What would you do with Reinhart?

mjd1001

What would you do with Samson Reinhart?  

66 members have voted

1. 1. From what you know now, would you

• Keep him with the Sabres no matter what. He is the 2nd overall pick he belongs here.
    • Keep him with the Sabres as long as he doesn't look totally out of place.
    • Keep him with the Sabres only if it is clear is he is one of the best 6 forwards RIGHT NOW.
    • Send him to Juniors no matter what. The team doesn't need him now, and he will be better in the long run with a year in Juniors to get stronger and play top minutes every game.

Well today is the day. According to the tweeter I have read Tim Murray has made up his mind and could announce his decision today. Sounds like Ted Nolan would like Reinhart returned but what actually happens? Stay tuned!

http://www.buffalonews.com/sports/sabres-nhl/sabres-notebook-decision-time-for-reinhart-zadorov-in-limbo-20141030

The Sabres appeared to be leaning toward sending Reinhart to Kootenay of the Western Hockey League.

“They have made it clear that the overriding consideration will be what is in Sam’s best interests from a developmental point of view,” Reinhart’s agent, Craig Oster, said via email.

Reinhart recorded no goals and one assist during his tryout.

“I don’t think it’s a good thing to get into the guessing game at this point,” the 18-year-old Reinhart said in First Niagara Center.

I agree with you TBP (as what seems like per usual) but I don't think he will be used properly here. The way Ted is using him and his rep for not giving rookies big minutes I can't help but think sending him down and saving a year of his ELC is the right move. Give him big minutes down there and keep in constant contact with him in regards to his off ice training. Plus captaining Team Canada at the WJC will be a good experience. I know practicing with an NHL club could help him, this is still one of the worst in the league and he is playing under a coach who won't play him much come gametime.

I want him to stay and be used properly. I think his biggest hurdle now is physically maturing and getting stronger, and the best way for that to happen is working with a pro strength program. That said, I expect he gets sent back.

What if they sent him back, but sent a member of the S&C staff to live next door to him?

Other than being the #2 pick he didn't do anything remotely close to warrant keeping him here. I hate to be overly critical but he hasn't done squat since being drafted. Development camp, Traverse City, and now 9 games.

I guarantee you that at least half their picks in 2014 would have shown just as much or more if given the same opportunity his draft position alloted him.

You all can blame his linemates, tell me how smart he is, etc. That is fine. He may turn out to be a good player but right now he is nowhere near NHL caliber.

I swear to god if they recall Grigorenko to fill the spot I will lose it.

They won't GMTM was on WGR yesterday and said that first player called up, might not be the best prospect in the system. He likes the idea of the prospects playing together and competing for a Calder Cup. Uses example of the B Sens.

They won't GMTM was on WGR yesterday and said that first player called up, might not be the best prospect in the system. He likes the idea of the prospects playing together and competing for a Calder Cup. Uses example of the B Sens.

So screw the big club? That's crazy.

Murray discusses the decision.

http://bnwordpress.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/8/2014/10/TimMurray.mp3

Big points

Needs to add strength.

Happy with his skill and hockey sense.

Realizes that he has done everything he can in WHL, but being here playing 4th Line Minutes is worse for him.

Was emotional leaving the building.

Edited by BRAWNDO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.