Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Really.  StubHub claims to have a workaround, but I can't imagine what it is:  https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20150414/west-loop/nashville-predators-stubhub-at-odds-over-blackhawk-tickets

"The Predators ticket sales rep said that same credit card must be used to enter Wednesday or Friday's games (and any additional playoff games at Bridgestone Arena)."

Doesn't this seem... kind of illegal?

If it's not.. can we get this action on Sabres season ticket holders?  Bye bye Leafs fans!

I wonder how many of their actual fans they end up turning away because they forgot to bring their credit card...

Season ticket holder use a Smashville Passport card to get into games already.  All games/tickets are loaded onto the card.  So there is no change at all.  When you get to the entry point they swipe your card and your ticket stub prints out.  The same system works with credit cards (i.e. ticketless).

Hawks fans are usually more than 1/2 of the fans for regular season games here.  So they're trying to abate that.  The problem is about 1/3 of Nashville is transplanted Chicagoans, so I doubt it'll work.  Too many locals with Chicago ties.

I'll be there tonight and Friday.  Front row club level just to the right of the cameras and just to the left of the Mandrell family (Barbara's husband Ken is a huge hockey fan).

Season ticket holder use a Smashville Passport card to get into games already.  All games/tickets are loaded onto the card.  So there is no change at all.  When you get to the entry point they swipe your card and your ticket stub prints out.  The same system works with credit cards (i.e. ticketless).

Hawks fans are usually more than 1/2 of the fans for regular season games here.  So they're trying to abate that.  The problem is about 1/3 of Nashville is transplanted Chicagoans, so I doubt it'll work.  Too many locals with Chicago ties.

I'll be there tonight and Friday.  Front row club level just to the right of the cameras and just to the left of the Mandrell family (Barbara's husband Ken is a huge hockey fan).

Next year dammit I am coming for a game.  

Doesn't this seem... kind of illegal?

If it's not.. can we get this action on Sabres season ticket holders?  Bye bye Leafs fans!

A place of public accommodation refusing to serve people based on their out-of-state residency, or, flipped the other way, limiting certain of its services to in-state residents.

They're not a government actor, so it's not as though they're running afoul of the commerce clause.

It doesn't feel like a "refusal to deal" case since the franchise isn't trying to coerce customers into refraining from doing business with someone else.

Eleven? What say ye?

Really. StubHub claims to have a workaround, but I can't imagine what it is: https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20150414/west-loop/nashville-predators-stubhub-at-odds-over-blackhawk-tickets

"The Predators ticket sales rep said that same credit card must be used to enter Wednesday or Friday's games (and any additional playoff games at Bridgestone Arena)."

My wife runs ticketing at a local venue. Scalpers buy up tickets and resell on stubhub for a ridiculous price. It's sad to see people over pay two to three times when they could get seats as good or better from the box office itself. It makes her(and me) sick to see these predators jack up prices. It's a growing problem and this seems like an attempt to keep ticket prices in check and not so much an exclusion thing. It not only hurts ticket buyers but promoters and performers as well. Who wants empty seats at a venue simply because someone bought hundreds of seats they can't sell for 200% profit?

A place of public accommodation refusing to serve people based on their out-of-state residency, or, flipped the other way, limiting certain of its services to in-state residents.

They're not a government actor, so it's not as though they're running afoul of the commerce clause.

It doesn't feel like a "refusal to deal" case since the franchise isn't trying to coerce customers into refraining from doing business with someone else.

Eleven? What say ye?

I say it's legal but sad.  We tolerate 50-50 crowds every Habs game and every Leaves game.  We tolerate somewhat less mixed crowds for the Pens, Rags, and Sens, too.  So it seems a little, um, insecure, of Nashville to do this.

Felt the same way 'bout the cryer canes fans back in the day.

I say it's legal but sad.  We tolerate 50-50 crowds every Habs game and every Leaves game.  We tolerate somewhat less mixed crowds for the Pens, Rags, and Sens, too.  So it seems a little, um, insecure, of Nashville to do this.

Felt the same way 'bout the cryer canes fans back in the day.

tolerate it? It's usually Sabres fans that cause it because they sell those games off knowing it will pay off their season tickets to do it......

Sure, fine, how does that affect the situation between Nashville and Chicago?

Not one bit.. but I wonder now..

What would be the season ticket sales volume for the Sabres if the season ticket holders couldn't sell off all those games after the fact?  What if Buffalo instituted a policy that you could only sell off tickets to non-conference games?

We might see a dramatic drop in sales.

Not sure where to put this, so I'll put it here. I saved this Tweet to read later.

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/588717041533620225?s=03

Only to find the link to this http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/how-buffalo-s-connor-mcdavid-tank-killed-my-passion-for-sabres-hockey-145050744.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=twnow reads:

"Editor's note: A fan's guest column posted earlier Thursday has been removed from the Puck Daddy blog and Yahoo Sports. The column was a fan's view of the Buffalo Sabres' 2014-15 season. The author of the column engaged with other fans on social media upon publication. The author's social media activity is unacceptable and does not represent the views of Puck Daddy or Yahoo Sports."

Anybody get a chance to read it before it was taken down?

Not sure where to put this, so I'll put it here. I saved this Tweet to read later.

https://twitter.com/wyshynski/status/588717041533620225?s=03

Only to find the link to this http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck-daddy/how-buffalo-s-connor-mcdavid-tank-killed-my-passion-for-sabres-hockey-145050744.html?soc_src=mediacontentstory&soc_trk=twnow reads:

"Editor's note: A fan's guest column posted earlier Thursday has been removed from the Puck Daddy blog and Yahoo Sports. The column was a fan's view of the Buffalo Sabres' 2014-15 season. The author of the column engaged with other fans on social media upon publication. The author's social media activity is unacceptable and does not represent the views of Puck Daddy or Yahoo Sports."

Anybody get a chance to read it before it was taken down?

I did. It was hot garbage. The hottest.

Then the guy doubled down on stupid by just flaming people who (fairly reasonably) engaged him on Twitter.

I did. It was hot garbage. The hottest.

Then the guy doubled down on stupid by just flaming people who (fairly reasonably) engaged him on Twitter.

Then it turned out the guy is a semi-regular here.  In this thread: http://forums.sabrespace.com/topic/23289-reflecting-tank-wars/

Can't wait until we have hockey stuff to talk about again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.