GDT: Columbus vs Buffalo, 7pm

wjag

You guys really want another season like last year? Plus knowing the rule changes with the draft means there is less chance of getting 1st pick? I'm not watching hoping they lose.

Yes,yes and yes. If this team had tanked like it was supposed to, we'd have McKinnon and the tank would be over. Instead The kevin porter / Brian Flynn led Sabres proceeded on a fruitless journey to 10th place assuring us of a grumpy Russian from the Q despite being by far the worst team in the league that year. We need to reap the rewards of being the worst team in the league 3 years running. Reinhart is already looking like he's not a difference maker. I want this "suffering" to have been fir something. Otherwise, will enjoy in hockey purgatory forever.

Yes,yes and yes. If this team had tanked like it was supposed to, we'd have McKinnon and the tank would be over. Instead The kevin porter / Brian Flynn led Sabres proceeded on a fruitless journey to 10th place assuring us of a grumpy Russian from the Q despite being by far the worst team in the league that year. We need to reap the rewards of being the worst team in the league 3 years running. Reinhart is already looking like he's not a difference maker. I want this "suffering" to have been fir something. Otherwise, will enjoy in hockey purgatory forever.

Really? Like seriously? The 18yr center who has NOT PLAYED A SINGLE GAME, isn't a difference maker. :huh:

Yes,yes and yes. If this team had tanked like it was supposed to, we'd have McKinnon and the tank would be over. Instead The kevin porter / Brian Flynn led Sabres proceeded on a We fruitless journey to 10th place assuring us of a grumpy Russian from the Q despite being by far the worst team in the league that year. We need to reap the rewards of being the worst team in the league 3 years running. Reinhart is already looking like he's not a difference maker. I want this "suffering" to have been fir something. Otherwise, will enjoy in hockey purgatory forever.

I think you have your drafts mixed up but i get the point.

Reinhart is already looking like he's not a difference maker.

Wow, thats early.

Never thought i would be all in for the tank, but i am. Funny, watched NHL Tonight this morning , and instead of thinking about which teams won , i was watching to see who lost. Specifically thinking of the Canucks-Flames games, where i was ever so hoping the Flames won. It was weird, but guess i have to get used to it.

I will most likely watch many an Islander game early in the season, hoping like hell they lose every one.

You guys really want another season like last year? Plus knowing the rule changes with the draft means there is less chance of getting 1st pick? I'm not watching hoping they lose.

I've never watched a game hoping the Sabres would lose. Never. I've watched quite a few in recent times where I didn't care if they won. That's the sweet spot, IMHO.

I wonder if this is the first opener since 1971 that hasn't seen Rick Jeanneret in the booth doing play by play. I'm hedging my bets only because in the early days Ted Darling would do radio if the game wasn't televised, and maybe some opener on the road wasn't televised.

I've never watched a game hoping the Sabres would lose. Never. I've watched quite a few in recent times where I didn't care if they won. That's the sweet spot, IMHO.

I wonder if this is the first opener since 1971 that hasn't seen Rick Jeanneret in the booth doing play by play. I'm hedging my bets only because in the early days Ted Darling would do radio if the game wasn't televised, and maybe some opener on the road wasn't televised.

That's where I'm at this year.

Let's go Columbus! Hoping Johansen plays, otherwise it's their AHL squad.

Keep tank talk out of the game day threads.

I am excited to see Ennis more than anyone tonight. He has easily the most offensive talent on the Sabres and I think going forward he needs to be an impact player.

As for Reinhart, I fully expect him to be meh. As I have said many times, Reinhart is going to be one of those guys who will eventually just get it. Right now he looks a half step behind, which makes sense. His greatest asset is his ability to read the play, which will take time but he should look completely different by game 9 as opposed to tonight.

Enroth is getting the start so lets see how he handles being the go to guy. I think he can handle it but I, like many, worry he is short for a GT and won't be able to sustain numbers when shooters get use him.

I'm kinda hoping every thread this season -- especially the GDTs -- doesn't turn into a "tank vs don't tank" discussion.

Game on! I'm looking forward to seeing Enroth, Gorges, Myers, Risto, Benoit, Reinhart, Ennis, Moulson, Stewart, and Zemgus.

Go Sabres.

Let's go Columbus! Hoping Johansen plays, otherwise it's their AHL squad.

From CBJ site (weds lines)

Hartnell-Anisimov-Dano

Foligno-Johansen-Atkinson

Calvert-Letestu-Wennberg

Skille-Chaput-Boll/Tropp

Johnson-Savard

Erixon-Wisniewski

Tyutin-Prout

Bobrovsky

Good to see my man Tropp'r hanging on. Break-out year coming, just needs the ice time. :P

It should be noted that CBJ has some injury problems going into the season. Brandon Dubinsky ©, Boone Jenner (C/LW), Nathan Horton (RW), and Ryan Murray (D). Those are big names for CBJ and their absence could have an impact on the first part of the Jackets season.

That being said Alexander Wennberg is a rookie to watch. I want to see how he matches up against Reinhart. Note that Wennberg played last year in the SHL for Frolunda and scored 16goals in 50 games. Should be fun to see.

LET'S GO BUFFALO!!!

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.