Development camp - Blue & Gold scrimmage

BuffaloBorn

I think I am going to this tonight, as I was screwed out of my Phish ticket at CMAC and it's a mess out here right now.

I just wish my Father were here to go with me, and if he were, he would be going with OR without me. Lol.

He would also be as ecstatic as a little kid on Christmas morning, as they are building exactly how he had hoped they would right before he passed away. But it's hard, some of his last words to any of us were, "This is so hard to watch (2008 playoffs) because I know I will never see the Sabres play another game, let alone another game for the Stanley Cup...but I hope you do."

Well, here's to hoping I do too...here's to the future of the Sabres...and here's to you, Pops! :beer:

(I think this is our first time back there without my Father...so this could be a little emotional, I've never been without him.)

Edited by Bob Malooga

<snip>

(I think this is our first time back there without my Father...so this could be a little emotional, I've never been without him.)

Understandable if you get a little emotional but I'm jealous you get to go. Have fun!

I think I am going to this tonight, as I was screwed out of my Phish ticket at CMAC and it's a mess out here right now.

I just wish my Father were here to go with me, and if he were, he would be going with OR without me. Lol.

He would also be as ecstatic as a little kid on Christmas morning, as they are building exactly how he had hoped they would right before he passed away. But it's hard, some of his last words to any of us were, "This is so hard to watch (2008 playoffs) because I know I will never see the Sabres play another game, let alone another game for the Stanley Cup...but I hope you do."

Well, here's to hoping I do too...here's to the future of the Sabres...and here's to you, Pops! :beer:

There is no reason to believe he won't be there with you. Not to get into a theological discussion but if you believe in that then he is probably still sharing your excitement.

There is no reason to believe he won't be there with you. Not to get into a theological discussion but if you believe in that then he is probably still sharing your excitement.

My dad passed in '95 and we used to watch the Sabres together. These kinds of thoughts frequently occur to me and I have some of my best memories of him when watching the Sabres.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.