Around the NHL: 2014-2015

LGR4GM

Nolan taking over with Oilers, I could see that as a real possibility, on the other hand, isn't it odd that Arizona hasn't fired anyone, could it be finishing 29th and not 30th saved someone's job

Tippet is a very good coach, I'd have kept him if we had him and came in last. From what I've heard the decision to stay/leave is entirely up to Tippet. Hockey Central believes he has an out clause, and supposedly he is meeting with his wife to discuss their future. 

Could you imagine a FA where there are higher profile coaches available than players?

Nolan taking over with Oilers, I could see that as a real possibility, on the other hand, isn't it odd that Arizona hasn't fired anyone, could it be finishing 29th and not 30th saved someone's job

If somebody hired the coach that just finished last twice in a row of there would be riots. Nolan isn't getting a head job anywhere. No matter how much you don't like him being fired.

They said a while back Tippet was not in danger of losing his job. He is regarded as a very good coach, Nolan is not.

So, I'm going to be in Nashville this weekend. Was thinking of going to the Preds/Hawks game Friday night, but I'm not sure. Anyone been to a Predators playoff game - is the vibe good there?

How is this even a question Sizzle? Of course you go! It's a playoff game!  :beer:

So, I'm going to be in Nashville this weekend. Was thinking of going to the Preds/Hawks game Friday night, but I'm not sure. Anyone been to a Predators playoff game - is the vibe good there?

If this were a V8 commercial, something would have just bonked you on the head.  Of course you go!

I went to a game when I was on leave in February. The fans are pretty involved and loud. Especially for a non-traditional hockey market.

Well, I don't ask for myself, it's more of a question for my wife. I need to convince her that it's worth cutting into our trip - she was looking forward to the honky tonks Friday night.

Ticket prices are reasonable in what they call the balcony...I already tried that angle.

Well, I don't ask for myself, it's more of a question for my wife. I need to convince her that it's worth cutting into our trip - she was looking forward to the honky tonks Friday night.

Ticket prices are reasonable in what they call the balcony...I already tried that angle.

Nashville games look like a blast. 

Good luck.  They won't let you buy tickets unless you have a credit card identified to an address in one of several southern states.

I hope one day to live in Nashville and the fact they have the Predators is a major consideration. 

Good call, LGR.  I'm thinking about going to the Bills game in Nashville this fall; it would be really tempting if there is a Saturday evening Preds game to pair it with.

Good call, LGR.  I'm thinking about going to the Bills game in Nashville this fall; it would be really tempting if there is a Saturday evening Preds game to pair it with.

Living in the hockey wasteland I currently do is frustrating.  During the Olympics I was explaining to everyone things like offsides and just about every penalty, it was taxing.  That said I have only been to Nashville once and I really enjoyed myself.  

Good luck.  They won't let you buy tickets unless you have a credit card identified to an address in one of several southern states.

Wait really? I get the purpose behind that, but you're kinda if you live up here and are indeed a Preds fan. 

Wait really? I get the purpose behind that, but you're kinda ###### if you live up here and are indeed a Preds fan. 

Do they open it up eventually? Carolina did the same thing in 2006, but after a few days I could buy tickets (for something like $75 each for "oranges" on the blue line) even with my PA address.

Come on, really?

Really.  StubHub claims to have a workaround, but I can't imagine what it is:  https://www.dnainfo.com/chicago/20150414/west-loop/nashville-predators-stubhub-at-odds-over-blackhawk-tickets

"The Predators ticket sales rep said that same credit card must be used to enter Wednesday or Friday's games (and any additional playoff games at Bridgestone Arena)."

Edited by Eleven

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.