenk.

Here's my ideal:

St. Louis has a string of long-term injuries all year, goalies choke, and get bottom 5 (I know never going to happen), the Islanders bottom 5 (very likely)

and then of course the Sabre's get the 8th seed an go allll the wayy

UNDRESS THE JACKETS!!!!!!

Not likely at all.

GDT Tanking Etiquette that I prescribed to last season:

1) Declare desire to tank, if any, before the game starts.

2) Watch and enjoy the game for what it is, as normal. Personally, I not only enjoy watching the kids grow up and play their game, I also enjoy watching teams we hate be embarrassed by a team they think they should beat. Lots of good stuff to keep an eye on.

3) Don't antagonize the non-tankers. To make it through the season, people will need to watch and cope according to their own Sabres religious beliefs.

4) Declare tank victory or defeat tastefully when the game is over. It's perfectly good for the Sabres to win, especially at home against teams we hate. A defeat in battle is not a definitive indicator of defeat in war.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.