Development camp - Blue & Gold scrimmage

BuffaloBorn

This is it ladies and gentlemen. This camp a big deal. This is the crucible where it starts.

There will be so many good prospects in camp Monday that the critical mass is there to create an environment where talented prospects will be forced to compete and compete hard to earn their place in the pecking order.

Zemgus will be setting the standard for talented grit guys like Compher and Baptiste to match.

If Brendan Lemieux wants to be an NHL power forward any time soon he is going to have to be better than Carrier or Fasching.

Who is the guy who will be in the wheelhouse on offence: Samson or Mikhail? Joel Armia, you are being chased by Justin Bailey.

Nikita, Jake, Mark and Rasmus? There's only room for two of you right now.

Nobody has earned the label goalie of the future yet. Which one of you is it going to be?

Cornel, Schaller, Kea, Catenacci, Samuels-Thomas, Gauthier, Florentino, etc., look at guys in front of you.

You want it, you better bring your lunch bucket.

This is one of the key components of the plan: bringing a bunch of young talent together at the same time, let them fight it out. Let them bond. Let the strong survive. I can't wait.

Anyone going to watch and post some reports?

And Deslauriers.

Good post, as always.

The drive out of Toronto during rush hour is so brutal. That would be some serious dedication.

I'm going to the scrimmage Tuesday night with my brother and cousin. I don't post much here, I've been a lurker for many years. I'll share my thoughts after the scrimmage.

Don't be shy -- post away!

This is it ladies and gentlemen. This camp a big deal. This is the crucible where it starts.

There will be so many good prospects in camp Monday that the critical mass is there to create an environment where talented prospects will be forced to compete and compete hard to earn their place in the pecking order.

This is one of the key components of the plan: bringing a bunch of young talent together at the same time, let them fight it out. Let them bond. Let the strong survive. I can't wait.

It's our Young Stars game. And unlike the All Star version, they'll be motivated.

If anyone shows up there, let me know how grigorenko is doing, guess im one of few fans left but still :D

Compher and Lemieux almost went at eachother accordign to duff, now that is exciting :D

I heard a news report from somewhere that said he looked really slick and strong out there. His skill was definitely on display and he had some amazing moves. I just hope that rough report is more or less correct. Grigs must take a leap forward this year whether it be the AHL or the NHL. This is a guy who needs to start showing us a little bit.

I'm sure that report is accurate. In practice his skills can be on full display. It's when game time comes that I want to see some of that magic. I haven't given up on him yet either but this is the year I hope he shows something, even if it's in the AHL.

I'm sure that report is accurate. In practice his skills can be on full display. It's when game time comes that I want to see some of that magic. I haven't given up on him yet either but this is the year I hope he shows something, even if it's in the AHL.

Realistically I think he should be in the AHL the entire season. Let him have a stable year with 1 solid level of expectations.

I heard a news report from somewhere that said he looked really slick and strong out there. His skill was definitely on display and he had some amazing moves. I just hope that rough report is more or less correct. Grigs must take a leap forward this year whether it be the AHL or the NHL. This is a guy who needs to start showing us a little bit.

Paul Hamilton on WGR

So 12 first/second round picks at Development Camp... plus we currently have 3 first and 3 second round picks in the coming draft. Ridiculous.

One thing I like that Murray did (which was so very anti-Darcy) was he cleared out most of the marginal players this off-season (e.g., McBain, D'Agostini, Leino, Hank, Conacher, Konopka, Scott). Whether intended or not, I think doing so tells these young guys that if they step up, there is a spot for them on the big club.

Buffalo Sabres@BuffaloSabres 39m

TONIGHT: #SabresDevCamp Scrimmage at 7pm. Free admission, free parking. Doors open 6pm. Live stream online http://bit.ly/1qcwV4j

Good to see they're streaming it!

And here's the line up and lines for tonight's scrimmage (and yes, that's a Lemieux-Reinhart-Armia line!):

BLUE TEAM

65 Jordan Samuels-Thomas - 28 Zemgus Girgensons - 10 William Carrier

47 Daniel Catenacci - 25 Mikhail Grigorenko - 24 Hudson Fasching

21 Jonathon Martin - 38 Sean Malone - 15 Justin Bailey

41 Liam Pecararo - 37 Colin Jacobs - 44 Victor Olofsson

72 Brycen Martin - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

29 Jake McCabe - 4 Anthony Florentino

5 Andrew Prochno

35 Andrey Makarov

31 Calvin Petersen

WHITE TEAM

78 Brendan Lemieux - 23 Sam Reinhart - 33 Joel Armia

45 Eric Cornel - 17 J.T. Compher - 20 Nicholas Baptiste

22 Drake Caggiula - 27 Tim Schaller - 13 Kevin Sundher

46 Maxwell Willman - 32 Justin Kea - 12 Patrick Russell

61 Nikita Zadorov - 3 Mark Pysyk

52 Brady Austin - 34 Jerome Leduc

6 Brandon Prophet

40 Linus Ullmark

31 Jonas Johansson

50 Nathan Lieuwen

http://sabres.nhl.co...st.htm?id=30560

Edited by Campy

Only my opinion but...Brian Duff's inability settle for a hairstyle is getting a bit disturbing to look at. He used to be clean-shaven with a somewhat full head of hair. Now he has shaved his head and grown a playoff beard. Brian, please change back to the Ron McLean thinning hair but clean-shaven style and restore my sense of equilibrium.

And here's the line up and lines for tonight's scrimmage (and yes, that's a Lemieux-Reinhart-Armia line!):

BLUE TEAM

65 Jordan Samuels-Thomas - 28 Zemgus Girgensons - 10 William Carrier

47 Daniel Catenacci - 25 Mikhail Grigorenko - 24 Hudson Fasching

21 Jonathon Martin - 38 Sean Malone - 15 Justin Bailey

41 Liam Pecararo - 37 Colin Jacobs - 44 Victor Olofsson

72 Brycen Martin - 55 Rasmus Ristolainen

29 Jake McCabe - 4 Anthony Florentino

5 Andrew Prochno

35 Andrey Makarov

31 Calvin Petersen

WHITE TEAM

78 Brendan Lemieux - 23 Sam Reinhart - 33 Joel Armia

45 Eric Cornel - 17 J.T. Compher - 20 Nicholas Baptiste

22 Drake Caggiula - 27 Tim Schaller - 13 Kevin Sundher

46 Maxwell Willman - 32 Justin Kea - 12 Patrick Russell

61 Nikita Zadorov - 3 Mark Pysyk

52 Brady Austin - 34 Jerome Leduc

6 Brandon Prophet

40 Linus Ullmark

31 Jonas Johansson

50 Nathan Lieuwen

http://sabres.nhl.co...st.htm?id=30560

That looks like it'll be a lot of fun to watch.

One thing I like that Murray did (which was so very anti-Darcy) was he cleared out most of the marginal players this off-season (e.g., McBain, D'Agostini, Leino, Hank, Conacher, Konopka, Scott). Whether intended or not, I think doing so tells these young guys that if they step up, there is a spot for them on the big club.

Good call.

That looks like it'll be a lot of fun to watch.

Yessir.

Yep. Shortly before free agency started, I believe he had said that he didn't want to load up on contracts that would block the kids from competing for spots.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.