2014 Sabres Training Camp

LGR4GM

Wow, absolutely no love for Flynn here. I don't think he is that bad. He works hard and doesn't get that much credit for being a third or fourth liner.

Why do people want Reinhart on this roster this year. I don't want him being a third line center. I think if Murray and company are smart they ain't gonna rush this kid. Let's face it he's a kid in a mans league not many 18 year old can step in unless they have a huge skill set. I like Reinhart a lot and wanted him since the start of last year but it wouldn't hurt to do exactly with him that Tampa did with Droiun. I think Droiun, and Johnny Hockey, and Kuznetsov are going to be the 3 finalist for the Calder when it's all said and done. Complete the tank please.

Playing Reinhart is a bad thing if he is not ready and is bounced around the lineup.

It's not a bad thing if he can put up 30-40 points and learn from the pros.

I'm glad Nolan is going to watch him before making up his mind, unlike a lot of posters.

I respect Flynn's heart and he has decent speed and is hockey smart, but none of those qualities are at a high enough level to overcome his lack of strength or skill. He's in his mid-20s.

I have no problem with him as a fourth-line utility player on this team — sometimes in the press box, sometimes on the third line when injuries hit.

But he plays only in the top-nine of a bad hockey team.

Edited by dudacek

The guy between Larsson and a roster spot is Flynn. Flynn and Larsson would likely have similar roles. If Reinhart makes the team it gets interesting because the battle for the #4 center spot becomes Cody and Flynn, and they have very different assets to bring. And if Reinhart doesn't make the team Larsson still has to beat out Flynn for the #3 center spot.

Grigorenko isn't a factor in there anywhere.

This,

was wondering why people are comparing larsson for a spot with Grigorenko. They are not competition, Grigorenko needs to be good enough for a top 2 center position. Larsson will never be viewed for more than 3rd line.

Interesting series of tweets.

Paul Hamilton@pham1717 8h

Nolan said Pysyk's with Zadorov to help Zadorov. He's very happy with Mark and he's going to be a important player for the organization.

Nolan said Ristolainen has a good chance to make the team. Said Zadorov needs a little more time,

but they need to figure out if he's too big and too strong for junior.

I hate the agreement with the NHL and CHL. This kid needs to be in Rochester playing against men.

Playing Reinhart is a bad thing if he is not ready and is bounced around the lineup.

It's not a bad thing if he can put up 30-40 points and learn from the pros.

I'm glad Nolan is going to watch him before making up his mind, unlike a lot of posters.

I respect Flynn's heart and he has decent speed and is hockey smart, but none of those qualities are at a high enough level to overcome his lack of strength or skill. He's in his mid-20s.

I have no problem with him as a fourth-line utility player on this team — sometimes in the press box, sometimes on the third line when injuries hit.

But he plays only in the top-nine of a bad hockey team.

Exactly. If Flynn is in the top 9, this team is in the McEichel sweepstakes.

I don't expect Reinhart in the lineup against the Loafs.

Bill Hoppe published an article that has TN giving some pretty strong praise to Grigorenko so far this camp, suggesting that Grigo is making a strong bid.

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/phil-varone-believes-he-can-stick-with-sabres-ted-nolan-impressed-with-mikhail-grigorenko/

Grigorenko, who’s struggled for two seasons, has impressed Nolan.

“Grigorenko, he’s had a first couple days, he looked tremendous, he looked really good,” he said. “Now we’re going to see how he looks against competion.

Bill Hoppe published an article that has TN giving some pretty strong praise to Grigorenko so far this camp, suggesting that Grigo is making a strong bid.

http://www.buffalohockeybeat.com/phil-varone-believes-he-can-stick-with-sabres-ted-nolan-impressed-with-mikhail-grigorenko/

Grigorenko, who’s struggled for two seasons, has impressed Nolan.

“Grigorenko, he’s had a first couple days, he looked tremendous, he looked really good,” he said. “Now Hisre going to see how he looks against competion.

Yeah the whole guys trying hard against him might impact his play a bit

Edited by inkman

I am easily annoyed when a business can't get customer things(in this case fans) correct. They open practice to the public, print out sheets with player names/number, then they come out in practice jerseys with neither. I stayed 15 minutes this morning and then left.

My advice to anyone interested in going, don't bother.

This quote from Nolan has the analytics crowd in a twitter frenzy

“The information I’ve used is with my eyes and my sole and my heart. If I see someone who’s competing and I know he’s competing, that’s good enough for me. I don’t need a machine to tell me how hard he worked, I can see it for myself, but there’s some of that data that you can use for how many calories they burn, but my number one analytic is you score one more goal that the opposition, you win

Link to the story

http://www.wgr550.com/Sabres-Nolan-not-a-fan-of-analytics-/19956968

Edited by BRAWNDO

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.