GDT: Columbus vs Buffalo, 7pm

wjag

It's not an edict but rather a proposed gentlemen's agreement with the aim of not hindering other Sabres' fans enjoyment of the board by cluttering threads with the same arguments rehashed ad nauseum. You might want to consider it yourself the next time you come up with more meddling "evidence".

Meh. The same arguments rehashed ad nauseam is the basis of message boards. Hey, I showed great restraint by not commenting on Yuri's assertion that Pegula's Black River Entertainment Whatever is named after a gas play in New York. That was pretty juicy. Again — there is an ignore feature. If my comments about Pegula bother you that much, ignore. But you don't. And you won't. You can't. Thus, I am merely adding to your enjoyment of the board. You're welcome.

Not likely at all.

Which is not likely at all? The Sabre's undressing the Jackets, the Sabre's making 8th seed, or Blues and Islander bottoming out??

You mean what are the chance that all of those variables manifest and translate into reality being highly unlikely??!??

Just my ideal ;)

He's still butt hurt about having his weewee slapped over his thread hijacking because he thinks the time and place for something is everywhere and all the time. So now he's going to be the Tankist Al Sharpton. Noble defender of making the forum unreadable!

I don't even remember getting my butt hurt and my wee wee slapped. You'd think I would.

My point remains that you can't put that fine a point on what is discussed on a Sabres board. You can't discuss tanking during a game? Fine. Only comments directly related to the game are allowed. Got a beef with Regier when Stafford sucks up the joint again? Shuttie.

Which is not likely at all? The Sabre's undressing the Jackets, the Sabre's making 8th seed, or Blues and Islander bottoming out??

You mean what are the chance that all of those variables manifest and translate into reality being highly unlikely??!??

Just my ideal ;)

I bolded it but the Islanders won't tank. The Islanders have a shot of making the playoffs.

One thing I am not tired of is your avatar

I really should post more often...

I am so ready for hockey,

Normally, I'm still into football and the baseball playoff right now. I'm more pumped about the Sabres than I have been in a long time. It's more of a cautious optimism, but it's more than I had going into last year.

I don't even remember getting my butt hurt and my wee wee slapped. You'd think I would.

My point remains that you can't put that fine a point on what is discussed on a Sabres board. You can't discuss tanking during a game? Fine. Only comments directly related to the game are allowed. Got a beef with Regier when Stafford sucks up the joint again? Shuttie.

It can be done and should be done.

I bolded it but the Islanders won't tank. The Islanders have a shot of making the playoffs.

How awesome would it be if 8 months from now we find out that you were completely, utterly wrong about this. :)

There was an entire thread that went on for days about people doing terrible things to your butt.

So you're saying it would be totally awesome if your are completely wrong about your assessment of the New York Islanders and they manage to Snow their way into DFL.

I totally agree. All Hail Garth.

Yes, but I am also saying with the additions of Boychuk, Leddy, Halak, Grabovski and Kulemin, they won't be DFL.

Also add in a healthy Tavares, Ryan Strome and Griffin Reinhart. It is an improved team.

What if the sabres gel on some inhuman level, make the playoffs and win the cup this year?

As for Nikita: I seem to remember that even if he's healthy-scratched, it still counts as 1 of his 9 games. Can anyone confirm?

Wasn't there some 27 game limit that scratches counted against? I seem to remember something like that coming into play with Grigorenko.

9 games played then you have to commit to returning to junior or staying up. 20-something games on the active roster before contract year is used. Is how I remember it. I'm sure chz can confirm.

Yes, but I am also saying with the additions of Boychuk, Leddy, Halak, Grabovski and Kulemin, they won't be DFL.

Also add in a healthy Tavares, Ryan Strome and Griffin Reinhart. It is an improved team.

What if the sabres gel on some inhuman level, make the playoffs and win the cup this year?

That would be WAY more awesome.

As the guys on SiriusXM NHL radio always mention, it is a defensive league. Teams will win or lose for the most part based on their defensive play and goaltending (yet fans tend to obsess over scorers). That is why we (a) can't automatically conclude the Sabres will suck as bad as last year - we have 4 of 6 new defensemen this year, and (b) can't automatically anoint the Isles as "much improved" - the Isles still haven't shown they can defend at a level of a playoff team.

Enroth is starting, I don't have confirmation but that was what I believe Nolan said in a press conference.

John Vogl

Sabres' opening lineup:

Hodgson-Reinhart-Gionta,

Moulson-Ennis-Stafford,

Foligno-Girgensons-Stewart,

Deslauriers-McCormick-Flynn.

Buffalo Sabres

Defense pairings at AM skate:

Gorges-Myers

Benoit-Meszaros

Weber-Ristolainen

I know Webers merits, work ethic, etc. and reasons to keep him in the organization.

It am just disappointed he's in the lineup tonight.

OMG can we stop talking about how we aren't going to talk about tanking! Lets talk about the game for f##ks sake. Anyone notice how our lines are structured, you like those, you hate them? Zadorov is sitting in the press box, why the hell is he still up here then? Can Enroth begin to cement himself as #1?

Hate, hate, hate the lines. This season my quickly turn into we need a good coach when we get some talent. Nolan may be a leader of men and can push the right buttons but I'm super leery of his talent evaluation \ game strategy.

If Zadorov is really watching the game tonight, shame on everyone at the FN'C.

"CBJ Not pleased with Ryan Johansen's conditioning level. Asked GM Jarmo Kekalainen about it: "No comment."

Johansen's one of my favorite young players in the game. That said, he should've been working his ass off while his agent worked his off for that contract.

9 games played then you have to commit to returning to junior or staying up. 20-something games on the active roster before contract year is used. Is how I remember it. I'm sure chz can confirm.

If I remember, the limit for games on the NHL roster was specific to when the player reaches UFA status. It has nothing to do with the status of the entry level contract. If they stick around beyond that certain number of games, they can become a UFA one year earlier.

Really looking forward to getting a solid look at Reinhart tonight on a decent NHL line against a playoff team. He may not be a Crosby or the most noticeable person on their line, but I'm more so looking for how he reacts to the scenario; especially being hit by some of these players.

That 3rd line could be nasty if all of those players (cough* cough* Foligno) played like they should. Early prediction: they're by far our best line tonight.

No tank tonight; first game = just win. Plus, I'm skipping my lab to watch this so it better be worth it.

Anyone else a little concerned about Meszaros and Benoit as a pair?

I'm not sure where Nikita should fit in this lineup.

I hope Rienhart and Hodgson can find some chemistry that i haven't seen yet.

The Islanders aren't going to finish last.

They are going to finish 23 and win the lottery for us.

If I remember, the limit for games on the NHL roster was specific to when the player reaches UFA status. It has nothing to do with the status of the entry level contract. If they stick around beyond that certain number of games, they can become a UFA one year earlier.

Then what was all the nonsense about last year when the Sabres had Grigo up one game too long and they "burned" another year of his contract? Or are we saying the same thing two different ways?

I know Webers merits, work ethic, etc. and reasons to keep him in the organization.

It am just disappointed he's in the lineup tonight.

Weber was really bad last year and brings absolutely nothing on the offensive end. And, he has 2 more years left on his current contract (thanks, Darcy). Maybe a new defense partner will bring the best out of Mike?

Then what was all the nonsense about last year when the Sabres had Grigo up one game too long and they "burned" another year of his contract? Or are we saying the same thing two different ways?

The one game too long was his rookie year. I think once the first year is burned, the contract starts ticking regardless of where the player plays.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.