2014 Sabres Training Camp

LGR4GM

Well it has been a long summer full of ups and downs. Plus side we drafted 2nd and got the forward Tim Murray wanted. Downside he has looked questionable in his limited action. Upside we went out and brought in leadership such as Josh Gorges and Brian Gionta. Downside even on the Titanic leadership was only slightly helpful.

So we go into camp with tons of questions ranging from Grigorenko to Reinhart to who the hell fills out our defense. To kick things off here is the official camp roster for everyone to look at.

http://sabres.nhl.com/v2/ext/2014-15%20Season/2014-15%20Training%20Camp%20Roster.pdf

Here also is the week 1 schedule for you to peruse.

Thursday, Sept. 18

Players report for testing and physicals. **Closed to public.**

Friday, Sept. 19

Session one: 11-11:45 a.m.

Session two: 1:15-2 p.m.

Session three: 3:30-4:15 p.m.

Saturday, Sept. 20

Session one: 10-11:15 a.m.

Session two: 11:30 a.m. – 12:45 p.m.

Session three: 1-2:15 p.m.

Sunday, Sept. 21

Pre-game skate (in Buffalo): 9:15-10 a.m.

Practice session (non-game group): 10:15-11:30 a.m.

Buffalo at Washington: 5 p.m., Verizon Center

Monday, Sept. 22

Session two: 11:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m.

Tuesday, Sept. 23

Practice session (non-game group): 9-10:15 a.m.

Pre-game skate: 10:30-11:15 a.m.

Carolina at Buffalo: 7 p.m., First Niagara Center

Wednesday, Sept. 24

Session two: 11:30 a.m.-12:45 p.m.

Thursday, Sept. 25

Off day

Hooray, real hockey!

So, I think any player that can be sent to Rochester without waivers will be there to start the season unless there is irrefutable evidence as to why they should be in Buffalo. I expect the Sabres to maintain roster flexibility. In addition, they'll need to clear roster spots over the first 9 games for a few junior players (Reinhart, Zadarov).

On the bright side I see we have MacKinnon in camp this year. ;)

I just have this horrible feeling we go through all this TANK crap and we walk away with the 5th or 6th pick in the draft. We have been into this tank for close to two years now. Jury is still out as to what we have to show for it. Can we honestly say our talent pool is that great? Deep yes - highly skilled I don't think so.

I just look forward to the day that when training camp starts our goal is to be the best team possible. Whatever the results end up being is fine by me as long as we are trying. Trying to suck is really getting old.

Last year we all spent the entire season debating and dreaming of Reinhart, Eckblad, etc. Well Reinhart is here and we are already questioning his skill level. Now we can dream of McEichel. I am tired of dreaming. Let's play some damn competitive hockey for a change.

I just have this horrible feeling we go through all this TANK crap and we walk away with the 5th or 6th pick in the draft. We have been into this tank for close to two years now. Jury is still out as to what we have to show for it. Can we honestly say our talent pool is that great? Deep yes - highly skilled I don't think so.

I just look forward to the day that when training camp starts our goal is to be the best team possible. Whatever the results end up being is fine by me as long as we are trying. Trying to suck is really getting old.

Last year we all spent the entire season debating and dreaming of Reinhart, Eckblad, etc. Well Reinhart is here and we are already questioning his skill level. Now we can dream of McEichel. I am tired of dreaming. Let's play some damn competitive hockey for a change.

Bravo_clap.gif

I honestly think the only thing that makes this year better than last is that we hopefully only have one more year of garbage...

I honestly think the only thing that makes this year better than last is that we hopefully only have one more year of garbage...

There is far more internal stability and direction than last year at this time. They may not make the playoffs, but I believe we're going to see much better hockey by the time December rolls around.

You were more excited for the Ron Rolston era?

At least last year we had Miller/Vanek deals to discuss and keep our interest. This year the only important date is in June when we watch some envelopes again. Oh i forgot the trade deadline when we can get all excited about a few more draft picks for Stewart/Stafford. The anticipation is killing me!!!

At least last year we had Miller/Vanek deals to discuss and keep our interest. This year the only important date is in June when we watch some envelopes again. Oh i forgot the trade deadline when we can get all excited about a few more draft picks for Stewart/Stafford. The anticipation is killing me!!!

That kept your interest? Good god.

Last season was the worst season I've ever experienced as a hockey fan. There is no way this year will be less interesting than last.

Which usually means narrowly missing the playoffs or being bounced in the first round. Here in Chicago the pre camp hype is did they do enough to regain the Cup? I would rather have that level of expectation then wondering if we can make a playoff push. Adding talent at the rate and level we are will help that.

Which usually means narrowly missing the playoffs or being bounced in the first round. Here in Chicago the pre camp hype is did they do enough to regain the Cup? I would rather have that level of expectation then wondering id we can make a playoff push. Adding talent at the rate and level we are will help that.

Please feel free to list that talent. You really think our farm system is Cup material? Find me a 30 goal scorer in that group. For that matter find me 20. Grigs and Armia have more of a chance to be busts than solid players. Zadarov is know being questioned about weight, skating, and work ethic. Reinhart has done nothing (i understand he has limited time here) in prospect camp or Traverse City.

e9szmu.jpg

I am Head Coach Nolan, your senior drill instructor. From now on you will speak only when spoken to, and the first and last words out of your filthy sewers will be “Sir”. Do you maggots understand that?

If you ladies leave my arena, if you survive recruit training, you will be a weapon. You will be a minister of death praying for war. But until that day you are pukes. You are the lowest form of life on Earth. You are not even human ###### beings. You are nothing but unorganized grabastic pieces of amphibian ######! Because I am hard, you will not like me. But the more you hate me, the more you will learn. I am hard but I am fair. There is no racial bigotry here. Here you are all equally worthless. And my orders are to weed out all non-hackers who do not pack the gear to serve in my beloved Tank Corps. Do you maggots understand that?

That kept your interest? Good god.

Last season was the worst season I've ever experienced as a hockey fan. There is no way this year will be less interesting than last.

Yes it kept my interest because of the annual pipe dream that we will trade our good players for players/picks that will make us Cup contenders.

Please feel free to list that talent. You really think our farm system is Cup material? Find me a 30 goal scorer in that group. For that matter find me 20. Grigs and Armia have more of a chance to be busts than solid players. Zadarov is know being questioned about weight, skating, and work ethic. Reinhart has done nothing (i understand he has limited time here) in prospect camp or Traverse City.

Interesting because Kris Baker - who was there and watched the games - said Samson played well in Traverse City.

What makes you think he "didn't do anything"? The boxscore?

Interesting because Kris Baker - who was there and watched the games - said Samson played well in Traverse City.

What makes you think he "didn't do anything"? The boxscore?

Yep. Second overall pick and a key ingredient to the tank should manage a point in four games against other prospects. Second overall picks should dominate his peers - not just "play well".

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.