What would you do with Reinhart?

mjd1001

What would you do with Samson Reinhart?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. From what you know now, would you

• Keep him with the Sabres no matter what. He is the 2nd overall pick he belongs here.
    • Keep him with the Sabres as long as he doesn't look totally out of place.
    • Keep him with the Sabres only if it is clear is he is one of the best 6 forwards RIGHT NOW.
    • Send him to Juniors no matter what. The team doesn't need him now, and he will be better in the long run with a year in Juniors to get stronger and play top minutes every game.

Since I am on my anti-Nolan bandwagon, let me be the first to say, I am glad Reinhart is out of here.

I would have loved for him to stay up here until the WJC, go there in December, and then come back and play limited minutes, practice his a$$ off, and become best friends with the S&C coach, but IMO this was the right call.

I don't see a problem with giving him the 9 games. At least this way Reinhart knows without a doubt that he is not playing in the NHL this year because he can't handle. He won't be bothered by some idea in the back of his head that he could have made the Sabres this year if he had just been given a chance. He is now completely aware of his deficiencies in the strength department, and that knowledge will hopefully motivate him to do the necessary off-ice work that will allow him to stick with the Sabres next season.

A hockeybuzz member quote i completely agree with.

Edit: I may have seemed a bit harsh on Samson, hell i had more faith in grigs even, but if grigs needed to work on his strenght than Samson certainly does.

And what i like about both guys, they are both crushed not playing for the sabres, they want it so bad. Hell Samson even said he was hoping to become a sabre when he was drafted.

I hope management can make it as hard as possible on them so we can see some very motivated centres next year.

Edited by Heimdall

Maybe even Ellis.

Politely sir, f off. I pay for my tickets. He is not worthy of $89 a seat. I'm sure you know what I mean so I won't even pre apologize!

I'll take Matt Dagostini back before I see Matt Ellis.

Proof that anyone, and I do mean ANYONE, can be a sports columnist. :doh:

http://www.coppernbl...orever-poisoned

I'd be willing to bet this guy never saw him play one game for the Sabres.

Did you miss the blurb at the end about the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs being written by Oilers fans?

He just cobbled together all the choice quotes from Oilers fans after this news broke to illustrate how ridiculous they were.

Proof that anyone, and I do mean ANYONE, can be a sports columnist. :doh:

http://www.coppernbl...orever-poisoned

I'd be willing to bet this guy never saw him play one game for the Sabres.

Well, they were right about one thing: Reinhart won't learn anything new playing at that level and Murray knows this. But the alternative of playing him limited minutes in limited situations while risking his health due to his stature, wasn't going to teach him much, either. At least he's playing meaningful, if not developmental minutes with his junior team.

GO SABRES!!!

Did you miss the blurb at the end about the 2nd and 3rd paragraphs being written by Oilers fans?

He just cobbled together all the choice quotes from Oilers fans after this news broke to illustrate how ridiculous they were.

Yes I know it's from an Oilers fan site (Copper & Blue) but this link was on Yahoo's front page right next to legitimate news sources. I know Yahoo, and other sites, aggregate content from other sites but obviously quality control is not high on Yahoo's to-do list.

Yes I know it's from an Oilers fan site (Copper & Blue) but this link was on Yahoo's front page right next to legitimate news sources. I know Yahoo, and other sites, aggregate content from other sites but obviously quality control is not high on Yahoo's to-do list.

Obviously not. I don't think it ever has been.

• 3 months later...
This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.