GDT: Columbus vs Buffalo, 7pm

wjag

I'm kinda hoping every thread this season -- especially the GDTs -- doesn't turn into a "tank vs don't tank" discussion.

Game on! I'm looking forward to seeing Enroth, Gorges, Myers, Risto, Benoit, Reinhart, Ennis, Moulson, Stewart, and Zemgus.

Go Sabres.

It's inevitable. Someone is bound to bring it up to get the upper hand in a discussion about some, small point relative to the game.

But, if you want the tank, then GDTs are ground-zero, no? Are pro-tankers supposed to come into GDTs and pretend they want the Sabres to win? Yeah, right, where's the integrity in that.

It's inevitable. Someone is bound to bring it up to get the upper hand in a discussion about some, small point relative to the game.

But, if you want the tank, then GDTs are ground-zero, no? Are pro-tankers supposed to come into GDTs and pretend they want the Sabres to win? Yeah, right, where's the integrity in that.

As a pro-tanker, I think the best approach is simply to sidestep the entire debate. I'll comment on and analyze the game (great pass! Neuvrith makes me want Lalime back!) and so on without consideration for where I want the team to finish. I don't think it should be hard to abide by this, and it should be amenable to all involved.

Do we know for sure who's playing in goal for Bflo? Jhonas or not yet confirmed?

Enroth is starting, I don't have confirmation but that was what I believe Nolan said in a press conference.

John Vogl

Sabres' opening lineup:

Hodgson-Reinhart-Gionta,

Moulson-Ennis-Stafford,

Foligno-Girgensons-Stewart,

Deslauriers-McCormick-Flynn.

Buffalo Sabres

Defense pairings at AM skate:

Gorges-Myers

Benoit-Meszaros

Weber-Ristolainen

Edited by LGR4GM

As a pro-tanker, I think the best approach is simply to sidestep the entire debate. I'll comment on and analyze the game (great pass! Neuvrith makes me want Lalime back!) and so on without consideration for where I want the team to finish. I don't think it should be hard to abide by this, and it should be amenable to all involved.

This is the ideal pro tank approach. We want the team to win. Every night. But if we get to the end of the season and they're DFL? Well it just means we got a desirable outcome anyway.

No point in banging the drum every game. It doesn't matter until the last game has been played.

Enroth is starting, I don't have confirmation but that was what I believe Nolan said in a press conference.

John Vogl

Sabres' opening lineup:

Hodgson-Reinhart-Gionta,

Moulson-Ennis-Stafford,

Buffalo Sabres

Gorges-Myers

Benoit-Meszaros

Weber-Ristolainen

Thanks - it looks like it's been somewhat confirmed:

‏@JoeYerdon 3 minutes ago

Jhonas Enroth will be your starter for Buffalo. No surprise.

EDIT: Just looked over those lines again, mildly surprised Flynn is getting the nod over Mitchel...

Edited by Campy

The pro-tank etiquette posted above is basically what I planned on following. I'm not going to sit here when the Sabres score and be like "######, how the hell did Jack Johnson blow that? ######!" I'll be silent for the most part and will, like I did last year, point out when the Sabres make a good play.

When I feel like it I will say something pro-tank before and after the game. I'm not going to sit here and poke at people constantly to get a debate going. I will NEVER utter the words "let's (opposite of stop) Boston/Toronto/Philly." I promise.

Edited by Tankalicious

OMG can we stop talking about how we aren't going to talk about tanking! Lets talk about the game for f##ks sake. Anyone notice how our lines are structured, you like those, you hate them? Zadorov is sitting in the press box, why the hell is he still up here then? Can Enroth begin to cement himself as #1?

Its like fight club around here. First rule don't talk about it. Second rule don't talk about it. Third rule, TELL EVERYONE ABOUT IT.

Yes. I'll have no problem following this approach in the GDT's for the games that I'll actually watch. No Center Ice for me this year. Does anyone know if Direct TV is having a free preview for the first week of the season?

John Vogl

Sabres' opening lineup:

Hodgson-Reinhart-Gionta,

Moulson-Ennis-Stafford,

Buffalo Sabres

Gorges-Myers

Benoit-Meszaros

Weber-Ristolainen

I like Deslauriers in the lineup. Still cautiously optimistic about him.

Interesting that Weber is paired with Risto. Teddy said on WGR the other day that Risto is definitely top 4 this year for the Sabres and could develop into top 2.

OMG can we stop talking about how we aren't going to talk about tanking! Lets talk about the game for f##ks sake. Anyone notice how our lines are structured, you like those, you hate them? Zadorov is sitting in the press box, why the hell is he still up here then? Can Enroth begin to cement himself as #1?

Its like fight club around here. First rule don't talk about it. Second rule don't talk about it. Third rule, TELL EVERYONE ABOUT IT.

Fight Club was a really good movie.

As for Nikita: I seem to remember that even if he's healthy-scratched, it still counts as 1 of his 9 games. Can anyone confirm?

Weber?!? Seriously, he is God awful on D.... No one can take that spot... McCabe,Psysk, Z.... Anyone.

I'll be at work overnight tonight, so I'll be sure to record appropriately so I can watch tomorrow

Its time to win, I want to see that fire we had in a lot of preseason games, I want playoffs!!! If we get a good draft spot, I want it to be from another team's pick.

Last night I was at Jims steak out and bantering with 2 gents from Toronto, and that's all it took to get this hockey season firmly into my bloodstream.... F Toronto, F BOSTON, F Philly, F Carolina and tonight F the blue jackets.... Win baby

Although I agree that all should avoid big pro or anti tank discussions in GDT, I would still like to keep the tank pictures if the Sabres lose. Man some of the ones Physics came up with were hilarious.

Why the ###### is Zad up here if he's not playing?! Seriously, I don't think Pysyk's injury is too long term so if he can't crack the lineup now then he never will when Pysyk is healthy. Send his ass to London.

Tank on :P

I like Deslauriers in the lineup. Still cautiously optimistic about him.

Interesting that Weber is paired with Risto. Teddy said on WGR the other day that Risto is definitely top 4 this year for the Sabres and could develop into top 2.

Fight Club was a really good movie.

As for Nikita: I seem to remember that even if he's healthy-scratched, it still counts as 1 of his 9 games. Can anyone confirm?

I don't believe it does.

I actually think he can be healthy scratched for something like 20 some odd games. Last year he was up for far more than 9 games. Not sure of the exact number.

John Vogl

One possible change to Sabres' fourth line: Torrey Mitchell may be in for Brian Flynn, who did line rushes but also did post-practice skate.

Telling fans they can't talk about the Sabres on a Sabres message board? Yeah, that's going to work. Reminder: there's an ignore feature.

It's not an edict but rather a proposed gentlemen's agreement with the aim of not hindering other Sabres' fans enjoyment of the board by cluttering threads with the same arguments rehashed ad nauseum. You might want to consider it yourself the next time you come up with more meddling "evidence".

Ya the scratch won't count towards his 9 but what is he doing up here to sit in the pressbox? Maybe the Sabres want him to get some extra practices in with the team and stretch his stay with Buffalo before sending him down a month or so before the World Juniors?

I actually think he can be healthy scratched for something like 20 some odd games. Last year he was up for far more than 9 games. Not sure of the exact number.

John Vogl

One possible change to Sabres' fourth line: Torrey Mitchell may be in for Brian Flynn, who did line rushes but also did post-practice skate.

I like Mitchell over Flynn.

Ya the scratch won't count towards his 9 but what is he doing up here to sit in the pressbox? Maybe the Sabres want him to get some extra practices in with the team and stretch his stay with Buffalo before sending him down a month or so before the World Juniors?

I expect that they want to rotate him in and out a few times, just not for the first game.

I think Gorges/Myers is locked in. I think the other D pairings are not. We could see him subbed in for either Weber, Meszaros, or Benoit. I think Ristolainen plays no matter what.

It's not an edict but rather a proposed gentlemen's agreement with the aim of not hindering other Sabres' fans enjoyment of the board by cluttering threads with the same arguments rehashed ad nauseum. You might want to consider it yourself the next time you come up with more meddling "evidence".

He's still butt hurt about having his weewee slapped over his thread hijacking because he thinks the time and place for something is everywhere and all the time. So now he's going to be the Tankist Al Sharpton. Noble defender of making the forum unreadable!

Wasn't there some 27 game limit that scratches counted against? I seem to remember something like that coming into play with Grigorenko.

=====================================

Suggestion:

Auto-correct rule that changes the words "tank" and "Anti-Tank" into " 'I have a difficult time with self control and appropriate conversation' " (for GDT's only)

Edited by Glass Case Of Emotion

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.