GDT: Columbus vs Buffalo, 7pm

wjag

Opening Night Roster 2013: C. McCormick F S. Ott F K. Porter F C. Hodgson F D. Stafford F V. Leino F M. Grigorenko F T. Vanek F Z. Girgensons F P. Kaleta F T. Ennis F B. Flynn F M. Pysyk D M. Weber D C. Ehrhoff D H. Tallinder D R. Ristolainen D T. Myers D R. Miller G

Opening Night Roster 2014: N. DESLAURIERS F T. ENNIS F B. FLYNN F M. FOLIGNO F B. GIONTA F Z. GIRGENSONS F C. HODGSON F C. MCCORMICK F M. MOULSON F S. REINHART F D. STAFFORD F C. STEWART F A. BENOIT D J. GORGES D A. MESZAROS D T. MYERS D R. RISTOLAINEN D M. WEBER D J. Enroth G

Hate, hate, hate the lines. This season my quickly turn into we need a good coach when we get some talent. Nolan may be a leader of men and can push the right buttons but I'm super leery of his talent evaluation \ game strategy.

If Zadorov is really watching the game tonight, shame on everyone at the FN'C.

My reaction was the same. Reinhardt on the top line? Eek.

This is the ideal pro tank approach. We want the team to win. Every night. But if we get to the end of the season and they're DFL? Well it just means we got a desirable outcome anyway.

Yep.

This is a fairly easy micro/macro dichotomy to employ.

In the micro-perspective: If the game's on, or you're in the FNC, or for sure if you're there watching in some other town's barn, then you pull for them as you normally do. You get excited as you normally would. You cheer. Oooh. Ahhh. Allathat. And if they stink it up or get out-classed, then it is NBD.

In the macro-perspective: When the game's not on (which is most of the time), feel free to think and feel and talk and type as a tanker. But no, not ever, roll like a tanker when you're present to cheer your team.

There is no other way.

I know Webers merits, work ethic, etc. and reasons to keep him in the organization.

It am just disappointed he's in the lineup tonight.

Disappointed that Pysyk and McCabe are injured? Or that Zadorov hasn't played well enough to force his way in? Or other?

Me, I like Weber. He's got his limitations, but he's a heart-and-soul, honest-cop-on-the-beat guy who also has the most edge in the top 6. And maybe he'll develop some good chemistry with Risto that will make his decision-making more consistent.

Anyone else a little concerned about Meszaros and Benoit as a pair?

I'm not sure where Nikita should fit in this lineup.

I hope Rienhart and Hodgson can find some chemistry that i haven't seen yet.

The Islanders aren't going to finish last.

They are going to finish 23 and win the lottery for us.

Yes, but I'm confident they'll be better than Tallinder was by the end of last year and McBain was at any time as a Sabre. Benoit played over 20 min per game for a very good team last year and Meszaros has been a good NHL defenseman and should be motivated to earn another NHL contract.

As for Nikita, if either of Benoit or Meszaros (or Weber) falters before Pysyk or McCabe returns, I expect that's when he'll get a shot.

Hate, hate, hate the lines. This season my quickly turn into we need a good coach when we get some talent. Nolan may be a leader of men and can push the right buttons but I'm super leery of his talent evaluation \ game strategy.

If Zadorov is really watching the game tonight, shame on everyone at the FN'C.

Jeez. You really aren't looking forward to seeing the new kid play with the new captain? Or the rock-'em-sock-'em 3rd line with Zemgus, Stewart and Foligno? Or Ennis-Stafford-Moulson, which everyone says is playing with very good chemistry?

I know we're not talking French Connection here, but there are interesting new developments in the top-9 that I am looking forward to.

Yep.

This is a fairly easy micro/macro dichotomy to employ.

In the micro-perspective: If the game's on, or you're in the FNC, or for sure if you're there watching in some other town's barn, then you pull for them as you normally do. You get excited as you normally would. You cheer. Oooh. Ahhh. Allathat. And if they stink it up or get out-classed, then it is NBD.

In the macro-perspective: When the game's not on (which is most of the time), feel free to think and feel and talk and type as a tanker. But no, not ever, roll like a tanker when you're present to cheer your team.

There is no other way.

This is exactly how I approached last year, and I'll approach this year with the same attitude.

Great to finally see a GDT here.

My guess is that all these new parts don't gel well. Think about it. Even in preseason, they barely played together. I'm figuring the chemistry will take a little time. I also know that Columbus seems to have Buffalo's number.

My guess is that all these new parts don't gel well. Think about it. Even in preseason, they barely played together. I'm figuring the chemistry will take a little time. I also know that Columbus seems to have Buffalo's number.

The trick is that we're icing a team similar to the Columbus team that has been beating up on us. We're definitely grittier, and that was what Columbus always broke our spirit with.

This game could end up being a bloodbath for both sides. Which would be entertaining for a season home opener.

Disappointed that Pysyk and McCabe are injured? Or that Zadorov hasn't played well enough to force his way in? Or other

Disappointed as in the time my Grandmother got me a birthday gift, I opened it, and it was the same shirt she gave me the previous 2 birthdays.

I understand why he's in the lineup, but its opening night and I don't feel like eating the brussel sprouts because they are good for me, I want to try them pizza logs.

Disappointed as in the time my Grandmother got me a birthday gift, I opened it, and it was the same shirt she gave me the previous 2 birthdays.

I understand why he's in the lineup, but its opening night and I don't feel like eating the brussel sprouts because they are good for me, I want to try them pizza logs.

Vouldita Pizzarov.

Disappointed that Pysyk and McCabe are injured? Or that Zadorov hasn't played well enough to force his way in? Or other?

Me, I like Weber. He's got his limitations, but he's a heart-and-soul, honest-cop-on-the-beat guy who also has the most edge in the top 6. And maybe he'll develop some good chemistry with Risto that will make his decision-making more consistent.

Yes, but I'm confident they'll be better than Tallinder was by the end of last year and McBain was at any time as a Sabre. Benoit played over 20 min per game for a very good team last year and Meszaros has been a good NHL defenseman and should be motivated to earn another NHL contract.

As for Nikita, if either of Benoit or Meszaros (or Weber) falters before Pysyk or McCabe returns, I expect that's when he'll get a shot.

Jeez. You really aren't looking forward to seeing the new kid play with the new captain? Or the rock-'em-sock-'em 3rd line with Zemgus, Stewart and Foligno? Or Ennis-Stafford-Moulson, which everyone says is playing with very good chemistry?

I know we're not talking French Connection here, but there are interesting new developments in the top-9 that I am looking forward to.

The lack of jam in the top 6, the lack of D zone play on line 3, Flynn still being on the team. Just don't like the look.

Really liked 25-19-80 in the preseason but now there is no hope for that. Just blah.

What a sight for sore eyes this gamethread is.

Go Sabres! Here's hoping for the same as what happened with my Phoenix Suns last year.

I just want to be entertaining, even if we end up losing games. Last year's performances were horrendous, and the team was detestable and boring. Games were a chore.

Here's hoping we beat the ###### out of Scott Hartnell tonight, and that we take advantage of them not having a few key players.

Edited by TheMatrix31

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.