The tank is 1/2 over...

LabattBlue

133 members have voted

1. 1. Will you be pissed if the tank goes off course and the Sabres don't pick #1 or #2?

• Yes
    • No

if they pick up points in any of the next 5 games - I think its time to find out what Linus Omark, Alexander Sulzer, Jamie Mcbain and Zenus Konopka are up to and sign them up to help finish this thing out.

Yeah, I really want to pay to see that shitfest.

Yeah, I really want to pay to see that shitfest.

Short Term pain for long term gain? Think of it as an investment, your buying low right now and in a few years your tickets will be extremely valuable. Plus look at all the back-up goalies you may get to see play - Al Montoya, Thomas Griess, Devon Dubnyk, Teto Berra and more. Not often you get to see these stars play live!

though granted, easy for me as a non-season ticket holder to say.

Ya Mike Schopp (who I never care for) was discussing this issue last night on 550 and he brought up a good point. He said he shares seasons right now and they try and sell the odd game off to help cover the cost. Well this year and last he basically couldn't give the tickets away but he was talking about how McDavid changes that overnight. He already had someone approach him looking to buy the rights to his tickets for a game next year that's conditional on the Sabres getting McDavid. Would the value of your seasons be as high with Eichel as McDavid? Probably not but there is the potential for it. If the Sabres can land one of these two big prospects I could see tickets to this team being similar to right after the lockout, ie. you couldn't find a ticket and had to pay STH way above market value to get in the building. Short term financial pain for long term financial gain.

Ya Mike Schopp (who I never care for) was discussing this issue last night on 550 and he brought up a good point. He said he shares seasons right now and they try and sell the odd game off to help cover the cost. Well this year and last he basically couldn't give the tickets away but he was talking about how McDavid changes that overnight. He already had someone approach him looking to buy the rights to his tickets for a game next year that's conditional on the Sabres getting McDavid. Would the value of your seasons be as high with Eichel as McDavid? Probably not but there is the potential for it. If the Sabres can land one of these two big prospects I could see tickets to this team being similar to right after the lockout, ie. you couldn't find a ticket and had to pay STH way above market value to get in the building. Short term financial pain for long term financial gain.

Just about. Remember how insane this city went when we landed Grigorenko....at no.12 overall?

McDavid or Eichel would be the most hyped athlete in Buffalo since Jim Kelly arrived ~30 years ago. Actually, he's surpass that because even Kelly wasn't considered generational. Imagine Sammy Watkins multiplied by a factor of 100 and with no controversial trade to talk about.

There isn't even a historical parallel to link to because Buffalo has NEVER landed a guy like that at a draft. Another reason I can't envision it happening honestly.

Just about. Remember how insane this city went when we landed Grigorenko....at no.12 overall?

McDavid or Eichel would be the most hyped athlete in Buffalo since Jim Kelly arrived ~30 years ago. Actually, he's surpass that because even Kelly wasn't considered generational. Imagine Sammy Watkins multiplied by a factor of 100 and with no controversial trade to talk about.

There isn't even a historical parallel to link to because Buffalo has NEVER landed a guy like that at a draft. Another reason I can't envision it happening honestly.

:lol: Rob, you're a never ending source of schadenfreude.

Schopp pays $200 a game give or take for his 2 tickets. $2,000 a year for 10 games. 6 home playoff games since 2007. In these 8 years he's paid out $15,000 in cash, just on tickets, to see 1/4 of a season each year, and a total of 1.5 playoff games.

If the Sabres have the #1 pick, you can get in to see Connor McDavid for $30 against Phoenix on a Tuesday next year.....and you STILL won't have a playoff game on the horizon.

Anything to cope......

Well to compare it to the 2006 ish team... Those years we were a good team, I could sell my seats for double what I paid. Toronto and some others for over $200 a seat back when I paid $25 a seat for them.

And I think if we get back to being good that will happen again with this strong fan base. From all indications, either one of those guys will go a long way to getting us back to our hay day. I realize it's only one player but when you get your franchise guy in place it's much easier to work out the rest.

It's probably easier for a non-STH (although I'm a long time mini-pak holder) to not feel bad for the STH being gouged this year because there is the potential to make it up in spades if the long stated plan falls into place.

And I think if we get back to being good that will happen again with this strong fan base. From all indications, either one of those guys will go a long way to getting us back to our hay day. I realize it's only one player but when you get your franchise guy in place it's much easier to work out the rest.

It's probably easier for a non-STH (although I'm a long time mini-pak holder) to not feel bad for the STH being gouged this year because there is the potential to make it up in spades if the long stated plan falls into place.

I'm a STH as you know, and not that concerned about this year and losing money on the tickets. Albeit I only pay $70 for a pair of seats. When I go to a game I'm at least shelling out $50 for transportation, food, beer, etc. So if I don't go I'm actually only out $20. Most of the time if I can't go I donate the tickets to a charity, it's easy to do on the Sabres site. Then I write off the donation and BOOM in the black again.

Perreault!!

I'm a STH as you know, and not that concerned about this year and losing money on the tickets. Albeit I only pay $70 for a pair of seats. When I go to a game I'm at least shelling out $50 for transportation, food, beer, etc. So if I don't go I'm actually only out $20. Most of the time if I can't go I donate the tickets to a charity, it's easy to do on the Sabres site. Then I write off the donation and BOOM in the black again.

So....how much scratch you makin that you get excited over a ticket writeoff?......

Is Chz rollin' in it, so to speak?

Short Term pain for long term gain? Think of it as an investment, your buying low right now and in a few years your tickets will be extremely valuable. Plus look at all the back-up goalies you may get to see play - Al Montoya, Thomas Griess, Devon Dubnyk, Teto Berra and more. Not often you get to see these stars play live!

though granted, easy for me as a non-season ticket holder to say.

He gets it. Almost ecerybody does.

I'd fire the guy on the spot for that one.

As funny as that is for us pro-tankers, I agree 100%. If he still has a job this morning, all the upper management should feel extremely safe about their job security going forward.

I may very soon go underground. I will either become depressed that the Sabres may snap out of it and vault out of the basement to 5th or 6th from the bottom, or as much as I am 100% pro-tank and want them to lose every game this year, I will lose interest because of the bad hockey, and therefore, stop watching and minimize my posting.

Hi. My name is Blue, I have been a tankaholic for 1-1/2 years, and really need your help and support!

Was Perrault considered the best of his generation?

That's a different question than "Was Perreault considered a generational talent coming out of juniors?" He was.

McDavid is considered a generational talent coming out. It remains to be seen if he'll be the best player of his generation.

GO SABRES!!!

Edited by K-9

You're right on Kelly. He wasn't even the Bills' first pick in 1983.

But Bruce Smith was considered a generational talent.

You're right on Kelly. He wasn't even the Bills' first pick in 1983.

But Bruce Smith was considered a generational talent.

Smith and OJ are the only two I can think of coming out of college that the Bills drafted.

GO SABRES!!!

Actually, from a business stand point there is a huge difference. With McDavid I can get $300 per ticket over cost of ticket thanks to Canadien market. With Eichel , about one third